N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

Game Informer's has exclusive infomation on the revision of the Xbox 360.

blackxbox1.jpg

• HDMI port and HDMI cable
  • 120GB hard drive
  • $479 price tag
  • No HD-DVD integration
  • The 120GB hard drive will be available for under $200
  • It's coming in "late April"

Thats a bad april fools joke though.

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xbox 360 Elite: HDMI-enabled black unit in late April for $479, limited-edition

blackxboxgameinformer.jpgxbox360black.jpg

We've confirmed with trusted sources that the black Xbox 360 is indeed coming (the image above is of the original 360 dev kit, FYI), and will be dubbed the Xbox 360 Elite. Here's what you need to know about it:

* The Elite will be limited quantities only; that may be as much or as little as a couple hundred thousand.

* The case, controller, and Live headset will all be black. It will have all new packaging.

* Elite will cost $479, and will be a 3rd SKU; it will be sold alongside Premium and Core packs.

* Eventually Elite hardware (in white plastics) will take the role of the Xbox Premium. That is to say, after the Elite is launched and sold out, future Xbox Premiums will have 120GB / HDMI.

* We do not yet know exactly when 120GB / HDMI will become the standard for Premium, but it is loosely estimated to be late summer or fall.

* Elite models run cooler than normal 360s, but they are not yet confirmed to have 65nm chips.

* Prices may remain the same with the 120GB / HDMI hardware upgrade in the Premium Xbox, but we may still see a price cut on the line when 65nm chips start shipping.

* The HD DVD drive will not be internal or bundled -- Microsoft never did or nor does not currently have plans to put an HD DVD drive in the 360.

* There are no current plans to integrate WiFi into the Elite or future Premiums (although that can always change).

engadget

Once again ZF looks like a dumbass.

I'll probably get a hard drive if there's some way of transfering all my saves etc over to it without extra cost.

What that Xbox Eilte is a joke made up for GI's april issue.

Hows all this ps3 stuff related to the 360 thread

So the PS3 coming to Europe is still a rumour?

No because its been shipped to retailers.

And the fact that it says coming April, unless it means next year.

Also theres no point in the 360 updating its hardware now maybe for xmas but thats the earliest.

Guest Stefkov
Let's not let this thread decend into a bitch fest or another argumentative thread?

Anyone besides Stefkov tried the BL Cricket demo?

You mean the Virtua Tennis demo? I havnt tried the cricket one...

Got a bit further into Crackdown just before. Got my agility, explosives up to 4 stars. Agility orbs are just coming to me on the last island. They're everywhere. My driving is 2 stars still, i dont drive in the game, jumping on the rooftops is hella fun.

Still probably be an april fools joke.

Until its on shelfs its still a rumour.

Mario Galaxy is a rumour?

Oh shoot, it looked really good aswell.

Oh no! that means MGS4, FFXIII, No more Heroes, GTAIV are all rumours too! God i hate my life...

$199 for a 120gb HD is a rip off! Microsoft are gonna sting us again!

why didnt microsoft just let us put our own HD's on the machines. no built in wi-fi on the new machine is another big joke.

I am not gonna buy this new machine unless the japanese version is real cheap. wouldnt be suprised if this doesnt get released in japan though.

Yes. But I thought ZF was obviously talking about the new 360 exclusively, not all things not out. I also thought it was quite obvious :heh:

He was, I was simply pointing out the fact that things become confirmed a long time before they are on the shelves.

Mario Galaxy is a rumour?

Oh shoot, it looked really good aswell.

Oh no! that means MGS4, FFXIII, No more Heroes, GTAIV are all rumours too! God i hate my life...

I mean that xbox elite is still a rumour as it will never come to shelves.

In my last post I was refering to just the rumoured black 360 that was it.

Yes. But I thought ZF was obviously talking about the new 360 exclusively, not all things not out. I also thought it was quite obvious :heh:

I must buy you a pint next time your in newcastle.

He was, I was simply pointing out the fact that things become confirmed a long time before they are on the shelves.

But its an april fools joke if you think that microsoft going to release new hardware while they are currently trumping the ps3.

Nintendo were trumping the PSP when they released the DS Lite.

The reason though why they did that is becuase they wanted to release a cooler looking product on the market plaus ds sales were starting to slow down in japan.

But microsoft hasn't reached any sort of point where they have been slowing down in the west. Because it hasn't really started moving loads of products in a month yet that has been over 500k over the whole of europe yet.

Matt Helgeson, senior editor over at Game Informer, just dropped us a line to let us know that the story is in fact true. As a rule they don't post fake news stories in their April mag. So go celebrate.

That still doesn't mean it's official, but it isn't a April Fool's joke.

If Microsoft do make a black 360 I hope it looks better than the mock-ups we've seen. They look pretty cheap, especially next to the PS3's sheen.

Guest Jordan
whats everybodys next game VT?

Yeah, its a damn lot of fun even if it is solid.

After that its Guitar Hero.

The whole 360 Elite thing is abit of a joke, i mean us early adopters are getting fucked in the ass. We can't transfer our save files anymore due to people cheating for achievements and all DLC has to be redownloaded because of the DRM on HDD's.

*sigh*

If i didn't have a 360? Hell, i'd snap one up very fast.

Yeah, its a damn lot of fun even if it is solid.

After that its Guitar Hero.

The whole 360 Elite thing is abit of a joke, i mean us early adopters are getting fucked in the ass. We can't transfer our save files anymore due to people cheating for achievements and all DLC has to be redownloaded because of the DRM on HDD's.

*sigh*

If i didn't have a 360? Hell, i'd snap one up very fast.

I've devised a plan for Saves :heh:

The 360 "Elite" looks tempting but kind of costy for me at this very moment... I don't know if you guys have read these yet, I just recieved them in my Google Alerts.

iTWire

TechWhack

Video Game Generation

Talk Xbox

TechShout!

Thats just a bunch of Elite 360 news. For people that are interstested.

And I was wondering, because the articles were a little unclear about it, if these new 360's ship with 65nm chips or not. If they do there's a way better chance I'll get one of 'em right away since they are "Limited Edition". If they don't I'll prolly wait until they do start shipping with them.