Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

I'm thinking of getting an Xbox 360 elite next year for myself, mainly for Resi 5 and xbox exclusives Halo, PGR etc. I'm in no rush to get one as at the moment there's lots of games on the wii to keep me busy such as mp3, galaxy, umbrella chronicles.

I would appreciate some advice as i'm thinking of getting an xbox arcade for xmas for the kids bedroom and i would like to know if the arcade games that come with it are either on the memory card, are downloaded to memory card as theres no hard drive or do you have to be online to play them as you only get 1 months free subscription to xbox live ? And has it got slower load times due to it not having a hard drive ?

Thanks in anticipation

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xbox Live Arcade's arcade games come on a CD and are non transferable.

The memory card is capable of storing quite a few games (its 256mb) as well as game saves etc. The HDD on the 360 is rarely ever used by games, so no it will not effect loading times.

Regarding XBOX Live:

You do get 1 month free Gold. Once this runs out you can either:

1, continue to pay for XBL Gold

2, Go on XBOX Live Silver. This gives you all the same features as gold, just no online play.

Hah, jsut got a big relief. I had to set my 360 to connect to live through the router i'm using (because the BT Modem from before isn't compat with Vista), so i'm worreied thinking "shit this is gonna take the piss". I plugged it in, set IP to automatic, and it worked straight away.

Better than using that ICS bollocks.

Hah, jsut got a big relief. I had to set my 360 to connect to live through the router i'm using (because the BT Modem from before isn't compat with Vista), so i'm worreied thinking "shit this is gonna take the piss". I plugged it in, set IP to automatic, and it worked straight away.

Better than using that ICS bollocks.

Do you mean the BT Homehub? Cos mine works fine with Vista