N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

Got a bit of a dilema at the moment, want a new 360 game but need to choose between:

Gears of War (£32.99)

Rainbow 6: Vegas (£26.99)

Crackdown (£33.29)

Viva Pinatta + Perfect Dark Zero (2 for £40)

Viva Pinatta (£24.99)

Very little to choose between all of them price wise so which do people find themselves playing more?

Well, not Crackdown because it's not out yet. I've played a lot of Gears of War though. I also really like Viva Pinata but other games have kept me from playing it for a while now. PDZ isn't that good, but the rest are quality, although I'm not a fan of games like R6V.

Personally I'd go for Gears of War, but that is an impossible list to choose from.

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a bit of a dilema at the moment, want a new 360 game but need to choose between:

Gears of War (£32.99)

Rainbow 6: Vegas (£26.99)

Crackdown (£33.29)

Viva Pinatta + Perfect Dark Zero (2 for £40)

Viva Pinatta (£24.99)

Very little to choose between all of them price wise so which do people find themselves playing more?

Viva Pinata if you want a nice relaxing and fun game.

Gears if you want a short but great experience.

I wouldnt recommed PDZ

Rainbow Six if you like squad based games with realism.

If I had to choose I would say Rainbow, I play that a hell of alot more than Gears of War due to there being ALOT more options and gametypes to play online. You can alos play through story mode with 2/3 other people online and the Terrorist Hunt missions are great fun.

Only 4v4? I miss PC gaming :weep:

If Joint Ops managed 150 (i.e. 75v75) 3 years ago then surely the 360 can do more than 4v4?!?!

You don't have respawns and rounds take a while with only 8, so if you got nade tagged early on it's a bitch to wait around already. It's fun 1vs1 splitscreen, so I'm not complaining.

Guest Stefkov
Only 4v4? I miss PC gaming :weep:

If Joint Ops managed 150 (i.e. 75v75) 3 years ago then surely the 360 can do more than 4v4?!?!

Yes 4v4 is a bummer, but if you get a load of rounds in a match. I played one w here it was up to 18. The rounds lasted 5/10 minutes and it went on forever because it was first to 18.

You say surely it can do more that 4v4, well it can with COD3 aving up to 24 poeple. but that isnt as graphically impressive as GoW.

Shut-up all you 4v4 haters. This game is MADE for 4v4, the graphics can handle 4v4, because Ut3 is comming to 360 and has the same graphics as Gears and is probably gonna have atleast 16 players.

Gears is suited so well to 4v4, if there were 16 players there would be no skill and no point for the cover mechanic, it would be a run n gun... Plus the maps aren't even all that big enough for more people. 4v4 is PERFECT for this game..

Shut-up all you 4v4 haters. This game is MADE for 4v4, the graphics can handle 4v4, because Ut3 is comming to 360 and has the same graphics as Gears and is probably gonna have atleast 16 players.

Gears is suited so well to 4v4, if there were 16 players there would be no skill and no point for the cover mechanic, it would be a run n gun... Plus the maps aren't even all that big enough for more people. 4v4 is PERFECT for this game..

That's what I think. The game is built around it. I can understand people wanting 16 vs 16 in games like Call of Duty but why in Gears?

I wasnt specifically on about Gears, i just find it weird that the 360 doesnt go over the 32 player barrier. Its perfectly suited for an online war epic with massive maps and teams so big they could be mistaken for a small army

Since Xbox Live doesn't use dedicated servers and only peer-to-peer, it would lag too much with loads of people.

It's all well and good having a high player count for online games, but the more players a game supports the quicker any sort of team play goes out of the window. Switch was citing 75 vs 75 player matches, where's the team work there, there's no way you can know what everybody is doing. Personally I feel the absolute limit for a good team game is 8 vs 8 and even that is a bit much.

Yeah, I just loved it every time it crashed on a loading screen, mission objectives disappeared and my car turned invisible and immobile.

My saints row has never crashed on a loading screen. Mission objectives where always visible and my car only became immobile when destroyed :P

Some graphics glitches here and there tough.