N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov
Its a space shooter game which is really bad IMO. I downloaded the demo and it just played terrible also it got many a bad review saying the game itself is flawed.

Cheers, I saw some free content on the Marketplace and thought about it.

One to miss then.

I won't be joining you on gears anymore in future guys, plain sick of the coin-tossing and bored in general from playing too much.

Wait till Halo 3.

Also, i've been trying to get all te cltohes on bomberman, sometimes the crystals just don't seem to be appearing.

On metacritic it got 67 average so I suppose it's not terrible however it is coming out a budget price I think (if £30 counts as being budget these days).

Also, i've been trying to get all te cltohes on bomberman, sometimes the crystals just don't seem to be appearing.

The round has to be at least two minutes however for me the alot of the games I played the bastard cpu's just walk over. They don't go for them if they are far away but if there are close I've seen them head straight towards it.

Guest Stefkov

They usually appear after the minute mark if you set it to 2 minutes.

By that time, you can usually get loads of speed ups, so you just speed all the way to the crystal.

GTA IV better on 360 - Rockstar

Rockstar has said Xbox 360 gamers will get a better Grand Theft Auto IV experience.

It was detailing the differences in the two console versions and refusing to get caught up in the crossfire, when it accidentally let slip its preference.

"They're identical games. We're not hardware makers, and we're not like a pawn between these companies, we try not to be as much as we can. We make great games for people to enjoy on whichever system they want," spokesperson Hosi Simon told Games Radar.

"But I guess if you want the complete experience with the episodes, then yeah, you should buy the 360, I suppose." Whoops.

He was referring to two episodes that will build on the GTA IV experience exclusively on Xbox 360 - the same ones MS reportedly paid USD 50 million for. The first of these is expected to be available around March 2008.

Grand Theft Auto IV is due for release on PS3 and Xbox 360 on 19th October

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=80401

Guest Stefkov

Finally got past the third-ish level of R6V. The single player is really frustrating, and slow, and annoying.

Multiplayer is great though, if people joined...¬_¬

:heh:

Ubisoft are doing a Heroes game

It's been confirmed today a game based on the critically acclaimed US TV show Heroes is to be published by Ubisoft. But don't get your hopes up for some superhero action any time soon, the game isn't expected to hit store shelves until late 2008.

Tim Kring, executive producer and creator of Heroes told the Hollywood Reporter:

"We're very excited to be making the Heroes video game with Ubisoft. Time and again, Ubisoft has proven they can turn licensed properties into fantastic games."

Heroes co-executive producer Jesse Alexander added:

"From Day 1 we've all been thinking about the game. All along we've been writing some of our stories in ways they can tie into the eventual video game. We want it to have a lasting shelf-life and tell a distinctive story that gives you enhanced insight into the entire franchise."

Although the story is not expected to be an exact retelling of the events of the show, but the game is expected the follow most of the characters from the show. For those who missed it first time around on the Sci-Fi Channel, you can watch Heroes on BBC2 on Wednesday evenings at 9pm. Our US visitors can look forward to Season 2 of Heroes on NBC from September 24th.

Sticking with Ubisoft at Comic Con, the Hollywood Reporter also states that the first trailer for LOST will be soon at Comic Con.

Microsoft Corp., the world's biggest software maker, said fourth-quarter earnings rose 7.3 percent, held back by more than $1 billion in costs to fix faulty Xbox video-game consoles.

Net income increased to $3.04 billion, or 31 cents a share, from $2.83 billion, or 28 cents, a year earlier, the Redmond, Washington-based company said in a statement distributed by PR Newswire today. Sales advanced 13 percent to $13.4 billion, beating analysts' estimates.

The repair expenses eroded gains from new Windows and Office programs. Xbox unit sales fell short of Microsoft's original forecasts for the year and the business has lost more than $5 billion in five years, reigniting debate about whether Microsoft should be taking on Sony Corp. and Nintendo Co. at all.

``You have yet another misstep here with the Xbox,'' said Sarah Friar, an analyst at Goldman, Sachs & Co. in San Francisco with a ``buy'' rating on the stock.

Profit met the 31-cent average estimate of 12 analysts surveyed by Bloomberg. Sales projections averaged $13.3 billion.

Shares of Microsoft added 2 cents to $31.53 in extended trading after the report. They had gained 59 cents to $31.51 as of 4 p.m. New York time in Nasdaq Stock Market composite trading. They have risen 5.5 percent this year, lagging behind rivals such as Oracle Corp., Google Inc. and Apple Inc.

Laggard

Microsoft said profit in the quarter that began July 1 will be 38 cents to 40 cents a share on sales of $12.4 billion to $12.6 billion. Analysts anticipated earnings of 38 cents a share and sales of $12.4 billion, the survey showed.

The company raised its forecasts for this year, though the projections still trail analysts' estimates. Profit will be $1.69 to $1.73 on sales of $56.8 billion to $57.8 billion, compared with an average analyst estimate of $1.72 and $57.9 billion. Microsoft in April forecast profit of $1.68 to $1.72 and sales of $56.5 billion to $57.5 billion.

The new Windows Vista and Office 2007, which went on sale broadly on Jan. 30, fostered growth of more than 10 percent in the company's two biggest divisions. The company also benefited from rising sales of programs for server computers, where its growth is outpacing the total market.

Xbox has been the laggard. Microsoft said this month an ``unacceptable'' number of its Xbox 360 machines are experiencing a complete shutdown customers call the ``red ring of death,'' after the circle that appears on defective consoles. Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer, 51, extended the warranty and Microsoft is reimbursing users who have already paid for fixes.

The repairs cut profit by about 8 cents a share, according to Friar. At least eight analysts reduced their earnings per share projections after the announcement July 5, lowering the average estimate by 7 cents.

The company has sold 11.6 million consoles as of June 30, missing its forecast for sales of 12 million amid competition from Kyoto, Japan-based Nintendo's Wii.

GTA IV better on 360 - Rockstar

Rockstar has said Xbox 360 gamers will get a better Grand Theft Auto IV experience.

Was always going to be like that...I got said ages ago there would be DLC xbox would get.

I guess that if that oblivion shivering isle cost 2400 points ,GTA will not be as much but i think some where in the region of 1000-2500 depending on hours of gameplay

So after i found i've got like, £70 in the bank after taking out £110 for holidays, and the fact i'll have quite a bit after portugal for all my needs up to my birthday, i wanna buy some points or something. Good XBLA games?

Ok:

Contra - Good, i'm shit

Wing Commander - Bit shitty..

Yi Ar Kung Fu - I really don't know whjat to think..

Trying out Mad Tracks next, been meaning to try it for a while.

XBLA Games i do have:

Band Of Bugs

Bomberman LIVE

Boom Boom Rocket

Hexic HD

Jetpac Refuelled

Pac-Man

Prince Of Persia

Sonic.

I also still have the XBLA Unplugged disc.

Finally got past the third-ish level of R6V. The single player is really frustrating, and slow, and annoying.

Multiplayer is great though, if people joined...¬_¬

:heh:

Hmm... I think I'll buy it, does it have split screen? And if so, 2 or 4 players?