Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Doctor Who

KKOB

Oh right, I thought you meant a proper tribute.

I'm sure the BBC could do that, although I think pre rather than post would be

better positioning.

Post would presumably get more views as people can often miss the first few minutes but are less likely to miss the end (presumably it will be pre-credits).

And you'd be surprised how quickly they could get a tribute show together. If they knew she had cancer they may well have already got something.

Anyway, speculation aside certainly sad news. :(

Doctor Who will pay tribute to Elisabeth Sladen when the show returns for a new series this Saturday.

Asked if a tribute to Sladen will be featured on the upcoming episode, a spokesperson for Doctor Who told Digital Spy that the show's production team are "planning something suitable".

However, further information on what that might include is not yet available.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a315556/doctor-who-planning-elisabeth-sladen-tribute.html

Really enjoyed it!!

I thought the first 10mins or so were really lame, I was thinking 'wtf are they doing this story form we know the Doctor lives, we've seen the trailers!'... and it meant you felt absolutely NO emotion whatsoever as the scenes were played out!... Oh but then it went and got interesting!

Loved pretty much everything that followed, though yes River is annoying.

Amy pregnant?... (really, or does she just think she might be, having felt sick, because we saw River feel sick aswell after her encounter with the new 'baddies'.

If so, there was a child in the Spacesuit... connection?

Also... did everyone notice that locked door contained the same Spaceship setup as the one in the James Cordon episode last series?

And Also... In next weeks trailer it looked like some people were covered in the same symbols/writing as in the David Tennant episode with the Demon?!

Roll on Part 2!

I thought that was really good. Quite a "calm" episode, which I suppose was largely due to it being a 2-parter. It reminded me of the most recent Weeping Angels story.

There were some laugh-out-loud moments, such as the Doctor taking notes in the Oval Office, and him introducing his assistants as "Legs, Nose and Mrs Robinson" - I absolutely loved that last one! Also, the Easter Island statues are modelled on Matt Smith!

Amy pregnant?... (really, or does she just think she might be, having felt sick, because we saw River feel sick aswell after her encounter with the new 'baddies'.

I got quite an "Alien" vibe from it.

Also... did everyone notice that locked door contained the same Spaceship setup as the one in the James Cordon episode last series?

Yep, I thought that too. That was unresolved, wasn't it? And it looked quite like a Tardis.

And Also... In next weeks trailer it looked like some people were covered in the same symbols/writing as in the David Tennant episode with the Demon?!

I think you're right. In one trailer the voice was saying "Look behind you", which is what happened in that episode you mention.

I can't remember if this is right or not but didn't we find out the Doctor had a daughter during the David Tennant or the Ecclestone stint? I could have sworn that was a story at one point, and we didn't find out the mother did we, so perhaps that is in some way related if Amy is pregnant?

Had the new episode on in the background, didn't watch it properly but will do so later this evening. All I remember hearing was the Doctor asking where his Fez was. So I'll watch it later, but hopefully this continues to provide more interesting enemies/scenarios as the last series did (I really liked the Weeping Angels one).