Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Doctor Who

KKOB

Twas a lovely story today, which the sentimental side of me very much enjoyed!

I thought next season looked OK, nothing mind blowing from the trailer... but yeah good nonetheless.

Is that episode in Area 51 presumably... drawing from that animated series Tennant did as the Doctor?

Christmas Ep, Fucking amazing

Next Season - Holy shit, Evil creepy doll..things, new weeping angels?

creepy.gif

Well they do look like those creepy china dolls that just stare at you..*shudder*

I think so.

Stetsons..they are pretty cool

Edited by arnold

I quite like Doctor Who but prefer the older ones from my childhood,I have never had a problem with any doctor as i have felt they have all been very good except maybe Paul McGann (film) and no problems with assistants or companions (even Bonnie Langford lol).

To me personally the modern Dr Who has sort of got close to perfect but is let down in important areas,the Original old episodes had mostly excellent stories and writing but with a low-adequate budget and special effects but the newer Dr Who is visa-versa with better budget and special effects but most of the stories are terrible and corny.

Christmas Ep, Fucking amazing

Next Season - Holy shit, Evil creepy doll..things, new weeping angels?

creepy.gif

Well they do look like those creepy china dolls that just stare at you..*shudder*

I think so.

Stetsons..they are pretty cool

Plus the tall one at the end and the dolls sure like the Sensorites.

Also part of Abigails song in A Christmas Carol is: "When you're alone, silence is all you know. When your alone, silence is all you see. When you're alone, silence is all you'll be."

It occurs to me that although the Doctor saved Xmas, he also fucked it over in the long run. The old geezer can't use the machine that controls the skies any more, and the woman who could through song was going to die any time, so what happens with the skies now, they revert back to their fucked up state with no way of changing them.

So before the machine existed the clouds were doing what?

Anyway, if singing was all that was needed...lol, I don't even need to finish that sentence off. I thought the whole thing was duff. Not just the concept, I could deal with that, I just found it dull. Yes, A Christmas Carol. Yawn.

I have never majorly enjoyed a christmas special and this was no different for me really.

The trailer for the next season didn't really get me excited either but after really enjoying all the previous 'new' series hopefully it shouldn't disappoint me!

The trailer for series 5 was really good so it was very meh watching that one for s6.

Watched the Christmas Special last night- all style and no substance. I might skip the next series.

My thoughts exactly. I just do not understand Doctor Who any more. I'm not even going to nitpick, because I simply didn't care enough about the episode to do that. Steven Moffat's sense of storytelling is non-existent.

Other programmes like Merlin and Primeval absolutely wipe the floor with it, but Doctor Who still has the "name".