N-Europe

Favourite...Chocolate Bar!

Atomic Boo

Since we had the kit kat ledgends thread, whilst still on this topic, i thought we should make a chocolate bar thread. Maybe its the peanut butter lion bar? Ive never tried it myself but i used to love the Fuse chocolate bar, unfortunately though, i cant find them anywhere anymore! :(

fuse.JPG

if anyone knows if they are still made please tell me.

But anyway whats your favourite chocolate bar?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally depends on the mood.

but one I always go back to is this one and it's variations (honeycomb especially):

nestleYorkiePinkWrapper.jpg

Can anyone recommend any fair trade bars that are like really raw flavoured chocolates.. not the refined smooth stuff that we get in the UK? I know the co-op has been stocking some lately.. not tried them though.

The nestle double berry/cream/chocolate series was also rather tasty.. quite luxurious for a 45p bar and totally on par with something you'd expect from Thornton's or Lindt. and Milka bars are real tasty too.. I think it's because the milk.. But I think Yorkie remains champion.

I remember those honeycomb yorkies....they were so good!!! The one thing I never did get was their advertising....only for men???

Yorkie was launched in 1976 to take on brands such as Cadbury’s Dairy Milk and provide a chunkier alternative to the slimmed down Dairy Milk bars.

Names originally under consideration for Yorkie included "O’Hara", "Trek" and "Rations".

Within two years of its launch, Yorkie topped 13 thousand tonnes and became firmly established as a big, solid, chunky eat, uniquely for men. Advertising reflected this with macho imagery - lorry drivers who take it one chunk at a time.

Yorkie still holds these values today but was relaunched in 1994 as a hunger satisfying bar.

Yorkie is also the official confectionery sponsor for the FA Premier League and Soccer AM. Throughout the season, Yorkie is advertised on perimeter boards at all FA Premier League matches as well as FA Cup, Worthington Cup, UEFA Cup and European Cup Winners’ Cup matches involving FA Premier League clubs.

Yorkie 'Not For Girls' pack

YORKIE - "IT'S NOT FOR GIRLS"

In 2001 the Yorkie "It’s Not for Girls" campaign was launched because, in today’s society, there aren’t many things that a man can look at and say that’s for him. (err wtf..)

The 'Not For Girls' campaign theme for Yorkie uses humour, which resonates with today’s British male and simply states that Yorkie is positioning itself as a chocolate bar for men who need a satisfying hunger buster. With five solid chunks of chocolate, it’s a man sized eat!

Can anyone recommend any fair trade bars that are like really raw flavoured chocolates.. not the refined smooth stuff that we get in the UK? I know the co-op has been stocking some lately.. not tried them though.

'Dubbles' are awesome and fair trade. I love them, I can get them at school for 60p...

This thread needs a little sophistication.

Green and Black's is the fastest growing chocolate confectionery brand in the UK. A 100g bar of Green & Black's Fair Trade Gold Dark Chocolate sells for £1.09 (US$2.03), which is roughly the price of a 300g Cadbury's Dairy Milk bar. Green and Black's has also extended its brand into ice cream, hot chocolate and biscuits.

Seems cool, they're organic.. fair trade and it's pretty tasty stuff I hear. It's a bummer that it costs £1 for 100gs though.. but that beats what lindt charge considerably.

I just wont share it as much as I do with other chocolates.. I think Green and Black's seems quite cool.. while it's been bought out buy a global corporation it's still run by a small group of 12 people and they've not changed the formula to the product.. just marketed it so it is more available in bigger shops like Tesco and Woolworths.

Yeah, they were fit as fuck. Do they still do them anywhere?

I doubt it. They always kill off the best chocolate bars.

Add Dime bars to that list, Galaxy Caramels too. Lion Bars. Let us not forget the legendary FINGER OF FUDGE. I firmly believe a Mars Bar is best eaten when of the ice cream variety

Green and Black's is the fastest growing chocolate confectionery brand in the UK. A 100g bar of Green & Black's Fair Trade Gold Dark Chocolate sells for £1.09 (US$2.03), which is roughly the price of a 300g Cadbury's Dairy Milk bar. Green and Black's has also extended its brand into ice cream, hot chocolate and biscuits.

Stop copying and pasting. It's getting annoying.