NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Guys just wanted to say that I'm enjoying Bayonetta......ALOT! Only just completed the 2nd chapter but so far its been brilliant! I recommend it to anyone, especially as it can be found for cheap now!

So, I was playing Red Dead earlier, doing some treasure hunting when bam, the graphics went wonko.

I think my 360 is on its way out :(

That happened to me, except I was in a posse online, the graphics went crazy a few times then bam RROD.

Is anyone interested in the "Summer of XBLA" games this year?

There's

- Limbo

- Hydro Thunder Hurricane

- Castlevania Harmony of Despair

- Monday Night Combat

- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Unfortunately all are 1200 points, but you do get 1200 points back if you buy them all. If you get the points from Shop.to then it will cost just under £48 (then you get the 1200 points back after that).

I think that Limbo, Castlevania and Lara Croft look pretty good.

Only one that has me interested is Limbo really. Just looks interesting.

I would have been interested in Castlevania because I love the older ones and the DS ones but it's been getting some average feedback. I'm not really interested in the idea of multiplayer in a Castlevania game but maybe I'll download the trial when it comes and see what I think.

As for the other three, well I've played the original Hydro Thunder game and thought 'Meh' and I've never really been a fan of Tomb Raider. Monday Night Combat, similarly, doesn't look appealing to me.

So yeh, definitely Limbo for me. Maybe look at getting some older Arcade games as I haven't really downloaded any other than Rez, Perfect Dark, Chime, Soul Calibur and Banjo Kazooie. Will say that Hydrophobia is looking very good for the XBLA. Hoping that's out this year.

I'll definitely pick up Limbo and Guardian of Light is a possibility. Not too fussed about the other three.

I'm somewhat surprised DeathSpank isn't part of the promotion.

Best place to ask since I know nothing about Xbox anymore.. My workmate wants to borrow my USB stick to transfer his game saves before getting the new Slim box. Apparently the stick needs to be formatted to work on it. After he's done can I reformat it to work as usual on the PC again? I realise all the files would be gone, but I'll back those up before I let him borrow it. Cheers!

Yes, you can reformat the USB device afterwards to use on a PC. It would be bad if your 360 made your usb device obsolete! Once he's finished with it just put it in your PC, you will probably get a message straight away saying "this device needs to be formatted before you can use it".

I managed to reformat 1GB of space for 360 memory and the other 3GB on the stick is used for usual PC stuff. Very handy. Plus, somehow, I sold 800MB of xbox memory card memory in CEX after I did this for £16. I was very pleased.

Out of the two, which game should I get: Splinter Cell Conviction or Alan Wake?

Out of the two, which game should I get: Splinter Cell Conviction or Alan Wake?

Splinter Cell if you want the 'safe' option...

Alan Wake if you want to play something surprisingly different which you may or may not enjoy seeing as opinion is so divided on it...

Both are essentially good games though from what I hear. :)

If you want a fantastic story, Alan Wake is the way to go. Think Twin Peaks crossed with Silent Hill and you'll kind of get an idea of what it's like.

Splinter Cell Conviction is something I've just finished playing and I thought it was good. I didn't really see it as a typical Splinter Cell game as it's clearly moved on slightly in the gameplay department but it's still recognisable.

It really comes down to what you'd prefer to play. Both are, as SCG has said, good games but I will say, Alan Wake really is something you should immerse yourself in story-wise, with all the pages to find, otherwise some of the game does wash over you. Personally, I'd go with Alan Wake but then I'm a sucker for a good story (and the more psychological approach) so maybe I'm not the best to advise on this.

If you want a fantastic story, Alan Wake is the way to go.

Splinter Cell Conviction is something I've just finished playing and I thought it was good.

It really comes down to what you'd prefer to play. Both are, as SCG has said, good games...

...maybe I'm not the best to advise on this.

Well you're more qualified than me seeing as you've played them both, I was just giving an opinion based purely on what I'd heard about both games, basically that they are good in their own ways but basically it just comes down to preference. :)

I've played both and they're both great games but are also fairly short.

I would recommend Alan Wake over Splinter Cell. It has a fantastic story with loads of great set-pieces. The combat is also pretty interesting. Even though the combat is essentially the same throughout, the game manages to stay varied throughout the entire thing.

You can buy the Collector's Edition of Alan Wake from GAME.co.uk for a measly £20. It's a really nice package, well worth the extra zero pence they're charging over the regular edition.

Out of stock unfortunately :( But I did find the Splinter Cell special edition also at the same price...so I went with that. I'll probably pick up Alan Wake once I've finished Splinter Cell anyway.

Out of stock unfortunately :(

Oh, they must've just ran out; it was still listed as in stock when I posted the link. Not too surprising, though.

Ok so since transferring all my stuff to the new Xbox all of my arcade games have reverted to 'Trial Version' when I disconnect from Xbox live... this means I need to transfer content licences don't I? :/ *sigh*

Ok so since transferring all my stuff to the new Xbox all of my arcade games have reverted to 'Trial Version' when I disconnect from Xbox live... this means I need to transfer content licences don't I? :/ *sigh*

If you don't have your old serial number it'll be on Xbox.com somewhere in your account area.

Yeah... done that part, in process of 'redownloading' everything again...

169 of 439...

FML... >.>

------------

Nearly TWO HOURS LATER and I have everything redownloaded or 'reconfirmed' rather... anyway. never again!

Edited by S.C.G

Out of stock unfortunately :( But I did find the Splinter Cell special edition also at the same price...so I went with that. I'll probably pick up Alan Wake once I've finished Splinter Cell anyway.

If you still want to order it, its back in stock!

I ordered myself a copy last night.

Yeah... done that part, in process of 'redownloading' everything again...

169 of 439...

FML... >.>

------------

Nearly TWO HOURS LATER and I have everything redownloaded or 'reconfirmed' rather... anyway. never again!

Shoulda backed everything up to a HDD like me :awesome: :kiss:

Shoulda backed everything up to a HDD like me :awesome: :kiss:

But that's not the problem... I transferred everything using the kit, so I had the actual content on my new Xbox but the licenses needed transferring and after that you need to click 'download again' on all your arcade games etc so that they will then work on your new machine.

I wasn't actually downloading everything again because if I was then I would still be in the process of it now, it wasn't quite as bad as that, just bad enough that I had to go through everything and click 'download again' each time just to confirm it on the new console so it'd work. :/