NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

My 360 is on it's way out :D Keeps crashing and won't load the dashboard or any games when signed in to Live!

About time too, the warranty runs out at the end of February

The crashes and the dashboard not loading isn't due to your console.

The crashes are because you keep getting kicked off live, live not responding (like on Halo 3, i tried to call up some information and it just sat there till it timed out) and the dashboard thing is also due to live not responding.

Trust me, your console is fine.

*Jordan posting*

It will happen again soon. Mark my words. Tommorow most likely

Wonderful. I'm still hooked on Cod4 online and i ent even started playing on Mass Effect yet!!!!

My 360 is on it's way out :D Keeps crashing and won't load the dashboard or any games when signed in to Live!

About time too, the warranty runs out at the end of February

Like Jordon said, for some reason live is really fucked at the mo which is hampering my play time on live for Cod4!!! Seems worse in the evenings.

The crashes and the dashboard not loading isn't due to your console.

The crashes are because you keep getting kicked off live, live not responding (like on Halo 3, i tried to call up some information and it just sat there till it timed out) and the dashboard thing is also due to live not responding.

Trust me, your console is fine.

*Jordan posting*

Bugger :( I want HDMI!

Lol H-o-T, I'm the same. I want mine to die so I can take it back to GameStation and get myself a Falcon chipset.

My console is being really dodgy with my Mass Effect disc, theres so scratches or anythnig on it but I'm getting a few disc read errors (or at least, a few more than usual T_T) and it spins pretty loudly alot more too. Maybe just because theres more data to read in a game like Mass Effect.

just say it's gives you the RROD intermittently. They will change it even though it's fine. I've used that excuse on taking back stuff that is fine to shops loads.

By the way, I know that when you change your base unit you can only play XBLA games which you bought on the previous console when your connected online with the gamertag that bought it, but does that mean

1) I can't play Aegis Wing on my British account?

2) I can't play local multiplayer on my new console?

Longs if you are connected to Live you can do anything.

*Turns on Live*

*Jumps out of window to fly*

*Falls to bloody death*

mmmkay.

I might do what you said with Gamestation soon then.

They will send you to MS, just ring them and say you get the RROD every so often and your console freezes.

apparently my 360 is on its way back to me....but the person on phone said it will be 7-10 days :/.

What i dont get thou is that it took ups 3 days to get my 360 to the destination (14th to the 17th) SOOOOO hopefully very soon will be able to play my xmas games and finally play guitar hero again

Any way to burn the fall update to a DVD and install from there? I don't have Live since I need the wireless bridge which is too expensive..

Not sure...

You can do this with the back compat updates.

Rumours of a new 360 SKU:

Big in 2008 - Xbox 360 Ultimate?

According to Stuff Magazine, a rumored Xbox 360 Ultimate SKU is set to hit in Autumn 2008. This 'PS3 killer' will benefit from three years of Xbox development, featuring 1080p HDMI output, built in WiFi, hi-def audio output, cooler architecture and a near silent fan. It'll also have a built in HD-DVD drive and take advantage of IPTV services with a 320GB hard disk.

This PS3-killer will benefit from almost three years of Xbox development, featuring 1080p HDMI output, built-in Wi-Fi, hi-def audio output, cooler 65nm hardware architecture and a near-silent fan.

It’ll also have the ability to make the most of the by-then established Xbox IPTV service, which will mean recording TV shows to its vast 320GB hard disk and watching live TV shows via your broadband provider.

But the piece de resistance? It’ll have a built-in HD DVD drive. Let Round 12 with the PS3 commence...

From here.

Sounds interesting, depending on the price I'd consider buying it. I'd hate to have bought an Elite if this was true.

I'll believe it when i see it.

If MS releases this thing it'll be the 5th SKU (including the Halo 3 360).

A 320gb Hard Drive? Oh come on. Theres no way that that is necessary.

is would be a built in HDD if that was the case, the biggest 2.5" HDD you can get is 250GB.

is would be a built in HDD if that was the case, the biggest 2.5" HDD you can get is 250GB.

Not true.

Theres a 500GB one coming out fairly soon.

not if you were downloading tv shows and by then i expect the movie download service thing to be pretty established. so every MB will count i imagine

Edit: Got a question too, was going to watch some episodes of heroes i have umm aquired on my tv using the windows media centre thing that the 360 and my vista have going on with each other. they are in .avi and my 360 wouldnt play them. i thought the fall update had sorted all this...? or was i doing something wrong :(

_44316969_halo416.jpg

Weird picture of Halo 3 on Construct from the BBC website. Can you actually get to this place on the map??

can anyone help me with this problem. just got the official 360 wireless adaptor and it works fine. I can't connect 360 with PC though. I have XP service Pack 2 and I thought my 360 would show up automatically. When I go into windows media player I click on share but no devices show up.

what am i doing wrong?