Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Why does the amount of discs required effect any game?

The PS1 FF games were spread over several discs. Lost Oddesey is that way because of all the HD cut scenes and high res models.

Jeeze... That image is BS :) 360 uses 9GB discs, a Blu Ray is like... 50GB. So it'd probably be like 5 discs if it ever came over :p

Always one to dampen the joke lol.

And I think lazyboy was referring to the size/length of the game, which yeah, I really don't have time for.

If Mario Galaxy can do brilliance on one disk so can everything else. Its principle. It's also a sign that it's all about the FMVs, i.e. not my thing.

Mario Galaxy isn't a 40 hour RPG, with HD cut scenes, hundreds of enemy types and massively high res textures.

Its all relative... plus they have to fit hours of speech in there for several languages.

Mario Galaxy isn't a 40 hour RPG, with HD cut scenes, hundreds of enemy types and massively high res textures.

Its all relative... plus they have to fit hours of speech in there for several languages.

1. Skies of Arcadia is on one disk, 50 hour RPG, and one of the best

2. Hours of speech......yeah, no thanks.

Ha played the cube version, but my point stands that Skies is a phonomenal RPG even today, and it isn't on four disks. I think the larger issue I have is with FMVs. I think they're lazy. And I don't mean in a "they don't take any time to make" lazy. I mean that using FMVs in a game is out of place. A medium where you are supposed to be immersed into the experience is not fitting for story telling where you're supposed to sit back and take it. Now Half Life 2, that's how you do it. Or even better, Metroid. The story telling fitted the medium and genre.

Shit these chinese won't quite with these fucking fireworks.

Edit: Oh yeah, i realise the irony of talking bout laziness. I'm thinking of changing my name soon anyway.

OK what the hell. On Crackdown I'm doing one of the rooftop races in Los Muertos and one of the checkpoints is in the water just off the coast I go to it and nothing happens.

Has anyone else found this?

Head towards the nearest exit from your base and follow the tunnel underground, its in there.