NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Hey guys!

quick question, does anyone know the cost fixing a 360 that had RRoD if it's past its warrenty?

Well today I went to game, got the adapter for £19.99 and got bioshock 2 2nd hand for £7.99... not a bad duo :)

Shorty; someone just told me today that plants vs. zombies was coming to xbla. Despite completing it already, I'm totally getting it!

I treated myself to Perfect Dark XBLA, the other day for a tasty 800 points. ^___^

I think it is GREAT so far. :D Highly addictive, I cannot stop playing, perfect agent is too fun!

Also this is coming from someone who didn't get the chance to play it when they were younger so no nostalgia is attached in anyway. :)FRESH EYES.

Finally worked out what Avatar Awards are because of this game as well.

Hey guys, I need some help :) My girlfriend wants a game for the 360 that she/we both can enjoy (oddly enough she doesn't like modern warfare or GTA. Wierd, right?) I don't know enough about games on the 360 as there are so many, so any suggestions you can make would be greatly appreciated. Faaaanks :)

Hey guys!

quick question, does anyone know the cost fixing a 360 that had RRoD if it's past its warrenty?

Last time I had my 360 fixed it was around £60-70.

Hey guys, I need some help :) My girlfriend wants a game for the 360 that she/we both can enjoy (oddly enough she doesn't like modern warfare or GTA. Wierd, right?) I don't know enough about games on the 360 as there are so many, so any suggestions you can make would be greatly appreciated. Faaaanks :)

It would help a little if you could tell us what kind of games you both like.

I will suggest the Viva Pinata games and for XBLA Castle Crashers.

I'd go off what my friend does, she's not a gamer but her boyfriend is massively so here's a few games they enjoy together:

Fable

Fairy tale fight

Naughty bear (although I'd wait for it to be dirt cheap)

Alot of the lego games are good :)

I think she's also now playing brutal legend.

EDIT: Still not heard anything from microsoft, going to the bank in the week to get them to cancel payment.

I've played through the following with my g/f and we've both had a lot of fun -

Halo 3 (Even if she doesn't like MW2, this is a different kind of game altogether, and a good way to get to grips with dual analogue if she's not used to it)

Gears of War 1 & 2

Earth Defense Force 2017 (simple arcadey shooter fun)

Toy Story 3 (a lot to do here and great in co-op)

Castle Crashers

Rock Band/Guitar Hero

Borderlands (maybe after Halo! Great teamwork based levelling-up fun)

Peggle

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2

Worms 2/Worms Armageddon

These two are a bit random but free:

Skate 2 Demo bails mode

Beautiful Katamari demo

On the beautiful katamari demo you can take it in turns to see who can roll the biggest katamari in the allotted 5 mins.

Bought Toy Story 3 quite randomly after seeing that it got decent reviews and wanting something fun and light to play 2-player. Was quite surprised by how good it is :)

It follows the story quite closely, although for some reason it skips a lot of chunks out which I think could've made for great levels. A lot of "in-between" scenes are quickly summed up by the narrator and little more is said. However it makes up for these lacking scenes with some inventive "imagination" scenes, for example the scene when Bonnie has found Woody becomes a big action scene against a rag-doll witch similar to the movie's opening scene - complete with random on-fly-changes at the whim of the storyteller.

The story mode is over fairly quickly although there are hidden secrets to go back through for. It's surprisingly well made and plays very well, especially as a co-op game.

But other than the story mode there's also a "Toy Box" mode, nothing to do with the film, which allows you to build your own toy town, with hundreds of missions and collectibles - it's got a lot to it, we spent an hour just driving around a race track on RC cars, doing medal challenges etc.

The biggest fail in the game, to me, is that playing co-op doesn't award both players achievments. Not too big a deal though as it is quite replayable :)

Sounds great, thanks for the full review, I might look into buying it some time soon. :)

Naughty bear (although I'd wait for it to be dirt cheap)

Naughty Bear makes Ninjabread Man look like Super Mario Galaxy, Sonic 2006 look extremely polished and Daikatana play like Perfect Dark.

It would still be a disgrace if it stayed on XBLA instead of getting transferred to a retail release after the game was finished.

Anyone tried the Kane and Lynch: Dog Days demo?

