Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Raid over the River and Sadness (rev games)

bryanee

I know most of you wont believe me but in the next issue of NOM two REV games will be shown below is two quote from a friend of mine who works for the printing company and he read parts of the mag today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I got no pics to show you, but I just read Issue 3 of Official nintendo mag. and there are shots from two new Rev games in there. one of which is an fighter jet game, which looks amazing. while the resolution obviously isnt as good as PS3 or Xbox. the graphics do look amazing and barely look different to any next gen screen shots of the same resolution.

The game I just mentioned is called 'Raid over the River' and is said to be more like an old skool shooter so im guessing that youd move the pad left to go left, forward to go forward etc. but I am only guessing, theres no reason why developers couldnt make a game where you hold the remote like a propper pilots joystick.

The second game is called 'sadness' and is supposed to be a resi-evil type game that is supposed to try and scare you with its atmosphere rather than using blood and gore. and instead of using guns and knives to defend yourself, you just use objects you find lying around.

I work for the company that prints Nintendo mag, so i get to read bits as it comes off press. but unfortunately cant get any shots for you.

I recommend you all get out and buy a copy this weekend.

So far, i have seen three games for the rev, and all of them so far seem like they will be given age ratings (maybe not the plane one), looks like nintendo are finally growing up.

Like I said I doubt most of you will believe me but come the 20th when the mag is released you will see. I have no reason to doubt this person, hes never lied about something like this. Just thought I'd give you all a heads up.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sadness" (if it DOES exist) could be cool, if it was first person (use the FHC to aim, nun-chuck to move etc... kinda like Red Steel) and you would use all kinds of stuff lying around to protect you, knives, forks, baseball bats, strangling the zombies with wires or hurling CD's to cut off their head (Shaun of the dead any one :D?) and maybe one would find some guns of somekind... heeh could be fun :)

I believe in you, I study printing company/process in my school and you described the process for it, i guess your friend is in offset printing right? (or something related)

That's a step most people making up something wouldn't mention, so I do believe you...

But I might be wrong to do so, you never know ^_^ Great news if true though :) thanks for sharing.

Sadness, will apparently feature entirely black and white graphics.

http://www.revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=8994

:|

Made a thread just now, didn't see this discussion though.

edit: thread locked so I'll post it here.

Polish developers NIBRIS have revealed some new info about one of their upcoming Revolution titles… The horror/adventure game “Sadness” will only be released on Revolution, and will be displayed primarily in Black and White!

In an email to 4cr, NIBRIS chief developer Piotr Or?owski had this to say about the game:

Exclusive Nintendo Revolution title *Sadness* will be fully.. black and white!

"Nibris decided to follow Nintendo’s path, which definitely fights the stagnation which has occurred in video games, and creates new trends. With this move, we want to create a unique environment, which is only available in Sadness, says ?ukasz “CassSept” Oskard, a Nibris employee. But Nibris are not following the trend created though Sin City, but rather a game which is set pre-World War. More information on Sadness will be available soon."

It’s good to see that Nintendo’s trailblazing attitude toward game development is beginning to rub off on the development community. Making a game entirely in black and white is, without a doubt, unique. We can only hope that more developers and producers will take a walk off the beaten path and provide us gamers with more experimental and revolutionary games.

How does April 20th sound for you? Sounds like an intriguing game.. really noir and I can't wait to see more screens.

Expect more game news this week I guess..

[Via: 4cr.]

A game totally in black and white sounds certainly good, can't wait for the first screens and I believe you too.

I also think NIBRIS once stated that Raid over the River would have a storyline or whatever covering several games and that the first part was released for DS and the sequel for Revo but I can't provide a source because I'm lazy and it was quite a few month ago.

nibrisbw.jpg

Is that a shot from Sadness?

It sounds like an amazing game if they do it properly. I could imagine it would end up like Eternal Darkness though, with a load of overblown references to Poe, Danté, Blake etc which just ended up feeling a bit cheesy.

I was wondering that too Domo Kun (the image is broken, but if any one goes on 4colorrebellion and look at Sadness news, you should see it)

Im very interested in Sadness, its sounds like the sort of artisticly designed game like ICO and Shadow of Colloseus(sp?).

E3 needs to come quicker..

nibrisbw.jpg

Is that a shot from Sadness?

It sounds like an amazing game if they do it properly. I could imagine it would end up like Eternal Darkness though, with a load of overblown references to Poe, Danté, Blake etc which just ended up feeling a bit cheesy.

Heh, no hot linking ;)

I think that is for demonstration purposes only Domo Kun, we'll get screenies on Thursday.

I'm hoping this game oozes style and art and has a hearty storyline to make up for the lack of colour- which was to be frank what kept me awake through Sin City.

Guest Stefkov

i like it, if its mainly dark however i dont htink it would be great, not just black everywhere. if it does look along the same lines as sin city then i think it will look aweseome.

i love the idea of just using stuff lying around. i want to use a broom to **** someone over the head. or use a glass bottle, when you use it once it shmashes then it leaves a bit left, which you can cut with.

haha imagine, with two controlers, using the left FHC for say a home made shield from a metal tray and some string, and the right FHC for a home made axe, made from a broom stick handle and two kitchen blades, on eah side of the handle.thats if they do, do duel FHC's

Ha, stefkov, the possibilities are nearly infinite.

This sounds like its gonna be my favourite console, sorry my beloved Mega drive! Honestly, im just waiting for a very fast paced fighting game to be announced for revolution..

Sadness is the game im most interested in at the moment for revolution thats been officially announced, I like scary games and I really want to know how the visuals are going to be displayed. Sounds totally unique, then again the word unique is going to be used alot this coming generation.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!