NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

I just thought I'd mention that although there's an Uncharted demo available on the US store, you apparently can't play it on a PAL PS3. Download it? Sure. Play? No.

Genius.

Really?! Good job i have a USA PS3 then this time!

We'd been hearing that Sony's new 40GB PS3 featured a revised design with a 65nm Cell processor and improved cooling, but sadly it looks like those reports were in error -- a Sony spokesperson has told Heise Online that the 40GB model continues to use 90mn processors, but does feature an updated design with a lower power consumption of just 120 to 140 watts, compared to 180 to 200 watts for the older models. Sony says its still planning on moving to 65nm processors in the near future, but for now, it looks like the PS3 is 90nm across the board.

www.engadget.com

Uncharted is amazing!

Yeah, I was bit worried just from looking at footage, but actually getting to play it has allayed my fears.

It won't be a revolutionary 10/10 game, but it looks to be a very well produced, solid adventure game, a genre that's been sorely ignored so far this generation. I've already played through the demo several times — I've found Hard to be really nicely balanced — and I'm looking forward to the game's release.

Yeah, I was bit worried just from looking at footage, but actually getting to play it has allayed my fears.

It won't be a revolutionary 10/10 game, but it looks to be a very well produced, solid adventure game, a genre that's been sorely ignored so far this generation. I've already played through the demo several times — I've found Hard to be really nicely balanced — and I'm looking forward to the game's release.

It controls wonderfully doesn't it? To me, it just felt extremely easy to navigate Nate and aim, fire etc..

I played a little bit of the demo, but then realised i didn't want to ruin any of the game so stopped playing it! I'm hopefully getting it for Christmas! I do love a good adventure game on Xmas day! :D

Any one got this cable? If so does it make the PS2 look any better on a HD TV? (LCD) Because the quality of picture seems worse than on my old CRT TV.

A little too much shooting in it for me. I've got plenty of shooters and wanted something with a few more platforms and puzzles along the way. I hope the final version is like this.

Only way it's going to look better is through the PS3 I'm afraid, or some upscaling device. I run my PS2 games on my PS3 now *strokes emotion engine usa PS3*

If anyone is looking for some cheap PS2 games I've just put up loads for sale on the trades board including Okami, Tomb Raider Anniversary & Burnout Dominator among others so go have a look-see!!!:)

DivX support is coming! FUCK YEAH!!! This is awesome *looks at downloaded tv programs and anime*

*grooves out to Voodoo People Remix by Pendulum*

DivX support is coming! FUCK YEAH!!! This is awesome *looks at downloaded tv programs and anime*

*grooves out to Voodoo People Remix by Pendulum*

Wow, that is making me look at the console again. I could watch really high quality scrubs episodes as soon as they come out stateside in complete comfort. I gotta say, slowly but surely this console is winning me over.

Uncharted just got 9/10 on Eurogamer, better than Assassin's Creed then, lol

9.1 on IGN

Haven't played Assasins Creed...yet, but judging by the Uncharted demo, it deserves those scores!

Thw PS3 has outsold the Wii in Japan this week by over 20,000 units (early figures)!

Due to the launch of the new 40GB model which arrived in Japan this week.

Uncharted is apparently incredibly short.

What is it with the PS3 games this christmas being all flash and very short in length?

Playable demos of DMC 4 and Resi Evil 5 on Blu Ray "Resident Evil: Extinction"?

After much criticism was levelled at Sony for including a costly Blu-ray player inside its PlayStation 3 console, forthcoming Blu-ray movie release Resident Evil: Extinction is finally going to put it to good use.

The Russell Mulcahy-directed film, which received both commercial and some critical praise during its time at the box office, is to include playable PlayStation 3 demos of forthcoming games Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4.

Due for release in the New Year, the Blu-ray disc will also include innovations such as picture-in-picture video commentary and advanced disc search features that are new to the format.

Rumours also suggest the DVD edition will include trailers of the two games, though this is currently unconfirmed.

What is it with the PS3 games this christmas being all flash and very short in length?

i have heard it's 9-10 from tons of sites, pretty average these days.

Sony halved the fees it charges for a software development kit for the PlayStation 3 video game machine Monday to encourage outside designers to make more games for the struggling console.

Sony Corp.'s gaming unit, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., said prices for the development package for the PlayStation 3 will be reduced to US$10,250 in North America, 950,000 yen (US$8,600; euro5,900) in Japan and euro7,500 (US$11,250) in Europe.

ABCNews

It lasts around 10 hours, which is twice the length of Call of Duty 4, and about the same length as Crysis, not bad really. Tomb Raider isn't really that long too, neither is Gears of War, which this game is a mixture of.

It's been getting great reviews though. I love forward to it in dec, just watched the gametrailers review ^_^

But apart from Tomb Raider those games have one thing to increase life span. Multiplayer!

Don't think i've ever posted in the other consoles thread.

Anyway, back to the point. I'm thinking of getting a PS3 (40gb version, as i have no ps2 games to play) and i was just wondering, what are the must have games that i should get?

Oh and i will be playing online.

Cheers :)

But apart from Tomb Raider those games have one thing to increase life span. Multiplayer!

Well I'm happy with 10 hours of gameplay. It's like I have enough games as it is anyway.