NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

"We feel very confident that the PlayStation fan is going to wait until they can get a PlayStation 3. If they do pick up a Wii, it's as more of a novelty." -- Dave Karraker, senior director of corporate communications at Sony Computer Entertainment America, to the Wall Street Journal

:heh:

Taken from 1up.com and i think everyone should read it to see how modest Sony are and how right they always are :p

I don't want the PS3 to launch. Too much hassle, too little stock. Especially as it will be around assignment time. Think Sony will listen to my request?

Completed MGS on PSP

Handheld game of the year

On 1up yours they said the crontrols were crap, is this true?

On 1up yours they said the crontrols were crap, is this true?

The controls are fully customisable. If they failed to notice that, then its their fault.

1up said controls were crap? Can't of been that crap, they gave the game 9.5

". Most of the time, the control scheme works. Sure, it takes some getting used to (use the L trigger to re-center the camera and lock on simultaneously; save the D-pad for adjustments and recon), and it still has some faults (the camera isn't perfect, and the need to hold down multiple buttons and a nub -- such as Triangle, nub, and triggers to slide along a wall and shoot -- occasionally feels clunky), but it's a lot better than expected. "

Doesn't sound like crap. O_o

He said 1up yours, which, to my knowledge, is the podcast.

Could it be that the reviewer of MGS and the person commenting in the podcast were two different people? I'd say so.

He said 1up yours, which, to my knowledge, is the podcast.

Could it be that the reviewer of MGS and the person commenting in the podcast were two different people? I'd say so.

Yeah fierce link is right, they were different people.

The controls were as good as the PSP let it. I couldn't see it getting any better. MGS controls are always perfect.

They weren't moaning about the game so much, but rather how the PSP lets it down control wise and it would be more suited to the PS2.

The controls are fully customisable. If they failed to notice that, then its their fault.

It's entirely possible for a game to let you customise the controls and still have shite controls.

Sony have taken down the fake blog and youtube videos :laughing:

People have mirrored them to extend their humiliation though.

And by the looks of things it's an awesome game. So what is the point of trying to take that away.

"Sega today finally revealed when the PS3 gets it punch on by announcing the game's official release date. Virtua Fighter 5 will ship to North American retailers on February 20. The game will also be part of the European PS3 launch's lineup when the console is released in that region in March."

AWESOME! Virtua Fighter 4: Evo was a bloody awesome fighter. I'm so getting this with my system.

Anyone else having major bluray problems? One of my friends is. Says that he'll need updates that will come with system updates but first the European network needs to be activated. Any suggestions?

"Sega today finally revealed when the PS3 gets it punch on by announcing the game's official release date. Virtua Fighter 5 will ship to North American retailers on February 20. The game will also be part of the European PS3 launch's lineup when the console is released in that region in March."

AWESOME! Virtua Fighter 4: Evo was a bloody awesome fighter. I'm so getting this with my system.

Thats awesome news for the Euro launch. Virtua Fighter series is probably the deepest and best 3D fighting game around.

I just ordered MGS:PO from VGP, can't wait! Should be here before christmas hopefully.

Dont expect to see 20GB models available in europe.

WTF is up with this shit???????:mad:

http://www.gizmocafe.com/blogs/gizmo_cafe_blog/archive/2006/12/18/100902.aspx

So much for being a Novelty...isn't that right Sony >>

What the fuck though? oh it's a Novelty, oh it's a gimmick...oh wait we're Sony so we Take all these things and Say we invented tem..tossers.

That better not be true.

Also, what's with not releasing the 20gb version here? That's arse-crap, what if i wanted to buy a cheaper version?