NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Will do that then, bloody Microsoft!

So is there a chance that I'll get a new console with HDMI or will the just replace the drive?!

I still haven't sent mine off, it broke just over 2 weeks ago :/

Wanker.____

Think of it this way... you pay for live... you pay for your internet

would you want compensation if your internet connection was messed up for a week or two? thats a yes

Not really. What you pay for is a service, which includes a promise that when things go wrong (as they invariably will do occasionally) that all possible efforts are made to resolve the problem. In this case, I feel that Xbox have upheld that agreement and I don't see the need for compensation./Devil's Advocate

I'm having a shitty time connecting to games on CoD4 right now. Just me?

Live is too expensive. Halve the price and I'll be happy.

£3 a month such a rip-off

Live fails far too often though.

These last 2 weeks are the first time the service has had intermittent issues since its launch 5 years ago.

Latest word is that the Live servers are getting fucked again because of a DDoS attack.

Personally i'll call BS on that since the Live servers are very much seperate from the 'main' internet. Unless someones a clever bastard.

Live fails far too often though.

Haha what?

These last few weeks have been the first time I've had any trouble with connecting to Live! servers since 2003 when I first got it.

Live is too expensive. Halve the price and I'll be happy.

I spend more on my breakfast a day then I pay for live per month :/

It's 11p a day FFS.

You guys who want compensation,for two weeks loss of service it's £1.54. Fuck off if you think that's worth anything :/

I'm having a shitty time connecting to games on CoD4 right now. Just me?

No me also. Cant connect to any games on COD4 or FIFA 08.

Xbox Live holiday outages prompts class action lawsuit

Microsoft's Xbox Live network suffered some outages over the holidays, and the company yesterday offered subscribers a free arcade download as an apology. But that wasn't enough for three Texans, who this afternoon filed a class action lawsuit against the company, alleging breach of contract.

The complaint describes the December outages -- chronicled on blogs and elsewhere -- that kept people from "accessing online play for several weeks. ... Xbox Live continues to deny subscribers access and has even issued apologies for their failure to correct server problems."

Interruptions in play kicked "many Plaintiffs offline" and "displayed messages such as 'Server Error.' " Others could not get online or use match making and account recovery features "despite paying for these services in their yearly subscription dues. Many Plaintiffs purchased new subscriptions specifically to play online during the holidays."

The complaint alleges that Microsoft new increased holiday Xbox sales would lead to a bump in Xbox Live subscriptions and game-play on its servers, but the company "failed to provide adequate access and service to XBOX Live and its subscribers."

The outages in December, the plaintiffs allege, constitute a breach of the Xbox Live subscription contract.

blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com

You guys who want compensation,for two weeks loss of service it's £1.54. Fuck off if you think that's worth anything :/

Damn right its worth some compensation. You pay for the service, and if it doesnt work then compensation needs to be given. If it was a few hours then I would agree, but its not. I hardly get any free time to myself nowadays, and when I do get free time I want to play online, and at the moment it is very tricky and time consuming to do so.

I feel sorry for the guys working there. About a week ago they said no-ones going home till its fixed....:heh:

Gimme your address and i'll send you £1.54.

(I should point out i'm joking, but thats the monetary value of what 2 weeks of service is worth)

Sometimes shit just happens that can't be forseen or avoided, it's not their fault, they are working hard at it.

Gimme your address and i'll send you £1.54.

(I should point out i'm joking, but thats the monetary value of what 2 weeks of service is worth)

£1.54 + Compensation for the inconvineance.

Xbox Live holiday outages prompts class action lawsuit

Microsoft's Xbox Live network suffered some outages over the holidays, and the company yesterday offered subscribers a free arcade download as an apology. But that wasn't enough for three Texans, who this afternoon filed a class action lawsuit against the company, alleging breach of contract.

The complaint describes the December outages -- chronicled on blogs and elsewhere -- that kept people from "accessing online play for several weeks. ... Xbox Live continues to deny subscribers access and has even issued apologies for their failure to correct server problems."

Interruptions in play kicked "many Plaintiffs offline" and "displayed messages such as 'Server Error.' " Others could not get online or use match making and account recovery features "despite paying for these services in their yearly subscription dues. Many Plaintiffs purchased new subscriptions specifically to play online during the holidays."

The complaint alleges that Microsoft new increased holiday Xbox sales would lead to a bump in Xbox Live subscriptions and game-play on its servers, but the company "failed to provide adequate access and service to XBOX Live and its subscribers."

The outages in December, the plaintiffs allege, constitute a breach of the Xbox Live subscription contract.

blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com

That's just pathetic.

I'm not that bothered whether I got compensated or not, I've not really noticed live being down. Surely a 2 week extension to everyones account would suffice. Theres better things to waste money on than going to court because you couldn't play your games online for two weeks.

Damn right its worth some compensation. You pay for the service, and if it doesnt work then compensation needs to be given. If it was a few hours then I would agree, but its not. I hardly get any free time to myself nowadays, and when I do get free time I want to play online, and at the moment it is very tricky and time consuming to do so.

I feel sorry for the guys working there. About a week ago they said no-ones going home till its fixed....:heh:

I have to agree, if a service you pay for does not work or is not up to standard then compensation or anything to give to customers as an apology is good. If you payed for a connection to the Internet, and the connection didn't work then you would expect something good to come from it.

To be honest this is more a PR thing. The fact that more users signed up to XBox Live this time than in its history, more people online at once, etc, etc. And then the damn thing fails; hard, for weeks.

It's a sign of good will and I for one will take it!

Sometimes shit just happens that can't be forseen or avoided, it's not their fault, they are working hard at it.

Christmas + the biggest year in terms of games for the 360 and the bigest year in a while, = alot of sales, they could have predicted it.

These last 2 weeks are the first time the service has had intermittent issues since its launch 5 years ago.

Latest word is that the Live servers are getting fucked again because of a DDoS attack.

Personally i'll call BS on that since the Live servers are very much seperate from the 'main' internet. Unless someones a clever bastard.

Er that's not true. We had alot of problems last year. Ask Stefkov and nintenchris. This amount of times we were playing games and Live messed up was pretty high...

And have you guys been able to get back to the dashboard and marketplace when this has happened?

And have you guys been able to get back to the dashboard and marketplace when this has happened?

Last week, dash board wouldnt load at all, and if it did it took like 10 minuites.

Yes, but that wasn't about last week, this is about previous experiences.