Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

No GRAW, I'm surprised, this weekend saw the most people active on my friends list since the launch week of Halo 2, and at least 3/4 of them were playing GRAW.

The list was compiled before or on its release date. I'm pretty sure it will hit AT LEAST number 2 for next weeks chart.

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The list was compiled before or on its release date. I'm pretty sure it will hit AT LEAST number 2 for next weeks chart.

Well Fight Night Round 3 is in the list and that was released the same day :hmm:

Gamespot have given The Outfit a 'fair' 6.7. Judging from what I played sounds about right.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/theoutfit/review.html?sid=6145879

I really want a new game. GRAW looks like i would learn to love it but im scared to give it a chance, and i love Burnout but i think i would get bored of it unless the Live features are amazing...

meh, i'll stick to perfect dark for another month

toby ur still to busy reading harry potter to be on your xbox!

Anyone know what Xbox games are/aren't compatible with the 360 since the list released in December, could do with it for work. From what I hear Black isn't and Toca 3 is but just wondering if a site somewhere has a list? Cheers.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

That's the official list that was last updated in December with the Tom Clancy games, I don't think any new compatibility updates have been released since then. According to the Toca 3 forums on Xbox.com, it doesn't work on the 360. Yet, anyway.

Also, regarding the Top 10 Xbox Live games, GRAW was only released last week in both the US and EU. Whilst FNR3 was released on the same day in the EU, it's been out in the US a good few weeks which probably explains the list. I'd expect GRAW to be at least #3 in the next list.

Not that it matters, I don't need a list to tell me GRAW is awesome.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

That's the official list that was last updated in December with the Tom Clancy games, I don't think any new compatibility updates have been released since then. According to the Toca 3 forums on Xbox.com, it doesn't work on the 360. Yet, anyway.

Cheers, maybe I just got it wrong.

Hmmm, not sure about Viva Pinata yet. The graphics are certainly lovely, but I don't know whether it'll be the kind of thing that'll keep me playing...

Looking forward to seeing more of it, though!

One thing... they're obviously going for a Pokemon style thing, but the Pinatas don't have that brilliant character design that each pokemon has. It's a bit like the elementals in Kameo - they're a bit uninspired. Hmmm, we'll see.

Guest Jordan

And Burnout Revenge 360 is a GAZILLION times harder than the original.

Takedowns are harder, it seems like the out car camera is glued to the road.... everything seems a million times faster.

Errkkk i suck bad at it now.

And Burnout Revenge 360 is a GAZILLION times harder than the original.

Takedowns are harder, it seems like the out car camera is glued to the road.... everything seems a million times faster.

Errkkk i suck bad at it now.

It's good ain't it? Really liking this game! and it is SUPER fast!

The graphics are really good as well, could of been even better? perhaps.

:D

Looks OK, nothing special, people have commented saying its average.

Just played my first couple of hours on it, its ok but I'm not overly impressed. I was a big fan of takedown and this is the first time I taken a look at revenge on any format. I dunno, maybe I get into it after a few more hours play

The thing I dont like about single player is the structure, You can complete the first 3 or 4 events then straight away unlock the next level so theres a lot of events in the first level which can just be bypassed and the third level doesn't look look that difficult to unlock either. So really you got a choice of 15 plus race events to choose from after the first half hour, which is too many and does not pull you into the game. There is no car classes either like 'Muscle', 'Coupe' etc so new cars are just added to your list one after the other which is kinda lame and you cant see what cars are available to unlock and what specific races you need to complete to do so.

Went online with it as well, not many peeps there obviously, played against some french guy who I cudnt understand. I think this is where Burnout Revenge offers the most potential playin with your mates, people that you know as I was gettin bored with playin with complete strangers in this particular game as compared to something like Ghost Recon multi where it doesn't matter who you know

Differences between this and Takedown is, in this you almost get unlimited boost so you can be boostin from start to finish in a race so theres no real tactics involved as to the timings of your boost as was in Takedown. Also you cant quite see whats coming as clearly in Revenge and when you turn corners there are just so many random obstacles you just end up crashing half the time unless you know the layout of a track well.

