NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I concur that Live balls up when trying to play games. Not just since christmas

£3 a month such a rip-off

Yes since Microsoft don't use dedicated servers and it is a lot cheaper in America.

The federal minimum wage for covered nonexempt employees is $5.85 per hour effective July 24, 2007.

And the minimum wage here is £5.52 an hour, i think so to be honest its all relitive, they pay 40$ we pay 40£ so its all relative. And not cheaper there at all.

The cost to Microsoft is the same here and in America. It doesn't give them the right to charge more.

I love in London. The cost of living here is higher than most the country so should I be charged less for live than the rest of the country?

How is £3 a month a ripoff?

You're getting near continuous gaming service.

The cost to Microsoft is the same here and in America. It doesn't give them the right to charge more.

Yes it does, they're a company, in the business of making money. They can price things however they want.

Yes it does, they're a company, in the business of making money. They can price things however they want.

I know. That doesn't make it right though.

I love in London. The cost of living here is higher than most the country so should I be charged less for live than the rest of the country?

Wages in london are also generally higher. Live is cheaper in the usa, but its relative, they cant charge 80$ because that would eb the same as charging 80 quid. USA = cheaper than here due to GBP being so much stronger than the dollar it will always be like that, deal with it.

I'm thinking about scrapping my order to repair my xbox, and just take it back to Makro and get it replaced there.

1. Will they do it for me?

2. Will i have to give everything that's in the box?

3. If i do this, and have to recover my Live account, will it recover my game saves?

3. If i do this, and have to recover my Live account, will it recover my game saves?

As far as I am aware your saved games are on the hard drive and I would think you would have to return that to the shop.

I'm thinking about scrapping my order to repair my xbox, and just take it back to Makro and get it replaced there.

1. Will they do it for me?

2. Will i have to give everything that's in the box?

I doubt they will replace it, ring them.

And your saves are on your Hard Drive noob.

£1.54 + Compensation for the inconvineance.

Woohoo! The American blame culture is spreading! :yay:

You are not entitled to compensation as Live breaking doesn't break the law. Technical faults happen, just live with it and accept whatever good will gesture is thrown you're way

EDIT: Hmm, Live is still broke for me :( Other people having trouble or could it be my 360?

Woohoo! The American blame culture is spreading! :yay:

You are not entitled to compensation as Live breaking doesn't break the law. Technical faults happen, just live with it and accept whatever good will gesture is thrown you're way

EDIT: Hmm, Live is still broke for me :( Other people having trouble or could it be my 360?

So if you isp craps out for two weeks you dont complain? or if your sky only works for some channels and randomly dosent work at all, you are still happy to pay for those two weeks?

Is Live down at the moment? I couldn't get past the DNS part of the connection check earlier on...

Is Live down at the moment? I couldn't get past the DNS part of the connection check earlier on...

Its dead.. we are paying for a service that isnt existing

I agree with thirtynine, even if its just a pound.. your paying for something your not getting... and surely no one can just say "i dont care"

i've been logging in and out, every so often it just crashed and takes my 360 with it

very annoying

Same old problems for me - no dashboard, cant contact friends or play on live. I'm stuck playing a beautifully epic game, with the most monotonous gameplay ever! AC.

CES: Microsoft Teams With Telecoms Giant BT

Microsoft has announced that it is joining forces with leading telecommunications firm British Telecom to allow UK Xbox 360 owners access to BT Vision, which offers a range of on-demand media content over the internet.

The partnership will enable UK BT broadband customers to use an Xbox 360 console to access the BT Vision service and its library of on-demand digital content, which includes movies, TV shows, sporting events such as “near-live” FA Premier League football matches and music videos.

Xbox Live, which Microsoft earlier announced has passed the 10 million subscriber mark, will be integrated into the service to allow users to use existing community features such as voice chat and text messaging, as well as access to Xbox Live Marketplace, while viewing BT Vision content.

“For the first time consumers in the UK will be able to experience the advantages of an advanced TV service together with the benefits of next-generation gaming,” said Dan Marks, CEO of BT Vision, who labeled the upcoming service a flexible, “compelling connected entertainment experience”.

Enrique Rodriguez, corporate vice president of the Connected Television Division at Microsoft, added, “This is an exciting moment in home entertainment… Together we are enabling BT Vision customers to be the first in the world to enjoy this next-generation TV and gaming entertainment experience.”

BT Vision is powered by the Microsoft Mediaroom Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) platform.

Just phoned Xbox 360 support, told them a whole bunch of bull about getting the 3 red lights! If they don't get the red lights when they come to fix it then will I get charged? I did tell them it wasn't all the time!

Also she said not to include anything with the console when I send it back, does that include the Power/AV cables as well, forgot to ask her!

Yeah, just send the console. Keep the hard drive, cables, etc. Tell me how it works out for you, because I want to do the same thing XD