Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Doctor Who

KKOB

I actually really liked this weeks episode, it's not often something ends on a bad note and i thought it was handled pretty well. I quite liked rory but for the sake of the story i really hope he doesn't come back.

The games could be ok, free to play aren't they? No reason not to give them a try in that case.

The games could be ok' date=' free to play aren't they? No reason not to give them a try in that case.[/quote']

They said that the first one is free. They haven't said if the other ones are.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I don't see why they would make the first one free and all the others at a price.

No they have pretty much said this is the plan. It's so that loads and loads of people download the first one and see how good it is (and seeing as they're being sold as a whole separate episode as part of this series, how important they are to the overall story), and then when the next one comes along they'll be more likely to pay to get it. I don't think they're going to get many people paying for them, but I guess they think giving the first one free will attract a few more people.

No they have pretty much said this is the plan. It's so that loads and loads of people download the first one and see how good it is (and seeing as they're being sold as a whole separate episode as part of this series, how important they are to the overall story), and then when the next one comes along they'll be more likely to pay to get it. I don't think they're going to get many people paying for them, but I guess they think giving the first one free will attract a few more people.

Oh right, too bad it's only on PC.

I read that they're going to have all of them free because it was funded by License Fee money and so they're giving it to us for free as it's already been paid for

I read that they're going to have all of them free because it was funded by License Fee money and so they're giving it to us for free as it's already been paid for

That would be the more sensible - and realistic - option.

You know, it already bugs me how everyone pronounces Van Gogh in the previews for next week's episode. It's pandering to the common mispronounciation. Although, it doesn't get as bad as them calling him Van-GO, but the g isn't a hard g

Episode 1 was alright, but it is fairly simplistic. For as free game the graphics are good and it runs smoothly. The controls were really laggy at first, but then I plugged in my 360 controller and they were fine with that.

Edit: I was also disappointed that you couldn't walk inside the TARDIS. A game is the perfect medium to be able to go through the doors without a camera change.

Edited by Cube

Just finished the first chapter, and I definitely enjoyed it. It's pretty decent for a freebee, and can easily be completed in one sitting (not necessarily a bad thing, especially for something like this). Graphics were somewhat average, but I didn't really expect exceptionally high quality ones, due to it's size and the fact that it's free.

Also, it ran incredibly smooth on my system, although that's no surprise, to be perfectly honest (Intel i7 @ 2,66GHz, 6GB of DDR3 RAM, ATi Radeon 5770 with 1GB of GDDR5 RAM, etc).

On the whole, I would say that it's definitely worth playing, especially for Doctor Who fans (logically).

That was a really great episode, though I think it displayed all of Dr Who's greatest strengths and weaknesses. The whole thing felt like the Tardis had materialised in a another much more sophisticated and more adult drama, the sort of thing that gets replayed endlessly at 3am on BBC4.

Thought that was pretty boring tbh. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood. I found the whole invisible monster thing frustrating. Really surprised, and slightly annoyed, that the subject of Amy's fiancée wasn't brought up (although there were hints).