Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

Evil Avatar sez this:

[T]he lack of HDMI output makes this pretty much a non-starter for anyone hoping to actually use the PS3's Blu-ray drive for anything more than playing games. Sure, we can understand Sony not wanting to undercut sales of its own dedicated Blu-ray players by offering the $500 PS3 as a cheaper alternative. But if the company was hoping to use the gaming platform as a way to build a base of fans for HD discs, chances are the strategy is going to backfire the first time someone tries playing a Blu-ray flick in their 20GB version and discovers that the unit's lack of HDMI limits them to analog 1080i output.

In other words, [the $499] version of the PS3 will not be able to play Blu-ray Disk movies because only HDMI supports HDCP copyright protection.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man this is shit, ive just woken up in such a bad mood i feel like crap.

i cant belive they done this...

I hope Reggie begins the Nintendo PC by saying something like "now here at nintendo, were not here to bring you cheap gimmics, SHIT games, SHABBY ripp-offs, or something to store your bread in, were just here to kick some ass"

Or something like that, he wont but i hoep he does....

On a more positive note, this sounds like fun.

He showed how players physically place trading cards, each encrypted with a "cybercode" (is it 1992?), on a game board, with their hands visible on screen. Animated monsters then emerge from the cards, and have a fight - each has its own unique skillset which determines the outcome of the battle. Then he put another card down and a duck appeared and everyone laughed.

okay im back after quite the sleepless night.........I just cant believe Sony

Thay think they can do what they like. Postpone their launch so that they can see what the other Companies come up with, tweak their ideas a bit, and call it their own.

I however have calmed down - very much in fact. Nintendo WILL have pre-empted this steal and have at least 1 more BIG surprise for us.

I dont think that the secret is the speaker in the Wii-mote, I think it has something to do with the console itself. I also think that Nintendo are gonna freak Sony out by launching up to 2 months before them.

The 15th September is 8 weeks before November 11th.........i reckon thats the earliest date we'll see Wii in Europe (I reckon 22nd Sept is a good bet).

With their 14 week launch window, that means July 7th for Japan, August 11th for North America and 22nd September in Europe.

What do people think?

okay im back after quite the sleepless night.........I just cant believe Sony

Thay think they can do what they like. Postpone their launch so that they can see what the other Companies come up with, tweak their ideas a bit, and call it their own.

I however have calmed down - very much in fact. Nintendo WILL have pre-empted this steal and have at least 1 more BIG surprise for us.

I dont think that the secret is the speaker in the Wii-mote, I think it has something to do with the console itself. I also think that Nintendo are gonna freak Sony out by launching up to 2 months before them.

The 15th September is 8 weeks before November 11th.........i reckon thats the earliest date we'll see Wii in Europe (I reckon 22nd Sept is a good bet).

With their 14 week launch window, that means July 7th for Japan, August 11th for North America and 22nd September in Europe.

What do people think?

The dates are too in the summer. I think September/October for Japan, USA, Europe isn't out of the questions though. :hehe:

Owen, please dont expect a secret, youre setting yourself up for a big fall. The only announcements will be games and the online service, and be happy with that, the controller is the BIG thing about the revolution.

How can you be so sure?

Ok i've thought about, i've the IGN comparision article, i've calmed down, the Wiimote has MUCH more potential than the PS3 "tilttroller", now all "Wii/we" have to do is make sure the "general" public know this so they don't think the PS3 can do the same as the Wii, i've already emailed some mates/cousins of mine saying about the PS3 controller reveal and a link to the IGN comparision article

Oh and i must say the best part of the sony conference was being here posting and interacting with the R-E community, now that was class, now lets all get charged up for more of the same come 5:30

Oh and i must say the best part of the sony conference was being here posting and interacting with the R-E community, now that was class, now lets all get charged up for more of the same come 5:30

Agreed that was definitely the best part!

But i sadly wont be able to get on here later on.....:nono:......ill should be on hopefully a little after the Ninty conf........:laughing:

Im back and Im calm now. The IGN article really does help. I will tell you though it was really hard to not drink all my absinthe. Sony copied Nintendo and nearly ruined one of the best drinking experiences I will ever have. Im still up for a Sony Centre mosh pit though.

Well looking at the upcoming PSP games shown at the conference I must say its future is looking poor. Glad I never bought one.

Very poor indeed... Sony seem to think that they can win just by releasing the same old crap on the PSP... but its not working... and yeah im glad i never brought one either.

Well after getting 4 hours sleep im back. I have calmed down now after this whole fiasco and im not worried or angry anymore. The fact is like it said in the IGN article Nintendo Wii is far more ahead of the tilt function in the PS3 pad and with Nintendo and their 1st party games come tonight everything will be made all better.

I haven't slept just got in from work, I've been up since 6:30 AM yesterday, its 5:20 AM now. And I'm gonna be up as soon as possible to start reading the news of nintendo's conference.

Owen, please dont expect a secret, youre setting yourself up for a big fall. The only announcements will be games and the online service, and be happy with that, the controller is the BIG thing about the revolution.

I have to agree :$ I don't think theres anything else..unless BigTac knows theres something else? ::shrug:

Isn't the final secret that the Wii-Mote has sound recording?

Not being horrible but this won't impress alot of people, it's good don't get me wrong, but not enough to set the gaming-world elite!

There has to be something else!

Oh and well-done guys (everyone) reading the comments from the start to the end of the conference was superb! It was excellent! Oh how i laughed! :laughing:

You read all 34 pages man, how long it take you to read it all?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!