Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're supposadely only getting the £425 version of the PS3 here in the UK, stated a worker at Gamestation! This is what they have on their website as well! Is this confirmed?

Now i'm positive the Wii will be the best selling console....i had some small doubts but Sony has just got the price seriously wrong....espicially if the launch line-up has like six games in....:indeed:

Well, GamesRadar just reported:

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=200605159441218061&sectionId=1006

Sony's official line is "we haven't decided and we're discussing with the retailers". In short, if the retailers don't think there will be demand for the 20GB model, then Sony won't launch it in the UK. I wonder if other retailers plan to do the same thing as Gamestation?

I'd be surprised if there is a demand for the cheaper version anywhere if people know for the relatively small price difference all the stuff extra you get.
well, that's also true for the cheapest X360... I mean... those only ammount to 20% of the total X360 manufactured (on launch), that must mean something. it's like when you buy a computer for 1400€ but the model on the paper says "since 700€" but that equals to: crappy graphics card, less memory, disc, etc. basically pretty much anyone will buy the cheapest as it is the worse deal "price vs features" of all.

Also... looking at those images... wow PS3 lost quite some "ports" on it's back comparing to the 2005 model... even the most expensive version lacks them :shock:

The thing that gets me is the on/off switch at the back of the console.

Thats because just like the PS2, the PS3 has the standby mode, the 360 also has that but it doesn't have an LED colour to show it.

That's so poor, I bet the PS3 is going to sound like a spitfire when it gets going. More realistic for WWII FPS I suppose...

Well actually as the power supply is intergrated its supposed to sound like a PSTwo, which does sound quite quiet.

I bought an Xbox, I'll buy a 360 when they get big RPG guns on there system -turn based type my back or even quasi turn based like FF XII not

1st person type, not Action Adventure like Fable mimicking as a RPG.

I actually thought Motorstorm didn't look to bad either! I mean it's not sensational but it's realistic enough.
Yeah but nowhere near what they promised...

Motorstorm acordingly to Sony... Running on a Cell 2,4 (the one in the final build is 3,2 GHz) and two Nvidia Geforce 6800Ultra in SLI mode:

92839320050516screen0034ig5uk.jpg

And this is Motorstorm now, on the current... more powerful... PS3:

motorstorm6ed.jpg

The graphics aren't bad, they are just something that X360 could do aswell... well all the PS3 games I've seen so far fit in that category anyway.

^ Yeah i totally agree, theres obviously a dramatic drop in the graphics there, and they shouldn't of promised what they couldn't give!

Oh well!

Hopefully Sony will get their act together by November as my bro now has one preordered and it better be worth the cash!

well, that's also true for the cheapest X360... I mean... those only ammount to 20% of the total X360 manufactured (on launch), that must mean something. it's like when you buy a computer for 1400€ but the model on the paper says "since 700€" but that equals to: crappy graphics card, less memory, disc, etc. basically pretty much anyone will buy the cheapest as it is the worse deal "price vs features" of all.

The Premium is £70 more. The hard drive costs £70, so the only extras you are getting are a wired pad rather than wireless, which is about £7 more, and headset which is £20.

Whereas the cheap PS3 version has a 20GB HD, rather than 60GB, no SD etc slots, no WiFi built in, no HDMI and according to rumours a wired pad with only a $100 difference.

The Premium is £70 more. The hard drive costs £70, so the only extras you are getting are a wired pad rather than wireless, which is about £7 more, and headset which is £20.

Whereas the cheap PS3 version has a 20GB HD, rather than 60GB, no SD etc slots, no WiFi built in, no HDMI and according to rumours a wired pad with only a $100 difference.

yeah, you're right there... but it's also a more expensive console to start with...

also it's only a $100 for Sony's pricing, I mean... they are the ones who do the prices and PS3 "standard/naked edition" isn't worth it, even less worthy than Xbox 360 "naked edition" like you said the upgrade costas £70 and you loose some extras, but from what I know... the console is virtually the same whereas on PS3 you loose some cable ports... and it's not upgradeable (in those).

having a hard disc as a standard in every console could be a bonus for developers though... but still it sucks to have a console with "cutted corners" and not expansible...

Yeah but nowhere near what they promised...

Motorstorm acordingly to Sony... Running on a Cell 2,4 (the one in the final build is 3,2 GHz) and two Nvidia Geforce 6800Ultra in SLI mode:

92839320050516screen0034ig5uk.jpg

And this is Motorstorm now, on the current... more powerful... PS3:

motorstorm6ed.jpg

The graphics aren't bad, they are just something that X360 could do aswell... well all the PS3 games I've seen so far fit in that category anyway.

Yeah but that was true graphics but without physics, the second one has the physics implemented so that it becomes difficult to drive as the terrain changes - has anybody done that for the 360 - no!

60fps on every game is standard.

Nope, the best thing about PS3 is that it will have mouse and keyboard support, as well as the option to attach any HDD.

Well actually it isn't PGR, PGR2, PGR3 all run at 30fps so do a number of games on every format.

60fps is the harmonization on the rsx between true next gen graphics running in realtime with a constant framerate that every game will follow.

UPDATE

Whats the fuck with you alot we should be supporting Jap consoles and kicking out Microsoft who have no business being there

Whats the fuck with you alot we should be supporting Jap consoles and kicking out Microsoft who have no business being there

LOL

Were not going to support them if they are trying to rip us off with lethal prices for a console.

Will you be getting a PS3 at launch ?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!