NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

yeah the book is...intensely written. it goes way beyond a few odd phrases in conversation and, brilliantly, never includes an appendix of terms.*

* might not be true but Burgess intended to keep them out so they should be ignored.

yeah the book is...intensely written. it goes way beyond a few odd phrases in conversation and, brilliantly, never includes an appendix of terms.*

* might not be true but Burgess intended to keep them out so they should be ignored.

Apparently a glossary has since been added/was once added.

The Return

I watched this simply because Sarah Michelle Gellar was in it, and I love her to bits. I expected some horror, but it was much less Horror and way more Psychological. It took a hell of a long time to get going, and even then it wasn't really going fast enough. Had Gellar not been in it, I'd have been so bored. There's just something about her, that keeps me glued to the screen.

Same here, I can't believe some people slag her off! :mad:

I Know What You Did Last Summer

Jennifer Love Hugetits and Sarah Michelle Gellar in one movie running around everywhere...brilliant stuff.

7/10

Same here, I can't believe some people slag her off! :mad:

I Know What You Did Last Summer

Jennifer Love Hugetits and Sarah Michelle Gellar in one movie running around everywhere...brilliant stuff.

7/10

People slag her off? Filth.

Love that movie. 90's horror at it's most fun. Even the sequel wasn't that bad, not counting the third.

His intention was to create a visual representation of Nadsat. In the tricky situation of not being able to use the bulk of the text's descriptive sections in the film, I think it was a very interesting way of doing things.

Could you give an example?

Halloween (Rob Zombie remake)

The first half of the film revolving around Michael Myers' childhood is very well done. The second half is basically a carbon copy of the original. Not sure if thats a good thing or bad but entertaining nonetheless. Malcolm McDowell nails the Dr. Loomis role

8/10

Could you give an example?

In the scene where they fight a rival gang in the first act of the book there's a sense of rythm and dance to the prose. Burgess intentionally structures his sentences to give the effect. The use of Nadsat also beautifies the violence and forces the reader to enjoy it.

In the film Kubrick obviously couldn't use Burgess' elaborate prose and language so he found another visual language to replace it. He uses comical film speeds, set design and exaggerated movements in a dance style to achieve a similar effect to Burgess' prose.

Drag Me To Hell

Awesome. Cheesy, stupid, jumpy, scary, and epic bits. Alison Lohman + Justin Long? Yes. Yes forever.

8/10

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa

I actually really enjoyed it. It was consistantly funny. I loved the dying hole, and the random screaming fish.

7.8/10

Twilight

Ok I admit, I've bought the books and read them, they were actually quite good, might have helped that they are aimed at teenage girls and hey look I'm still just about a teenager! (oh and the girl part too).

The film was alright, it was a chick flick and it did stay on the books as well as it could have done, some bits were changed (one massive conversation that was meant to be in a car was in a field by the sea, odd.)

7/10

The spirit

Holy whatthefuckmaskedman? I mean this film is nice, the effects are interesting and it reminds me massively of sin city, but the storyline is PATHETIC, it dives straight in and has no reall closure, total waste of my time

2/10

The mummy (y'know the third one?)

Didn't like that eve had been changed, she didn't suit the role much at all. The idea behind it was interesting, but I'm not sure if I wasn't paying attention, but it seemed to move very quickly.

4/10

Night at the museum

Love, love, love this film, its funny and has a massive cast. I'm dying to see the next one, which apprently is better

10/10

Terminator 3

Seens bits of it before, and again last night watching it was pretty hard going so I just watched the last 45mins or so.

Real let down.

2/10

Terminator 3

Seens bits of it before, and again last night watching it was pretty hard going so I just watched the last 45mins or so.

Real let down.

2/10

I concur, but to be honest I've never been much of a fan of the Terminator films anyway.

I concur, but to be honest I've never been much of a fan of the Terminator films anyway.

How you can lump the third Terminator in with the previous 2 absolutely briliant ones is baffling.

EEVIL doesn't like his arnie/movies to take themselves too seriously.

How you can lump the third Terminator in with the previous 2 absolutely briliant ones is baffling.

There's just something about the whole lot which I'm not feeling.

Arnie doesn't really do much. Well... noone really does much in the films.

never been much of a fan of the Terminator films anyway.

Are you mad?

''It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.''

Are you mad?

"According to my last psych evaluation, Yes."

''It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.''

Oooh, sounds like me.

The Wrestler

Very good. Very, very good. The ending kind of creeps up on you though. It felt like it should go on for a bit longer. It deserves the scores on the box (6x5/5)

9/10

Night at the Museum 2

Loved it, definitely better than the first.

8/10

Io Non Ho Paura

One of my Italian exams is to write an essay discussing the book and film, and how well they portray certain things. So I'm watching it for the 5th or so time. Not as great as the book, but I love the imagery.

8.5/10

Up

An absolute delight. Possibly the best Pixar production, it's an instant summer classic.

9/10

sm07-745805.jpg

A very Sam Raimi film.

The most horrifying thing about the whole film is that she really just does not deserve any of that punishment and NO FUCKING WAAAAAY!! did she deserve to be condemned to Hell for eternity, because eternity isn't a long time it just is.

8/10