NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

It's funny you say this, because i was voted out of a Red Dead room along with my mate because we were shooting a group of people on Tuesday night. They liked it being a 5 on 1, before i showed up making it 5 on 2. Then they hated it and voted us out.

I know rep means nothing, i just find it funny that all my negative rep is for unsportsman like behaviour.

People seem to bad rep me when they've been shooting me repeatedly and when I get them back find it difficult to take.

:p

The only time i leave positive feedback is for ppl in my friends list.

And the only time i leave negative is for when someone really pisses me off, such as shouting abuse at me online for no-reason (such as taking the boomer first in GoW2 :rolleyes: ) Although sometimes i cant even be arsed doing that!!

Been playing through a few FPS games the past week (thanks for Lovefilm).

Singularity

If you had too compare this to just one game then it would be Bioshock. What is really is if that Singularity used the Unreal 3 engine, while Bioshock was on the 2.5 engine - yet Singularity feels much older than Bioshock and is a massive step backwards to Bioshock 2. The gameplay itself is a poor man's Bioshock - the plasmids, Adam, Eve, same health system, audio diaries and much more are back, but in a much less interesting form. It even has the slightly annoying thing where you have to manually pick up everything, including ammo and Adam...I mean E-99.

The main gimmick is the TMD. This is used on your left hand (like plasmids). A Time Manipulation Device sounds awesome, right? Unfortunately this isn't the case. The main Youthen/Age system looks awesome for the first few times, but it isn't really used well. There's a couple of puzzles but these all consist of Ageing a crate, putting it under a door then Youthening it so it pushes the door up. Quite why you simply can't age the door is beyond me. There's also a mistake in the system - there's an icon on the HUD which glows blue if the object you're pointing at will be youthened, and red if it can be aged. When you point over an enemy soldier then it shows as blue. So what would you expect when you youthen an enemy soldier? An awesome animation where they turn into an embryo and then nothing? Well...when you "youthen" a soldier he turns into a corpse then dust. Most other enemies the TMD will just make them move in slow-motion. You collect E-99 to upgrade TMD abilities.

The weapons aren't particularity interesting, and once you get the "autogun" (aka minigun) you don't really need anything else. It's quite amusing that games like this even has a pistol, as it's utterly useless and you'll never, ever carry it (other than 5 minutes at the start) as you can only select two weapons.

The story is a mess, too. The obvious solution will come to you within a few seconds after changing the timeline. The characters in the game never realise this solution until the very end of the game - then they dismiss it for an utterly stupid solution. Oddly, if the obvious solution was the main objective then the game wouldn't really be much different, yet it would make much more sense. There are a lot of audio diaries to listen to, but they aren't interesting and you can't listen to them while on the move like in Bioshock.

As the voice acting is mainly bad Russian accents, the voices can be hard to listen to, especially when they're talking to you in the middle of a fight. I would recommend putting subtitles on, but Raven software didn't bother to put any in the game, which these days is pretty criminal.

So, it's a poor Bioshock clone that only has one redeeming feature: a section where you youthen a destroyed boat, and have to get something from the cargo hold while it's rapidly ageing around you.

FEAR 2

I wasn't a fan of the first, but this one is awesome. Very entertaining combat, a great plot and it looks great, too. Hopefully the third one is just as good.

Call of Duty: World at War

I've completed the two Modern Warfare games on Veteran. While some levels were immensely tough and took ages to complete, it was rather rare where it felt like I had died unfairly. I'm on the firth or sixth level of World at War on normal and I've already turned my Xbox off in frustration twice. Not one of my 100-odd deaths have felt like I could have done something better. I even die seemingly randomly in the set-pieces that in the MW games are awesome, but you generally only die if you're being stupid. IMO, the campaign on this is completely unplayable, and due to the unfair AI it's much, much harder on normal than the MW games are on veteran. You can easily tell that this isn't a Infinity Ward game.

