NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Microsoft are refusing to repair my Xbox 360, after it RROD'd in April following one of their system updates. Anyone else had any luck making them repair out-of-warranty products?

I'm in the same situation right now Tellyn and no, I've not had any luck. I've given up really and I'll probably just buy an Arcade (or one of the new ones if I can be bothered waiting that long) but in your case, if it is the update that has caused the RRoD then surely they should repair it as it's not your fault.

Heck, even trying to set out a paid repair with them with an out of warranty console is like trying to draw blood from stone. I just thought it wasn't worth the hassle when you'll only get a couple of months extra warranty on the console and no guarantee its fixed (they're mostly temp fixes as they can't completely fix the RRoD without changing the motherboard or something like that)

To celebrate Sonic's 19th birthday, all the classics are getting a price drop starting Thursday:

Game - Regular Price - Birthday Price

Sonic the Hedgehog (Arcade) 400 points 240 points

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 400 points 240 points

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 400 points 240 points

Sonic & Knuckles 400 points 240 points

Shame I have them all already :P

Looks like I'll be getting Sonic & Knuckles. Never had a chance to play that properly.

And while I'm here I may as well ask: Transferring data to a bigger HDD. I'm going to pick up a bigger HDD for my 360 and wanted to know whether it'll be fine just using the transfer kit to move all my data over or whether I should move save files and data for games that have a single use code for online features to a memory stick and then transfer over like that. So anyone know whether it's safe to just transfer over with the kit or should I use a USB drive to do it with some files?

And while I'm here I may as well ask: Transferring data to a bigger HDD. I'm going to pick up a bigger HDD for my 360 and wanted to know whether it'll be fine just using the transfer kit to move all my data over or whether I should move save files and data for games that have a single use code for online features to a memory stick and then transfer over like that. So anyone know whether it's safe to just transfer over with the kit or should I use a USB drive to do it with some files?

I believe the kit does a 100% transfer of everything on the HDD. However, there's no harm backing up a few files on a USB drive if you've got one or two spare.

Sorry not to reply to responses weeks ago about Xbox Live rest assured I read them but forgot to reply. :)

I didn't go for the deal in the end I didn't want all the hassles of getting out of it.

If I want Gold Live membership but don't want to give my card how does it work do I buy points?

If I want Gold Live membership but don't want to give my card how does it work do I buy points?

You need to buy a Subscription card (not a points card).

Great thanks. :D once it runs out is that it? I don't have to try and stop them renewing?

If they don't have your card details, they can't really charge you.

...that makes sense. :heh:

I will have to build up some money!

currently can't afford to get online as much as I want to.

I miss being called Boss by London Chav's. :D

Recently bought Forza 3, a much better title than Forza 2 by a long-shot. Bought the LE, and got a tonne of free stuff inc tracks and cars. Loving it to be fair, especially the gamers who sign out/leave when i'm winning a race using a custom Dodge Viper SRT10 (got an R3 rating, instead of the B-class it once had).

It's funny really, the game says i'm only 2.8% complete but achievements say 44%. Funny really.

Just got a free theme and 400 microsoft points from being one of the first 5000 people to download the Red Dead Redemption multiplayer video that went up a couple of months ago. Awesome :D

Just got a free theme and 400 microsoft points from being one of the first 5000 people to download the Red Dead Redemption multiplayer video that went up a couple of months ago. Awesome :D

I got a free theme and an invalid 400 Points code.

Edit: Seems that the points code simply wasn't activated when I entered it. It works now.

Edited by Cube

If anyone is interested, Gears 2 has 8x XP until 6th July. 9 waves of Tickers on Horde with the 10th being all Boomers. 8x XP is on ALL multi-player modes. Make the most of it, i am. Already up 2 levels in 20 minutes

Question that may not seem like it has anything to do with the 360 at first but does: When you get a new bank card after it expires, does it keep the same card number, etc.?

The reason I'm asking is the card attached to my Xbox Live account which would be billed for automatic renewal of my subscription after the 12 month period expired last year yet I've just received an email from Microsoft saying that my account has been renewed for the next 12 months using said expired card. It's my mother's card so it's not something I can just take and look at and see so wanted to ask here and see if anyone can shed some light on this.

The strange thing is, I could have sworn I had received an email last year from Microsoft saying the card attached to my Live account was going to expire and that I needed to change it but I never got round to removing it/changing it as it expired in October and my Gold membership was paid for until July this year. ::shrug:

edit: doesn't help that I can't access my account on the Xbox website to see if I can make any heads or tails of this :nono:

Edited by Ganepark32

Hey all :D

Just got a 2nd hand Xbox and live ID is tomma1000 if anyone wants to add :D

I have Halo, GTA, Forza 3, Fifa and Assassins 2 but any other games you would recommend?

Cheers

So, I was playing Red Dead earlier, doing some treasure hunting when bam, the graphics went wonko.

I think my 360 is on its way out :(

So, I was playing Red Dead earlier, doing some treasure hunting when bam, the graphics went wonko.

I think my 360 is on its way out :(

Considering it's an open world game, it could easily be a glitch.

Considering it's an open world game, it could easily be a glitch.

I booted it up again about 45 mins after, it started off fine but after 5 mins it happened again

The graphical issues continued onto the Dashboard though so it's very likely to be a GPU fault.

It is quite hot here though and my room is south facing so it could just be general heat.

Just tested and it's happening on Portal too so it's not limited to Red Dead

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Sounds like yer hardware is on the way out. Trade it in quickly! :heh:

Hey all :D

Just got a 2nd hand Xbox and live ID is tomma1000 if anyone wants to add :D

I have Halo, GTA, Forza 3, Fifa and Assassins 2 but any other games you would recommend?

Cheers

Add Gears, Bioshock, Arkham Asylum and Red Dead redemption and you will have a killer games collection.

Sounds like yer hardware is on the way out. Trade it in quickly! :heh:

Too late. :(