NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Got myself a Xbox 360 Slim today, had a little spare cash and wanted to play some Rock Band, with the new one coming out soon and Halo Reach it was time to replace my paperweight.

So far so good, transfered my licences and transfered my data from my old hard drive. The machine is dead quiet which is odd (in a good way), but it aint half giving off some heat from the vent.

Got myself a Xbox 360 Slim today, had a little spare cash and wanted to play some Rock Band, with the new one coming out soon and Halo Reach it was time to replace my paperweight.

So far so good, transfered my licences and transfered my data from my old hard drive. The machine is dead quiet which is odd (in a good way), but it aint half giving off some heat from the vent.

Think of the positives! At least in Winter your room wont be cold.....

lol

I also got a new slim 360 this weekend from my girlfriend. I'm loving how quiet it is in comparrison to the old model,

and as silly as it seems, i love the little *ping* noise it makes when opening the disc tray or turning it on :)

Simple things heh.

I also got a new slim 360 this weekend from my girlfriend. I'm loving how quiet it is in comparrison to the old model,

and as silly as it seems, i love the little *ping* noise it makes when opening the disc tray or turning it on :)

Simple things heh.

I love that too! Though I hate how it seems to attract dust, then you try to whipe it off and forget its touch sensitive and turn the bugger on.

Played Joy Ride with Kinect today. Nothing new to report. It was fun. Not responsive enough for anything less flippant than something like Joy Ride. I'd pay £60 for it at the very most.

There were a couple issues with it. My friend had problems with the pointer thing, didn't want to follow her hand and doing tricks required huge gestures.

Microsoft have announced a new controller:

xbox-360-gaming-controller-d-pad-4.jpg?20100831-173535

Turning the D-Pad raises/lowers the + bit. It's out next year for $64 (around £42 before VAT).

It seems rather pointless. I'd still find it just as hard to play 2D games due to the location of the D-Pad. It's like how I would find it uncomfortable to play 3D games if the analogue stick was in that position.

It's also aimed at fighting fans...the SFIV pad is around £16.

Edit: About Kinect, I always said that £60 was the big "This thing will be a massive success" price point.

What baffles me about this is that it will be released November 9th in the USA and February in Europe.

They should have a pad where you click a catch and the analogue and D-pad pop up, then you rotate them and click it back in.

That would be siiick.

They should have a pad where you click a catch and the analogue and D-pad pop up, then you rotate them and click it back in.

That would be siiick.

Or one where the two sticks, D-Pad and the 4 buttons can all be taken off the controller and moved around to wherever you want them to go. And it should be able to know the difference between the two sticks. So if you're a leftie you can swap the two around and not have to worry about the in-game settings.

A 3rd Party company should make one right now.

The announcement video:

?rel=0&autoplay=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Another thing, why remove the colour of the buttons...

Yeah it makes it a bit more stylish, but having the buttons coloured can be a big help for people picking up the controller for the first time.

EDIT: Having trouble embedding it, direct link:

Edited by Mundi

Stylish? With what looks like plastic chrome segments?

Plastic chrome segments can only looks stylish in CGI mock-ups, and never in real life.

They should have bundled these with the new consoles, pretty shocking they are just announcing them after people just spent £190 on a Slim.

I wouldn't pay that for it to be chrome - aimed at people who like filling the boots of their cars with speakers. No thankyou.

Personally I think it's going to piss off newer players, my friend learnt the buttons via colour and these ones could make it harder. I know it's not the worst thing, but it's like with games that rely on buttons, they'll have to make it via X B etc rather than colours..

Oh microsoft, why are you falling into the crap accessories department?

When I said budle on with the slim I meant a black one of course, not that horrible white and chrome mess.

I love that too! Though I hate how it seems to attract dust, then you try to whipe it off and forget its touch sensitive and turn the bugger on.

it really does attract the dust quick, and yes i get the same thing when dusting it of opening the disc tray or powering it up.

still it's satisfying all down to that little *ping* ;)

... That controller is pretty fail. Looks like they've removed those little grip-nipples (gripples?) for your thumbs on teh controller sticks, too, but there seems to be a more defined ridge...

Ripooof.

... That controller is pretty fail. Looks like they've removed those little grip-nipples (gripples?) for your thumbs on teh controller sticks, too, but there seems to be a more defined ridge...

Ripooof.

Didnt notice the gripples missing. that sucks, it's nice when you get a new controller and their not all worn down,

that is a bit of a fail.

The weird 'ridge' that they have instead looks like it could do the trick, but i'd imagine it'd be as immune to wear-and-tear as the regular 'gripples' are, but I can't really speculate as to whether the ridge thing would be better or not! Wouldn't mind getting my hands on that, but ridiculous grey buttons and twisty d-pad are just... stupidiculol.

Quick question... other than Gears and Halo, what exclusives does the 360 have coming out over the next year?

Quick question... other than Gears and Halo, what exclusives does the 360 have coming out over the next year?

Fable and Forza 4 are the big ones I can think of, but Natal will no doubt bring a lot too.

Tbh though the back catalogue of exclusives is pretty awesome, with ME, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell and Gears 1 and 2 popping to mind.

Anyways, my 360 is on it's way back from repair, looks like I'm gonna trade it in with a few games and buy myself the Slim. It's £209 in Gamestation with 4 games (NFS, FIFA, PoP and Toy Story i think) so no doubt i'll trade those all in immediately and buy Reach and Live. Hyped.