Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Pulp fiction 10/10

What can be said? It's a classic. But I just saw the first time yesterday.

"Royale with cheese"

While Pulp Fiction is excellent, I actually think Dogs is the better movie. it's like the good stuff from pulp fiction condensed into a shorter film.

While Pulp Fiction is excellent, I actually think Dogs is the better movie. it's like the good stuff from pulp fiction condensed into a shorter film.

Well I haven't seen that so I cannot tell :) Was reservoir dogs the movie that was inspired by some japanese film?

Well I haven't seen that so I cannot tell :) Was reservoir dogs the movie that was inspired by some japanese film?

not that i know of. It's fekkin ace though. a bunch of profesional crooks attept a jewl heist and kinds of shit kicks off- the film is set after and before the heist as they try and figure out what went wrong and why. It's really, really good. the dialogue is like Pulp Fiction but the story is better and it's more concise.

Shaft (2004)

When I saw this film the first time I thought it was pretty average but it has constantly grown on me. I really like the performances of Samuel L. Jackson and Christian Bale, they fit their roles perfectly. I also like the atmosphere and all that different characters, especially peoples is very interesting and the whole plot is great too. However, it lacks a bit in coolness and the bad guy can't aim while Shaft always hits.

7/10

HULK

It's almost as if these guys purged the comic book movie template of everything that made Spiderman 2 great, then substituted anything that made it function as a motion picture with banality and dull, disengaging dialogue. I'm a fan of this sort of book to screen translation so, even though I'd heard apocalyptical whisperings, I was very much the uninformed, persecuted Jew being promised clemency only to be led to a grim and heartbreaking end. I honestly thought I was being punished.

The Fast and the Furious

This film has a pretty weak story, yet it could entertain me a lot. I really like the constant pace at which this film is going, how the car scenes are shot, the music, the tuning... but somehow I thought Paul Walker's performance was sometimes pretty bad and although Vin Diesel isn't a good actor either I found him believable.

7/10

ALADDIN!!!

This has got to be one of the best films ever. Best songs, great art style, voices are perfectly fitted for all the characters and it just always has you wanting more. One of the few films I can watch without sleeping for awhile, and I can't wait to borrow the sequels (though they are meant to be not as good) from a friend if she EVER remembers them.

10/10

Once Upon a Time in America

I love a movie which spans several decades, and this is no exception. A rather long film, yes, but with a rich plot, a well written screenplay and extremely detailed environments of all three periods of time we get a look in, all accompanied by a score by Ennio Morricone himself (need I say more), It was worth sitting through the whole 4 hours (well, sort of. Half and half between today and last week). It is however let down by the some parts being slow and drawn out, aswell as an ambigous and slightly daft ending. Overall, good watch.

7.5/10

Slither

After hearing positive things about it I was expecting a really funny Shaun of the Dead type film but I was very disappointed. Okay, it wasn't terrible, there was the odd funny part and because I was with my mates we had a laugh and enjoyed it but my god was it weird. Felt empty too, misssing a lot, was just full of repetitive zombie scenes at the end as if they ran out of ideas.

4/10

Once Upon a Time in America

I love a movie which spans several decades, and this is no exception. A rather long film, yes, but with a rich plot, a well written screenplay and extremely detailed environments of all three periods of time we get a look in, all accompanied by a score by Ennio Morricone himself (need I say more), It was worth sitting through the whole 4 hours (well, sort of. Half and half between today and last week). It is however let down by the some parts being slow and drawn out, aswell as an ambigous and slightly daft ending. Overall, good watch.

7.5/10

Kudos to you sir.