NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

It will be in the Bungie.net update today and the Bungie podcast will go into more detail about it.

It's translated from Dutch but the Microsoft meeting was in Belgium.

untitled1hu2.jpg

According to a recent Bungie announcement in Amsterdam, Halo 3 will indeed have 4-player co-op. One player will take the role of Master Chief, another will be The Arbiter and the last two (the suckers) will be Elites. Whether or not Bungie will be renaming "Elite" to "kid not picked in gym class" is still unknown.

I'm suddenly looking forward to Halo 3 a lot more...though finding three people to play through the title may be a bit tough. Now to commence my work on self-cloning. I knew there was a purpose to my bountiful blessing of body hair.

From Kotaku, it mentions nothing of online.

Kotaku suck on details. And also why would they just say that there is 4 player co-op when you said it was announced a while back?

Speaking at a Microsoft press conference in Amsterdam earlier today, Bungie has confirmed, once and for all, that Halo 3 will feature two to four player online co-operative play over Xbox Live. This news comes after months of rumors and slip-ups, but is extremely appreciated nonetheless.

Joystiq > Kotaku

IGN Have it Confirmed Aswell

I guess Kotaku just assumed you were to read between the lines, its pretty obvious its online.

It was confirmed by one of the Bungie staff on their forums. And heres the picture of all 4 players.

4pFTWBIG-1.jpg

Yeah I think it's awesome. Major Nelson just confirmed it so there is no doubt now.

Excellent...

I would have preferred another human (maybe the Sarge), but elites are cool. :D

This news has little or no effect on me.

Except i will have to buy halo 3 because everyone will be playing it.

There'll be fights over who has to be the Arbiter though. :hmm:

He sucked for 2 reasons:

1, His seperate story

2, His boring missions.

Playing with the chief and 2 other Elites will not make this matter at all.

However! Dibs on player one. Unless the Elites' get plasma grenades rather than frag ones...

Ohh if there were peeps from here getting Halo3 to do 4 player co op with then I might actually buy this game, otherwise I wont.

Just wondering do enough people from here still play Bomberman LIVE to merit a buy? Becuase I might have the finds to get it this evening but you guys dont seem to play it much anymore??

legendary will be even easier now.

Im booking a place with you and Rob for co-op campaign. I dont care who I am either, its all good.

360 chip manufacturer hints at improved design

Matt Martin 11:41 (BST) 01/08/2007

45nm chips could reduce costs and heating

One of the contractors responsible for manufacturing CPU's for the Xbox 360 has revealed that it is currently working on a 45-nanometer design, due for release late next year or early in 2009.

A smaller CPU for the Xbox 360 would help reduce manufacturing costs for Microsoft, as well as produce less heat in the console itself.

"We have customers' activity for products in the CPU space that goes into a video game device," said Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing's CEO Chia Song Hwee, reports PC Advisor.

Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing has previously produced 90nm and 65nm versions of the Xbox 360 processor.

"As 65nm just started production in the last two quarters, you would expect 45nm to come on stream about 18 months from that timeframe," offered Chia, refering to an expected production timeframe.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=27232

suspect the 65nm chipset keep current design , 45nm maybe different ?

Caris, you know you keep changing your Live name. Are you paying 800 points each time you do this?

I did but twice but one of them i got it for free. ;)

I won't be changing anymore though, i couldn't find one i really liked till this one.

Heres something that suprises me, in the latest Edge Tenchu Z got a score of 6 and Blue Dragon got exactly the same score. Im quite shocked by this as Tenchu looked very meh while BD looks the business. The closer the release of Blue Dragon the less excited im getting, I may pick up Bioshock yet.

Heres something that suprises me, in the latest Edge Tenchu Z got a score of 6 and Blue Dragon got exactly the same score. Im quite shocked by this as Tenchu looked very meh while BD looks the business. The closer the release of Blue Dragon the less excited im getting, I may pick up Bioshock yet.

Yeah, tbh don't think im gonna pick up Blue Dragon. Theres so many games coming out already it will ease my wallet too.

Is Eternal Sonata due out this year?

Yeah, tbh don't think im gonna pick up Blue Dragon. Theres so many games coming out already it will ease my wallet too.

Is Eternal Sonata due out this year?

I know it is in yankee land, not sure about over here.

Eurogamer has TBD for Eternal Sonata, but IGN has it down as September for us.

But a September for themselves aswell. I hope it does come this year.