I've completed the two Modern Warfare games on Veteran. While some levels were immensely tough and took ages to complete, it was rather rare where it felt like I had died unfairly. I'm on the firth or sixth level of World at War on normal and I've already turned my Xbox off in frustration twice. Not one of my 100-odd deaths have felt like I could have done something better. I even die seemingly randomly in the set-pieces that in the MW games are awesome, but you generally only die if you're being stupid. IMO, the campaign on this is completely unplayable, and due to the unfair AI it's much, much harder on normal than the MW games are on veteran. You can easily tell that this isn't a Infinity Ward game.

Yeah the campaign on veteran is a bit of a nightmare. What makes it hard is that the enemy seem to have an infinite supply of grenades to throw at you. Unlike the other CoD games where you can crouch and take it easy, on here you are forced to keep moving or die.

I still enjoyed the online in WaW better than any other CoD, it just seemed more balanced and people weren't calling in supply drops/air strikes/choppers all the time. Also the Nazi Zombie is fantastic and I hope Treyarch keep it for Black Ops.

Same as HoT for me as well. Ive completed both MW on veteran also but only got about half way through WaW before giving up in complete frustration. I was gutted as well as i thought getting the Mile High Club achievement on MW1 was one of the hardest ive obtained at the time!

Same as HoT for me as well. Ive completed both MW on veteran also but only got about half way through WaW before giving up in complete frustration. I was gutted as well as i thought getting the Mile High Club achievement on MW1 was one of the hardest ive obtained at the time!

I probably would have given up aswell if it wasn't for my nephew. He managed to do the thing on veteran difficulty and I wasn't having him rub it in my face all the time. :mad:

I borrowed "Stranglehold" off my mate (i say borrowed, more like lent of his own accord). It's ok, but i discovered yesterday a serious off-putting moment. The game gives me a similar headache as Sonic Adventure did when i played it years ago, which made me dizzy and queszy. So i probably won't be playing it again.

I just did the "stage" part of Alan Wake.

Omgwtfbbqawesome.

The Midnight Riders are awesome in that bit.

Asda had Bioshock 2 for £17... but I didn't buy it!! Instead I couldn't resist a peek into gamestation today... nearly bought mass effect, the club, gears 2 and splinter cell: double agent for £20 but decided instead to just get left 4 dead 2 for £20, figuring I'm not going to play all those games at once and I still have a few I've not touched that I bought or borrowed.

A mate told me a little 'bout L4D2 so I thought it would be a safer bet... Main problem is that, starting tomorrow, I'm not likely to have my xbox connected to live for at least 10 days, and even after that I'll probably have to look fora wireless adapter. SAD FACE :(

Mr. Jay! GAME are selling Bioshock 2 for £9.99 at the moment. I got it for a glorious £7.50 thanks to staff discount. Though I've yet to even take it out of its' cellophane wrapping..no time for games :(

Edit: Also, GAME are doingt a deal where you can get a preowned Network Adapter for either 9.99 or 19.99 (can't remember - soz brah) when bought with anything else in store. Combine that with BioShock 2 and you got yourself two bargains there.

Edited by Dyson

Bioshock 2 dropped to £7.99 last week on Gameplay. You can get it most places online now for £9.99.

Adapter is £19.95 instore at Currys Digital without another game if you don't want Bioshock 2.

Oh and...

How did I miss this??

Plants vs. Zombies coming to XBLA (finally) September 8th, complete with multiplayer, co-op, upgradable house and more

http://kotaku.com/5606417/plants-vs-zombies-looks-great-on-xbox-live-arcades-lawn

Edited by Shorty

So apparently when I deleted my Mass Effect 2 install I also deleted my save.

Who the Hell came up with this fucking UI? It's a mess. It'd be easier to navigate round fucking machine code.

So apparently when I deleted my Mass Effect 2 install I also deleted my save.

Who the Hell came up with this fucking UI? It's a mess. It'd be easier to navigate round fucking machine code.

I've never had a problem with it myself. I install all my games and then delete the install after im finished. Not once have I deleted my game save by mistake as it clearly tells you which is which.

