NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

I am suprised you haven't posted your gamertag in the gamertag thread. Though unless you don't have live. Oh well

My gamertag is there though!!!!!

Hmmm... says a lot in some ways.

I got to get some hands on time with the PS3 recently as it's on display in the Baltic in Newcastle. Don't really know what to say apart from it was exactly what I expected it to be. I was playing an F1 game which handled very nicely (not that I've played many of them) and there was a really nice motion blur effect used if not slightly over used. But yeah the system felt like a PS2 with good graphics really. There's not really much to it than that. Oh yeah, you won't be having to miss those loading screens folks... they're back.

How Motorstorm has changed since E3

Doesn't bode well for Killzone.

Well its a bit unfair because during the sections where there is a first person view, did they not realise you can play the game in a first person view, so technically it looks the same game, the graphics are the same. Overall the same game.

As we all know no gamer alive today could play a game which keeps changing view points like that pre rendered stuff

Ordered 3 more PSP Games! Got Sonic Rivals for £14, DJ MAX Portable (suppose to be awesome and kotaku just made me get it) for £27 and Ridge Racers 2 for £11.

True. But, while people were saying that, Nintendo weren't in such financial trouble. Also: I never heard Financial Analysts saying such things... The most qualified of Nintendo's doommongers are normally just games designers as opposed the financial experts.

I, personally, very much doubt this is the last playstation.

Well its a bit unfair because during the sections where there is a first person view, did they not realize you can play the game in a first person view, so technically it looks the same game, the graphics are the same. Overall the same game.
No it isn't, there's night and day diference; besides Sony said they were running that on a Cell 2.4 GHz (PS3 has one clocked @ 3.2 GHz) with dual Geforce 6800 GT chips in SLI mode. supposedly inferior setting than the final PS3.

Thing is it was all pre-rendered while they were saying that was PS3 graphics. full stop. whether that is possible or not in any current generation console is not the point. The point is they lied and their fans believe in them, that's a very bad attitude towards them, it's also promising more than they can deliver.

Heavenly Sword was also shown running with all those characters on-screen (hundreds) what sony forgot to tell is that it was indeed running in PS3 hardware; at 4 frames per second.

Newer images of the game have fewer characters on-screen and we've yet to see such large landscapes. The game is next gen, but sony promised way more than that.

Above all... Sony is being a victim of their own lies, and I hope it seriously prejudices them, in order for them to never ever do it again.

Finally something well done by sony, they must be feeling the pressure:

Gran Turismo HD Now Free Download, GT5 Re-Announced

Today, Sony Japan stated that Gran Turismo HD wouldn't exist as a stand-alone game, but rather, as a free download. The game, now called Gran Turismo HD Concept will hit the PlayStation Store December 24th. The reason being? Many elements of it are already incorporated into Gran Turismo 5. When we visited Polyphonic Digital during TGS, series creator Kazunori Yamauchi said that GT HD connected GT4 and GTA5. His exact quote:

Gran Turismo HD is the bridge to GT5, there would be no GT5 without this game.

In an online statement, Yamauchi says that he and his team have decided to concentrate on Gran Turismo 5 instead and adds that there will be more concept versions hitting the PlayStation Store before GT 5 is released. The release date for that game hasn't yet been announced. Brian Ashcraft

Source: http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/gran-turismo-hd-now-free-download-gt5-reannounced-218529.php

We don't know if the micro-transactions for cars and tracks are still in that plan though.

GT5 will not have microtransactions.

This is a response to backlash from fans who want to play GT in HD but don't want to pay as you go.

As a result it's a concept download for free.

On another note Studio Liverpool have been working hard.

formula-one-championship-edition-20061201080330120.jpg

More at IGN like with rain and shit.

GT5 will not have microtransactions.

This is a response to backlash from fans who want to play GT in HD but don't want to pay as you go.

As a result it's a concept download for free.

On another note Studio Liverpool have been working hard.

formula-one-championship-edition-20061201080330120.jpg

More at IGN like with rain and shit.

I heard only the game itself will be a free download, there was no mention that the cars and tracks would be free too.

“For some reason I wasn’t thinking about my wound, I was all about those PlayStations.”

the guy that got shot over a PS3 speaks and is retarded:horse:

Source

sorry if this has already been posted.

Sony announced on December 24, 2006, a playable demo named Gran Turismo HD Concept will be available for download on PlayStation Network. Gran Turismo HD Concept will have 10 playable vehicles and 2 race courses; Time Attack, Drift Trial Mode and Online Ranking are available in the demo.

No other add ons with it, just a plain and simple demo.

the guy that got shot over a PS3 speaks and is retarded:horse:

Source

sorry if this has already been posted.

They should have shot him in the face.

Sony announced on December 24, 2006, a playable demo named Gran Turismo HD Concept will be available for download on PlayStation Network. Gran Turismo HD Concept will have 10 playable vehicles and 2 race courses; Time Attack, Drift Trial Mode and Online Ranking are available in the demo.

No other add ons with it, just a plain and simple demo.

Still better than selling it like they did with GT4 Prologue.

a lot of people thought it was the full game.

Die Kutaragi Die!!!!

You too Harison you total knob!

and Hirai, don't try and get people to stop lauging AT you and start laughing WITH you, theres about as much chance of that happening as there is of any sony format catching on.

*breathes deeply* i feel better now :D

Oh how generic. :P

yep :D

gotta love tired regurgitated garbage thought . . . and thats just Kutaragi :P

PS3 US store has:

Crash Bandicoot - 469MB

Cool Boarders - 283MB

Hot Shots Golf 2 - 157MB

Syphon Filter - 385MB

Tekken 2 - 535MB

$5.99

i actually enjoyed Cool Borders 2 when it came out. what happened to the IP?