N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

I cannot believe it.

My Xbox360 is broke!

It all started today!

I was playing Amped 3 and it froze. Then it was ok. I then noticed my controller needed charging so i started charging it up and left the xbox360 on for about one hour, one i came back to look how it was, the screen had all white sqaures on it and looked froze (on the dashbaord).

I just this minute started playing Need For Speed: MW and it froze again and did the same square effect on the screen!

I've read over the net that this is the start of major problems to come, so i'm not taking any chances.

I cannot believe it! No-ones 360's are safe at all. :angry:

Lolownedowen.jpg

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reccomend you stop playing games.

On the 360 that is, or all together whatever, but yeah better get on that Phone to Microsoft, or you could just buy a new one.....

Theres no-way i'm buying a new one.

I'm ringing microsoft first-thing tomorrow morning. I have unplugged everything now, took of my water faceplate and put on the original white one. :weep: (it looked so nice).

I never played it for more then 3 hours a day, i never moved it, my power brick was on a shelf in my unit which has loads of space around it and nothing either side of it (actually the whole shelf is dedicated to the brick).

So it makes no difference what you do with it, it seems most of them are going to go at some-point which i really can't believe....

Maybe it's shy, and got a bit upset regarding all the attention you gave it on this forum?

No quite the opposite actually, it liked all the attention! :)

I'm so trying to make myself happy but it ain't working.... Why did it happen today? All the bad things happen at once with me and i can't take it, i knew it was too good to be true when mine worked perfectly for 2 months. :weep:

I hope everyone elses remains o.k. :)

Ok!

Rang Microsoft and they were VERY useful.

Firstly they cannot repair it, it's a well-known fault which is unrepairable (so he says) so i will get a box from DHL in 3 days time. So does that mean once it starts freezing theres trouble ahead?

I send back 'just' the Xbox360 and Hard-drive and in 7 days i will recieve a 'BRAND NEW' Xbox360 console and hard-drive. He stated it won't be re-conditioned (like many are stating), it will be brand spanking new!

I don't think Hexic (or whatever it's called) will be on the hard-drive, and i'm a little worried that it won't be the premium shiny disc tray to go with my box, if it isn't the correct Xbox 360 i will just have to send that back as well.

He was very helpful actually, got through to them twice in less then 5 minutes.

He also gave me a order number to keep on track of it.

Now i will have to wait in for a box. Fingers crossed everything goes ok. :)

Ok!

Rang Microsoft and they were VERY useful.

Firstly they cannot repair it, it's a well-known fault which is unrepairable (so he says) so i will get a box from DHL in 3 days time. So does that mean once it starts freezing theres trouble ahead?

I send back 'just' the Xbox360 and Hard-drive and in 7 days i will recieve a 'BRAND NEW' Xbox360 console and hard-drive. He stated it won't be re-conditioned (like many are stating), it will be brand spanking new!

I don't think Hexic (or whatever it's called) will be on the hard-drive, and i'm a little worried that it won't be the premium shiny disc tray to go with my box, if it isn't the correct Xbox 360 i will just have to send that back as well.

He was very helpful actually, got through to them twice in less then 5 minutes.

He also gave me a order number to keep on track of it.

Now i will have to wait in for a box. Fingers crossed everything goes ok. :)

I don't think the odd game freeze means anything to be honest, my Xbox and GC both did it from time to time and they're both going strong.

You going to lose all your game saves then too?

Or are they going to transfer them for you?

I don't think the odd game freeze means anything to be honest, my Xbox and GC both did it from time to time and they're both going strong.

You going to lose all your game saves then too?

Or are they going to transfer them for you?

Well it happened today as well, so thats 5 times in so many hours, so there is a problem, the console was only on for 5 minutes as well, it wasn't hot and it's well ventilated and it's in different games:

Amped 3

Ridge Racer

Need For Speed

and on the xbox dashboard (when i just left it on that screen).

He stated that there could be a glitch in the hard-drive or 360, so it's best just to send back both.

Yes i will horribly lose all my save game data. That is what has upset me the most. He did state that if you bought a memory stick you could transer the data onto that then onto your new hard-drive although theres the added problem of the glitch going onto the new hard-drive!

Lets just hope nothing is wrong with my new 360! :sad: