NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

you have too much money, you buy games, then sit back and get bored of the console, then theres a resurgence and your happy then you want to sell the console or something its scarily bipolar.

LOL I wasn't a fan of 360, then some good games came out and I've loved it ever since. I've always loved Wii and Zelda so far, I was just concerned at the lack of games over the next few months, and I've just said I don't know if PS3 is worth it, I think I might just stick with the 360.

People just like to have a dig at Sony, and that my friend IS ANNOYING. But whatever at the end of it I'll be the one playing the games I want to play, including all those lovely RPGs.

i've been digging at Sony because i expected PSP to be a decent console with some good releases, i expected it to be slow at first and then to pick up but it really hasn't.

even you can name about 5 games at the most that are just about worth considering getting for the PSP whereas there are loads more anyone could name for DS. my point is Sony have really done PSP a disservice, it deserved to be pushed a lot harder then it has and one of the main reasons for keeping my PSP would've been the PSone downloadable games but oh wait you need a PS3 to do that even though you can't play the on PS3.

i understand Sony need PS3 to do well but i really can't see it happening with what has been currently announced for the system. Sony have just been pissing me and a lot of people off recently and i'm just letting this out is all by making these criticisms. you could argue that its wrong to draw comparisons between a portable and a home console but there are loads of similarities between PSP and DS that its hard not to, also it says alot about Sonys attitude which is why i'm still so shocked that people still like have to stick up for them, its frustrating in the way that in the emperors new clothes only the little boy could see the truth.

i've been digging at Sony because i expected PSP to be a decent console with some good releases, i expected it to be slow at first and then to pick up but it really hasn't.

even you can name about 5 games at the most that are just about worth considering getting for the PSP whereas there are loads more anyone could name for DS. my point is Sony have really done PSP a disservice, it deserved to be pushed a lot harder then it has and one of the main reasons for keeping my PSP would've been the PSone downloadable games but oh wait you need a PS3 to do that even though you can't play the on PS3.

Here are some of the awesome PSP games: Ridge Racer, WipEout Pure, Lumines and Lumines II, GTA: Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories, Daxter, Syphon Filter Dark Mirror, Killzone Liberation, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Tekken: Dark Resurrection, LocoRoco. I've enjoyed some others that weren't rated as good as these, like Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai and Tales Of Eternia.

Also, about the PSX emulation, I'm playing Gran Turismo 2 on my PSP and I don't have a PS3.

No metter what you people say, PS3 will have many great games like the PS2 did, and that's a fact. Yes, right now the only games I'd buy if I had a PS3 would be Resistance and Ridge Racer 7 but more great games will come out, just look how long it took the 360 to get it's killer ap, Gears Of War.

Here are some of the awesome PSP games: Ridge Racer, WipEout Pure, Lumines and Lumines II, GTA: Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories, Daxter, Syphon Filter Dark Mirror, Killzone Liberation, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Tekken: Dark Resurrection, LocoRoco. I've enjoyed some others that weren't rated as good as these, like Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai and Tales Of Eternia.

Also, about the PSX emulation, I'm playing Gran Turismo 2 on my PSP and I don't have a PS3.

No metter what you people say, PS3 will have many great games like the PS2 did, and that's a fact. Yes, right now the only games I'd buy if I had a PS3 would be Resistance and Ridge Racer 7 but more great games will come out, just look how long it took the 360 to get it's killer ap, Gears Of War.

what i was talking about was that there aren't many PSP games coming out in the future unlike whats on the horizon for DS.

360 had Oblivion a couple of months after launch, it had Kameo and PDZ which were both decent-much like resistance is- but it had DOA4, Call of Duty 2 and PGR3 which were all really great games at launch.

What way are you managing to get PSone games on your PSP without a PS3 because i haven't looked into it too much on account of me having sold my PSP due to not liking the then announced future releases.

i will get a PSP again just for Lumines 2 though-i adore that game-but not till Sony cuts the price or releases a new version. Wonder how long off a PSP 2 announcement is . . . lmao joke

Well I own about 17 PSP games (I own about 28ish DS games) Don't get me wrong. I've always said to everyone and my mates that the DS is the better GAMING console. So if you can only afford one get that one, but people who like games and can get one should. There's some nice experiences to be found on the PSP. I got one for games like Lumines 1 and 2, Gunpey, MGS, Ridge Racer, Loco Roco, GTA, Syphon Filter, Tekken, Daxter.

Obviously there are less known titles that don't really get known. DJ MAX Portable is a fantastic game for the PSP and I'd like to try that Mercury sequel, looks quite good, just no money to buy it at the moment. :( Yes there is more DS games I look forward to (PHOENIX WOOO!) but there's still plenty I want for my PSP too. It might be because I just love to play games no matter what, but I could never sell my PSP now. I've already mentioned some of the games I look forward to.

The thing is that if the PS3 sells more than the 360 in Japan (Which it will ALWAYS) then it will get a lot of Japanese developers. Some games might get released on the 360, but when the PS3 has been out a while, just like with the PS2, the catalogue will grow immensely.

Oh and I've gotta say ta for the discussion, alot of idiots just like to say crap and call each other noobs or fanboys.

what i was talking about was that there aren't many PSP games coming out in the future unlike whats on the horizon for DS.

360 had Oblivion a couple of months after launch, it had Kameo and PDZ which were both decent-much like resistance is- but it had DOA4, Call of Duty 2 and PGR3 which were all really great games at launch.

What way are you managing to get PSone games on your PSP without a PS3 because i haven't looked into it too much on account of me having sold my PSP due to not liking the then announced future releases.

i will get a PSP again just for Lumines 2 though-i adore that game-but not till Sony cuts the price or releases a new version. Wonder how long off a PSP 2 announcement is . . . lmao joke

Thats a good question actually. What is on the horizon for the DS?

I want at least 10 games, and they cannot include pokemon or zelda.

The thing is that if the PS3 sells more than the 360 in Japan (Which it will ALWAYS) then it will get a lot of Japanese developers. Some games might get released on the 360, but when the PS3 has been out a while, just like with the PS2, the catalogue will grow immensely.

it will grow but the vast majority of games will be multiformat. the cost issues of making a PS3 game and the installed userbase and popularity of the 360 in the west is causing many Japanese companies to change their focus a little and be more aware of foreign markets. an example would be Capcoms recent 360 showing and support and VF5 coming to 360.

Thats a good question actually. What is on the horizon for the DS?

I want at least 10 games, and they cannot include pokemon or zelda.

how can you say no Pokemon or Zelda-that'd be lik saying name 10 good PSP games coming out but no MGS or Final Fanatsy lol

well thats 2- Pokemon and Zelda, Mario vs Donkey Kong 2, Gunpey, FF XII spin off (can't remember its name), Dragon Quest Joker, Dragon Quest IX, Final Fantasy III, Starfox, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, Kirby Squeak Squad, Contact, Pheonix Wright (theres 2 more for DS), Elite Beat Agents-is that 10? lol

it will grow but the vast majority of games will be multiformat. the cost issues of making a PS3 game and the installed userbase and popularity of the 360 in the west is causing many Japanese companies to change their focus a little and be more aware of foreign markets. an example would be Capcoms recent 360 showing and support and VF5 coming to 360.

how can you say no Pokemon or Zelda-that'd be lik saying name 10 good PSP games coming out but no MGS or Final Fanatsy lol

well thats 2- Pokemon and Zelda, Mario vs Donkey Kong 2, Gunpey, FF XII spin off (can't remember its name), Dragon Quest Joker, Dragon Quest IX, Final Fantasy III, Starfox, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, Pheonix Wright (theres 2 more for DS), Elite Beat Agents-is that 10? lol

I said dont name zelda and pokemon because im getting them.

Ive already got Castlevania, phoenix wright im getting, but thats it.

Starfox is rubbish, im not an rpg fan.

I said dont name zelda and pokemon because im getting them.

Ive already got Castlevania, phoenix wright im getting, but thats it.

Starfox is rubbish, im not an rpg fan.

Thats personal taste then, you'll find something you want on the DSs release lists. this isn't a discussion about find dabookerman games to play :p

Thats personal taste then, you'll find something you want on the DSs release lists. this isn't a discussion about find dabookerman games to play :p

I did a bit of searching. I can add one more game to the list

Sim City.

Thats it.

I think the list needs more 2D Metroid games and Castlevania.

I think the list needs more 2D Metroid games and Castlevania.

hey Castlevania: PoR isn't out here so its still kinda on the horizon, and there was that Metroid Dread game but its been scrapped i think. . .

hey Castlevania: PoR isn't out here so its still kinda on the horizon, and there was that Metroid Dread game but its been scrapped i think. . .

I have it already:P

It is a badass game, that every DS owner must have.

If they dont get it, they are part of the problem

I have it already:P

It is a badass game, that every DS owner must have.

If they dont get it, they are part of the problem

we're going a lil off topic but i haven't finished Dawn of Sorrow yet . . . *prepares to have head bitten off by rabid dabookerman*

we're going a lil off topic but i haven't finished Dawn of Sorrow yet . . . *prepares to have head bitten off by rabid dabookerman*

No no, you own the game thats good enough.

No no, you own the game thats good enough.

phew *wipes beads of sweat from brow*

Well, it's not legal, I convert my PSX games on the PC and then transfer them to my PSP via USB.

I have Dawn Of Sorrow but haven't played it much.

I only have one Castlevania game, that was the PSX game Symphony of the Night. I finished it but didn't really think that much of it. It was an alright game but in the back of my mind I just felt it was a inferior Metroid style game set in Medieval times. So i've not played one since, although some people say the DS ones play a little different and don't feel as Metroidish in design.

I only have one Castlevania game, that was the PSX game Symphony of the Night. I finished it but didn't really think that much of it. It was an alright game but in the back of my mind I just felt it was a inferior Metroid style game set in Medieval times. So i've not played one since, although some people say the DS ones play a little different and don't feel as Metroidish in design.

Can i have it please.

When did the series change? Im sure back on the NES and SNES Castlevania was just a platformer. I tried playing DOS but I couldnt get into it, felt too much like Metroid which im not a big fan of.

When did the series change? Im sure back on the NES and SNES Castlevania was just a platformer. I tried playing DOS but I couldnt get into it, felt too much like Metroid which im not a big fan of.

When IGA first made SOTN

Thats when Castlevania because Metroidvania or as i like to call it, fuckingawesomevania.

A lot of my love goes to the most beautiful piece of artwork that has spawned from the series. Thank god Portrait and Dawn are great games, or else they would to the back of the cupboard.

Sony is soooooooooooooooooooo crap. PS3 iS expensive lol and they hate children i hat the psp it has like 2 games on it lol. blu ray is going to die liker UMD'S and its really expensive llol. I heard sony added 200 pounds onto the ps3 price because they hate customers and they cut the number of units in america because they have a grude because of world war 2 lol. not onkly that but the os3 has no good launch games unlike the wi wich has zelda and.... lol.

Am I cool now?

Sony is soooooooooooooooooooo crap. PS3 iS expensive lol and they hate children i hat the psp it has like 2 games on it lol. blu ray is going to die liker UMD'S and its really expensive llol. I heard sony added 200 pounds onto the ps3 price because they hate customers and they cut the number of units in america because they have a grude because of world war 2 lol. not onkly that but the os3 has no good launch games unlike the wi wich has zelda and.... lol.

Am I cool now?

You have instantly become a potential Mod

Thanks for that Dabookerman. Isnt SOTN the one on the PSONE that goes for an insane amount on ebay?

NO IT IS NOT, it goes for DIRT CHEAP.