I was really surprised by it, it looks like they fixed everything that the first one suffered from.

Which was pretty much everything except story and characters.

The multiplayer is immense fun.

Started on Bioshock 2 today. Not liking how the game thinks it needs to give me hints on what to do just because I explore each area sooo slooowly... I can turn it off but it's been so long since I played the first that I genuinely need the odd controls reminder.

Just about to get myself a fire plasmid, so not that far into the game at all. Playing on normal but think I could've started on Hard!

I say, what's the Battlefield BC2 online situation right now? Decent games are starting to get just a little harder to find in 1943 and I'm contemplating an upgrade of sorts to my Battlefield fix.

Finally decided to play Splosion Man today after purchasing it months(?) ago when it went down in price...

It's pretty decent and I love the fact that you have to 'wall-jump' through a good proportion of it, feels suitably old-skool but with a modern twist.

I finally upgraded to a 360 Slim today. Im just on transferring my GT and data over now.

I got me a nice deal from HMV which gave me the console, Toy Story 3 and Alan Wake for a tidy sum. Also picked up Blazblue, Dantes Inferno and Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box all for a tenner each in HMVs sale!

Going to be getting a capped connection when i move house, parents are insisting that we go to BT for the broadband again. I saw nothing wrong with our last provider, we had unlimited usage internet for around the same price a month (well, i assume it was unlimited usage but i don't know will have to check on that (since providers seem to be capping all but charging more for unlimited access))

Will be getting a 10gb usage limit a month, which begs the question. Will this be enough for playing online games on the X-Box 3 or 4 times a week @ 2 or 3 hours at a time?. I'm not sure on this myself, as i could be getting into a debate with the parents about getting an unlimited usage account.

I think you're only talking about 3 gigs max from online gaming. It's only streaming information after all. A lot of it, but only information, all the files, textures, images, graphics, maps etc are on your system already.

So my xbox is sat precariously, and at an angle, over the edge of the tv stand thing. Residing directly in front of the telly is the sofabed which, when it is opened, pretty much always misses knocking the 'box off by about an inch -- thanks to careful positioning by yours truly.

As I lowered the sofabed last night, a clanky, soft thud jolted my memory to earlier in the day, when my mum 'tidied' the TV area.

I managed to catch my memory unit, just jutting out of the console. By some shadow of a miracle that was presumably just passing me by, on its way to rescue someone more needy, like a drowning fish; the console did not tumble! Hurrah! ... Just the MU has been nearly snapped in half. I did a small prayer to the xbox god, accepting that I had been blessed thus far with no RROD but, if it was at all possible, could I possibly get my bioshock 2, l4d2, limbo and MW2 save files please?

So I bent the MU back into shape with what felt like too much force... and so far it's working! My profile's on there... but I still do a lot of portable gaming, so I'm just going to have to get it a small box and some polystyrene peanuts for when we go on our travels.

to be honest it's probably bent/broke at the part which is just wires between a solid connector and a little flash storage - if there are any wires in it at all.

You can use any old USB stick now though, so why not copy everything over to one of those just to be safe

Good idea, forgot about that! To think I was considering even buying another MU..!

Definitely go for memory sticks, cheap as chips and easy!

Haha.

Finally got through to xbl today, I managed to speak to an irish guy rather than someone from india and now it's all cancelled, you can apparently even completely remove each and every card from your account so the details aren't on there at all. Which is nice.

Spent 20minutes on an 020 number rather than the original 0800, phew!

I spoke to a nice Irish girl when I cancelled mine too.

They're so nice on the phone.

I actually got my money refunded because I told her I'd phoned up and cancelled, yet it hadn't be done right.

I didn't.

I lied.

But... it's Microsoft... so...?

I spoke to a nice Irish girl when I cancelled mine too.

They're so nice on the phone.

I actually got my money refunded because I told her I'd phoned up and cancelled, yet it hadn't be done right.

I didn't.

I lied.

But... it's Microsoft... so...?

I did mention it, but in the end it's just being stopped two weeks later than the payment came out, so I got two weeks free for the annoyance which isn't too bad.

I saw on the xbox forums that apparently the automatic renewal works in the usa but they've gotten rid of it for anyone in europe, well play Microsoft, well played!