NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I thought that when you visit the drm page the queue is generated automatically? it was for me... I think! I'm not sure, I actually haven't really been on it since I bought it :3

I thought that when you visit the drm page the queue is generated automatically? it was for me... I think! I'm not sure, I actually haven't really been on it since I bought it :3

It is but only thirty items at a time can be added to the queue and even then you still have to select which items are to be added and wait for them to download on the console before you can add any more, hence why I just decided to do it all on the console through the download history as although it takes a while I still think it would have taken longer to attempt to sort it all out via the website.

If anyone is thinking of buying Naughty Bear: I'd give it a big miss.

I'm positive that the game started off as an XBLA game, and was moved onto a disk very late in development. Both the graphics and amount of content would be sub-par for a downloadable title these days.

The game is fun for the first episode. Once you've killed a bear with a weapon, done an environmental kill and driven a bear insane then you've seen the entire game. Doing the same thing so many times just isn't fun. There are seven levels. In each you go through three areas (different episodes can have the same areas) killing bears. The entire game takes place on an island which consists of 5 very small areas, which are re-dressed slightly for different islands.

There's absolutely no challenge in killing the bears, and the animations are terrible. The kill animations just clip through the bears with pretty much no visible damage - I was expecting all the woollen interior to come seeping out, as well as decapitations. There's one kill animation (the golf club) where Naughty pins the other bear's head down and takes a swing at his head. I thought "awesome, his head is going to fly out of the map". Instead the golf club hit's the bears head and...that's it. The head stays on, the bear doesn't look in particularity bad condition and yet the animation is over.

With less bugs, better controls, a bit more varied gameplay and much better kill animations this could have been a short-but-sweet XBLA game. With it's many problems it's certainly not worth a rental, let alone it's £30 price tag.

Oh, and I'm actually being completely literal and honest about there being less content than an XBLA game - and one from before they increased the size limit.

My mate bought that title, he got bored of it quickly. In the same ways you yourself got bored of it yourself. It is true, once you've done the "Insane a Bear, Environment Kill and a Weapon it is all done to be fair.

eeeeee new trails HD expansion coming later this year called "Thrills" with 40 extra levels. ALSO theres a compo asking people to make there own levels and 10 will be selected for the expansion as well.

I put some pre-orders down for Fable III and AC Brotherhood. Fable first, and the stuff you get with it is great.

You can't just say that Jimbob and not tell N-E what you get with it!

fable-3-collectors-edition-limited-set.jpg

- Playing Cards

- A Two Face coin

- A book-shaped box

Plus DLC Stuff:

- Exclusive costume, region and quest.

I'm personally hoping that this:

falloutce511.jpg

- Playing cards

- Poker chips

- Hardback graphic novel

- Making-of DVD

Comes to the UK.

Edited by Cube

You can't just say that Jimbob and not tell N-E what you get with it!

But that would be like a PYP once again

Ah, screw it.

You get, with the special edition (marked with * is early DLC)

• A new quest* - Silverpines, where you can earn a Legendary "Wolfsbane" Sword. Which is deadly against Balverines and Wolves
  • An Exclusive Region* - Don't know what this is yet, but apparantly it is great for settling with a family.
  • Fable III playing cards
  • Guild Seal Coin
  • A new dog breed* - A Boxer dog
  • A Unique outfit* - Male and Female, from the land of Aurora.

All comes in a steel-tin, with a special edition cover (apparantly).

We shall see if it comes all together this time around.

Edit - Ignore this, Cube beat me to it. Darn it!!!!.

Just played through Limbo, a very short but extremely enjoyable downloadable title. Highly recommended.

Indeed, easily one of the best XBLA games out there.

There's not much to say about it, though. To do so would ruin it, so it's best if you don't read any reviews or watch any videos, just give the trial a go and have 1200 points ready.

I gave the trial a go, great game in terms of the sheer atmosphere it provides, but I cant justify such high price tag, especially if it's fairly short. I'm sure it will be in a price drop deal sooner or later.

I'll wait for it to hit a clearout promo or something. 800 sounds fair for a short experience.

I'll wait for it to hit a clearout promo or something. 800 sounds fair for a short experience.

agreed really liked the trail of it but no way am i spending 1200 on a game unless its something i REALLLLLLY want

Those comments raise an interesting question: would you pay £15 for the campaign of Modern Warfare 2?

Limbo costs around £10 for 3-4 hours of puzzle-platforming where each obstacle you come across is different; at first you come across bear traps, each encounter with them requiring a different solution or approach, then it moves onto the next thing and you never see them again. MW2 comes in at around 5-6 hours wherein you do pretty much the same thing. It does switch things up now and then, but you approach 90% of the game in exactly the same manner. So, which is better value for money?

I'm not really criticising people for baulking at the price — I did exactly the same thing at first, and no doubt I will again — I just find perceived value to be a interesting part of gaming, especially now that digital distribution is on the rise.

I would rather pay £10 for 4 hours of extremely entertaining gameplay, than £30 for a game that lasts 30 hours, but is average.

I'm with MATtheHAT.

Quality over quantity any day.

Unless it's food, because I'm greedy.

And fat.

Those comments raise an interesting question: would you pay £15 for the campaign of Modern Warfare 2?

I would if there was a deal tacked on to that where you could get the 100+ hours of fantastic multiplayer for only £11 if you bought them both together ;) (I went out on launch day morning and snagged MW2 for £26 from Sainsburys).

Was looking at my XBL Rep, turns out i have 66% who prefer me and 33% who want to avoid me. 1% un-decided. Of these 33%, 100% think i am an un-sportsman like player. Hey, i don't use cheats or target players unless they target me first.

Made me laugh, to be fair.

People just being bitter.

My younger brother used to play a lot of Bomberman Live on my account when it came out and managed to kick some ass online at it.

Because of that my rep fell down below 50% because of un-sportsman behaviour...

People just being bitter.

My younger brother used to play a lot of Bomberman Live on my account when it came out and managed to kick some ass online at it.

Because of that my rep fell down below 50% because of un-sportsman behaviour...

So basically, i've got to let them win from time to time. Not a style i'll be best at. If they want to win, they've got to be better.

Was looking at my XBL Rep, turns out i have 66% who prefer me and 33% who want to avoid me. 1% un-decided. Of these 33%, 100% think i am an un-sportsman like player. Hey, i don't use cheats or target players unless they target me first.

Made me laugh, to be fair.

I find this is happening more and more as I play red dead, people don't like me shooting them back apparently.

fuck 'em.

Who cares what your rep is? I've never looked at mine and I never will :)

The percentages are meaningless anyway - it only counts people who have left you feedback. And people are much more likely to leave negative feedback than positive feedback. I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of people that rated you count for something like 0.1% of the people you've played.

I find this is happening more and more as I play red dead, people don't like me shooting them back apparently.

fuck 'em.

It's funny you say this, because i was voted out of a Red Dead room along with my mate because we were shooting a group of people on Tuesday night. They liked it being a 5 on 1, before i showed up making it 5 on 2. Then they hated it and voted us out.

I know rep means nothing, i just find it funny that all my negative rep is for unsportsman like behaviour.