EDIT: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 getting a sweet special edition. Pics of it in the link.

OTT animated action fans, listen up. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 will be getting a Collector's Edition when it releases this autumn.

Packaged with an individually numbered original 'Laser Cell' artwork featuring 'Hokage-Naruto' drawn by Naruto creator Masashi Kishimoto, to mark the series' first appearance in Shonen Jump, the edition also comes with a soundtrack CD and access card to unlock the game's final character, Minato.

This all comes in a special edition box and will launch at the same time as the standard edition of the game on October 15th, 2010.

Tekken 6's Lars will also appear in the game as a playable character in his Kishihimoto-designed garb.

There will be a Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 demo hitting Xbox Live on August 25th too.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-5993-Naruto-Shippuden--Ultimate-Ninja-Storm-2-Dated.html

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I've never had a problem with it myself. I install all my games and then delete the install after im finished. Not once have I deleted my game save by mistake as it clearly tells you which is which.

Yeah, never had this problem before but there you go. It happened. Why they stick with this nonsensical blade labelling is beyond me; "Spotlight", "My Xbox", "Game/Video/Music Marketplace", "Inside Xbox", "My Community". Spend about 2 minutes looking for new game videos - apparently they aren't on the video marketplace.

Anyway, enought of that design atrocity, can someone tell me what happens in Mass Effect 2, after you fix the conduit thing?

Someone remind me to never pay month by month with microsoft again.

Last time I was able to cancel it, it took a bit of finding, but on the website you could cancel it, this time round I've had to email microsoft and get them to call me sometime today so I can get rid of the damn thing. Whether they actually call is another thing, for now I'll keep pestering til they do.

EDIT: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 getting a sweet special edition. Pics of it in the link.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-5993-Naruto-Shippuden--Ultimate-Ninja-Storm-2-Dated.html

...that looks pretty damn sweet. I think I'll pre-order that when possible and then cancel it if the demo sucks :heh:

Last time I was able to cancel it, it took a bit of finding, but on the website you could cancel it, this time round I've had to email microsoft and get them to call me sometime today so I can get rid of the damn thing. Whether they actually call is another thing, for now I'll keep pestering til they do.

you should be able to turn automatic renewal off on the website

just go to xbox.com, then to my account and then you should be able to see a bit that says automatic renewal is on, click on it then it should be straightforward from there (unless they've changed it again)

you should be able to turn automatic renewal off on the website

just go to xbox.com, then to my account and then you should be able to see a bit that says automatic renewal is on, click on it then it should be straightforward from there (unless they've changed it again)

They've removed the option since then.

Update:

What a surprise they didn't, thoroughly annoyed and spamming the email I was contacted with, given I've been charged for another month I can't afford, eurgh.

I can't even ring customer support as I can't for the life of me remember my security question and after several attempts can't find it anywhere..

Fucking microsoft.

EDIT:

Cube is completely right, last time I did month-by-month they had that option, which is why I didn't mind going back to month-by-month thinking it'd be easy to cancel, I go to cancel as I'm not paying for something I'm not using and bam they've deleted it, I can't ring because I don't know the freaking details and only today was I able to find an english number to ring and two I emailed them, they said they'd call me yesterday and bam no of course they didn't.

Apparently even ringing them is a bad idea anyway and they can be cunts. Sigh.

I lost about £18-£24 cause of that stupid month by month thing when I first got my 360. Stupidly annoying to cancel.

I lost about £18-£24 cause of that stupid month by month thing when I first got my 360. Stupidly annoying to cancel.

I'm completely pissed off, but I should have known microsoft would be a ball ache, luckily it's only £5 so I can just completely spam them til they reply to me for the next month.

Does anybody know how to find the security question?

Can you ask your bank/card company to block the payment?

I'm thinking if they don't reply within the week to do that, I even considered changing the bank details on my xbox, but I'm not sure if either could have consequences and comprise my account.