Anyways like I said that was just my first impressions after a couple of hours, but like I said I cud end up lovin this by the end of the day

It is a very fast game, faster than takedown when playing with the fastest cars, but that in my opinion thats what lets it down. When playing online there's hardly any drivin skills involved, its just an arcade blast. Even Need For Speed was a better pure racer than this and that even had the damn cops chasin you lol. Burnout Takedown in comparison had a way more better balance in terms of speed and driving skills than Revenge has

I just played another 2 hours since my last post on and offline and afraid to say i can see myself selling this within a week. I dont want to cos I was a major fan of Takedown but Im sitting here writing this and would rather go back to playing GRAW or Fight Night (even though I completed that), than play Revenge. Even my PSP Burnout Legends held my attention more than this has

I sold it within an hour!

^ Funny how everyone has majorly different views on stuff! :grin:

I'm really liking it! Never had the Xbox version though, i reckon there isn't a point buying it if you played the Xbox version to death, if you haven't, i would buy it!

I kinda remember Burnout 2, i did really enjoy it! but i'm liking this the same.

I LOVE the soundtrack as well! All American Rejects, Fall Out Boy, Yellowcard, MXPX, Acadamy IS to name a few! :bouncy:

I'm going to nitpick, even though the quoted guy isn't a member here.

You can complete the first 3 or 4 events then straight away unlock the next level so theres a lot of events in the first level which can just be bypassed and the third level doesn't look look that difficult to unlock either. So really you got a choice of 15 plus race events to choose from after the first half hour, which is too many and does not pull you into the game.
First of all, the difficulty gets a lot harder as you progress. Yes there are a few events you can skip, but as you get to the higher ranks you need to unlock more and more stars to progress, which means going back and completing events you missed. Personally I like to do every event that is available in the lowest class with a perfect before I move on.

There is no car classes either like 'Muscle', 'Coupe' etc so new cars are just added to your list one after the other which is kinda lame and you cant see what cars are available to unlock and what specific races you need to complete to do so.
I did prefer the classification system, but at the end of the day who cares. You can see what the top speed is on each of the cars, as well as their weight and their crashbreaker rank, that's all that is needed.

Went online with it as well, not many peeps there obviously, played against some french guy who I cudnt understand. I think this is where Burnout Revenge offers the most potential playin with your mates, people that you know as I was gettin bored with playin with complete strangers in this particular game as compared to something like Ghost Recon multi where it doesn't matter who you know.
I played a good few games with Jordan and 2 other random guys earlier and I thought it was great. This paragraph is just personal preference. In my opinion GRAW needs friends more than Burnout does.

Differences between this and Takedown is, in this you almost get unlimited boost so you can be boostin from start to finish in a race so theres no real tactics involved as to the timings of your boost as was in Takedown.
I don't ever remember there being boost tactics in Takedown, and actually I seem to remember boost being easier to get. Next.

Also you cant quite see whats coming as clearly in Revenge and when you turn corners there are just so many random obstacles you just end up crashing half the time unless you know the layout of a track well.
You can destroy same-way traffic now so obviously to balance it out the maps have been made a little more difficult. It's nowhere near as bad as this guy makes it out to be.

Obviously the game is not to everyone's tastes, no video game is. Give it a rental if you're worried about it, don't go basing your opinions off some random dude who played it for 2 hours. I give it 2 Meik-Thumbs-Up.

My copy of Burnout should arrive tomorrow. Its the first time I have played a Burnout game so im looking forward to it.

If you love racing mixed with total roadrage and carnage then you won't be dissapointed!

I played the PS2 version a while back and can't wait for the 360 version. Although I really can't afford it so I'll have to wait a while longer before I can actually get it. :(

Guest Jordan

I dunno quite why, but with the online saying "new rival" etc. It's so damn awesome. Also, i only need to take Mike down one more time for an achievement ;)

EDIT: Can anyone find an offical 360 VGA cable? I've searched 9 online stores and a few games stores around my town and found nothing.

I really don't want to resort to buying a 3rd party cable... any ideas?

Tomb Raider: Legends for Xbox360 has supposadely been brought forward to the 7th April as well!

I hope so! Can anyone confirm that is is correct?

I'm positive it was a EIDO'S bloke that confirmed it's gone into certification! He somehow has confirmed it with them:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=55351

Quite looking forward to this, i'm hoping it's more tomb-raiding (indiana jones style) then combat!

:grin:

Same day as Top Spin 2 as well! You wait ages for a 360 game then they come weekly for about 5 weeks!!!