Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

Which i cant wait for if its true, but a star wars one. with lightsabers, and podracing would be absolutely awesome. Have differenct planets on the game, being able to fly there aswell. Buy a spaceship, and travel like in Oblivion. Space ports would be cool. Damn i wish this game would come about.

You tried KOTOR? Has a few of the things you said.

Would now be a good time to buy a 360?

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a mixture of Armada and Bridge Commander. So, half-RTS.

Looks better than Armada anyway, I'll probably give it a go then.

Is there a release date for it yet? It was intended to coincide with the 40th anniversary which was last month but I can't find a date for it anywhere or a site taking orders for it.

Guest Stefkov
You tried KOTOR? Has a few of the things you said.

Would now be a good time to buy a 360?

It seems i nthe FAq there is no mulitplayer, should iget the PC or xbox version.....It actually sounds and looks good. I'm sure ive seen it somewhere on the xbox, cant remember which store to go back to.

I'll probably get the xbox version, im not much of a pc game player nowadays.

It seems i nthe FAq there is no mulitplayer, should iget the PC or xbox version.....It actually sounds and looks good. I'm sure ive seen it somewhere on the xbox, cant remember which store to go back to.

I'll probably get the xbox version, im not much of a pc game player nowadays.

Yeah no multiplayer but its a pretty good single player. I've got the 2nd on PC which i'm going to sell soon.

The PGR3 bundle (£300) looks really good, comes with a extra wireless controller aswell and I can get GRAW for £25. Is that the best option?

Game's deals (all premium ones);

360 + PRG + 2 Wireless pads + either The Outfit or Tomb Raider = £300

360 + PRG + 2 Wireless pads + 1 game from list (later) = £320

360 + PRG + 2 Wireless pads + 2 games from list (later) = £340

360 + Any Two Games = £345

List;

Just Cause

Table Tennis

Saints Row

Lego Star Wars

99 Nights

Prey

Two other games I can't remember

As there will be Gears of War and Pro Evo packs similar to the PGR one come Christmas, I wouldn't be surprised if similar offers happened.

Does anyone else find Xbox360 games to be too dark? And I don't mean all the time (otherwise I'd check my TV...), just sometimes when it gets dark, I really can't in front of me. I've just played Burnout and in some dark bits its really annoying. Same with PGR3 and Oblivion. Anyone else find this?

Game's deals (all premium ones);

360 + PRG + 2 Wireless pads + either The Outfit or Tomb Raider = £300

360 + PRG + 2 Wireless pads + 1 game from list (later) = £320

360 + PRG + 2 Wireless pads + 2 games from list (later) = £340

360 + Any Two Games = £345

List;

Just Cause

Table Tennis

Saints Row

Lego Star Wars

99 Nights

Prey

Two other games I can't remember

As there will be Gears of War and Pro Evo packs similar to the PGR one come Christmas, I wouldn't be surprised if similar offers happened.

Would GRAW be in the list? Also do you mean two pads as in 1 pad in the box and 1 pad extra? or 1 pad in the box and 2 pads extra?

According to Epic VP Mark Rein, who has been speaking at the GDC London today.

Speaking to an audience of developers at GDC London today, the often outspoken Rein said: "Sony says the next generation starts when they say so. I say, that's bullshit. Gears of War is the first second-generation game for Xbox 360 and it looks very fine. You will never see launch titles that look this good."

Rein also shot down reports claiming that Gears of War will be a short lived single-player experience at only 10 hours. "Someone said that at TGS but they were wrong," said Rein. "If you're on the development team and you've played it 30 times then sure, you can get through it in ten hours but for first time players it's going to be at least 12 hours."

Although undoubtedly Microsoft's key title this holiday season, there's still a lot of secrecy surrounding Gears of War, and it looks likely to remain that way until the game is released.

"We've shown this game quite a few times but we are trying to counteract all the hype now because we want people to know there is a lot in there that hasn't been seen before. People will get this home and find a lot of surprises," Rein said.

Gears of War is scheduled for release in North America on November 12 and on November 17 across Europe.

Would GRAW be in the list? Also do you mean two pads as in 1 pad in the box and 1 pad extra? or 1 pad in the box and 2 pads extra?

Maybe, I have sucky memory. I think so. But yes, two pads in total. The one with the console, and an extra.

Please, OH GOD PLEASE, SHOW ME CONFIRMATION

Not without going to work, stealing my manager's notes of the conference and scanning them. Faith in me enough?

HMV, Premium 360 + PGR3 + TABLE TENNIS + WIRELESS CONTROLLER = £300!

bargain

Replace Table Tennis with Outfit or Tomb Raider and add an extra controller :p

But yeah, seems like Christmast promos are sneaking up on us.

According to Epic VP Mark Rein, who has been speaking at the GDC London today.

Speaking to an audience of developers at GDC London today, the often outspoken Rein said: "Sony says the next generation starts when they say so. I say, that's bullshit. Gears of War is the first second-generation game for Xbox 360 and it looks very fine. You will never see launch titles that look this good."

Rein also shot down reports claiming that Gears of War will be a short lived single-player experience at only 10 hours. "Someone said that at TGS but they were wrong," said Rein. "If you're on the development team and you've played it 30 times then sure, you can get through it in ten hours but for first time players it's going to be at least 12 hours."

Although undoubtedly Microsoft's key title this holiday season, there's still a lot of secrecy surrounding Gears of War, and it looks likely to remain that way until the game is released.

"We've shown this game quite a few times but we are trying to counteract all the hype now because we want people to know there is a lot in there that hasn't been seen before. People will get this home and find a lot of surprises," Rein said.

Gears of War is scheduled for release in North America on November 12 and on November 17 across Europe.

Wow 12 hours of gameplay instead of 10 hours whoopy do

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!