NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Kevin Costner stars. Brilliant movie, extra long directors cut of the movie as well which means more action and more in depth story to an already deep movie.

10/10

Slumdog Millionaire

Pretty good. I liked the story and how it linked with the millionaire show. It was also very sweet and showed some insight into India's slums which was interesting. I wouldn't say it was amazing as the critics do, but its definitely a good watch.

8/10

Fight Club

Thought this was really good. All 3 main actors were very good, though the monotony of Norton's narration probably meant I missed the finer details of some of the stuff he was describing.

Liked the story, not what I was expecting. Kinda nihlistic and scary though.

Didn't see the twist coming actually, though I now remember hearing something about it AGES ago.

9/10

Fight Club convinced me Brad Pitt is really talented.

Unfortunately, he's been doing his best to prove me wrong ever since.

Ghostbusters

Hmm, yeah nostalgia and all that, but I think I look back fonder on the cartoon series if I'm honest!

It's an enjoyable watch, but not one I'm crazy about.

6.9/10

Ecto1 is SO frickin' cool though, I love it!

Fight Club convinced me Brad Pitt is really talented.

Unfortunately, he's been doing his best to prove me wrong ever since.

I've read nor seen nothing truer all day.

What? That's like crossing the road if you saw Jesus coming.

Judas.

Good man. 3D still looks incredibly tacky. I'd probably give the film a 7.5/10. It's by far the best Dreamworks animated film since Shrek 2.

Yeah I just figured that wearing glasses (that would almsot certainly have some kind of bump or crease in) would ruin the enjoyment and distract from the film.

The Haunting In Conneticut

OMG would basically sum it up. It wasn't the best film by a longshot, but it made me jump so many freaking times. A mate kept grabbing my leg everytime she got freaked, which then made me jump even more...which didn't help.

Plus, when they guy said "I can feel him inside me every night" I burst into uncontrollable laughter. Yes, I'm a 12 year old.

Scare factor - 9

Don't care I need to see this film this week. Probably Tuesday. Molly/Spenno please come with me. I'm scared. :(

Is Amanda Crew hot in it/ Well yeah she obviously is but like....any bewbs/she talk a lot/I love her/so much etc.

Ghostbusters

Hmm, yeah nostalgia and all that, but I think I look back fonder on the cartoon series if I'm honest!

It's an enjoyable watch, but not one I'm crazy about.

6.9/10

Retro.....

Why do you build me up

build me up

buttercup baby just to let me down.

You're one of the coolest DOO0o0o0o0o0ods evaaaar and then you throw a spin ball like this at me?

C'mmmaaaaannnn.

Shrek The Third

Not as good as Shrek or Shrek 2 but it wasn't as bad as I'd thought would be. The story wasn't as strong as in the other two but there was still a lot to love about the movie and it had me laughing several times throughout. It felt a little short but there were some great characters.

5 Bears out of 7. :D

Yeah I just figured that wearing glasses (that would almsot certainly have some kind of bump or crease in) would ruin the enjoyment and distract from the film.

The glasses are actually quite good. They're not the flimsy old cardboard things you used to get. Theyre plastic now and the lenses are quite tough. I managed to wear them over my normal glasses with no distraction whatsoever.

Star Wars Original Trilogy

I finally watched them back to back. It was special. Awesome films, although I watched the ones that have clearly been reworked. It was a bit annoying going from retro looking puppets to modern looking CGI.

9/10

Mulholland Drive

10/10

Yes.

That is all that needs to be said.

Retro.....

Why do you build me up

build me up

buttercup baby just to let me down.

You're one of the coolest DOO0o0o0o0o0ods evaaaar and then you throw a spin ball like this at me?

C'mmmaaaaannnn.

I LOVE Ghostbusters and all, but I just didn't enjoy it as much this time for whatever reason.

Kramer vs Kramer [i think that's what it was called]

Was nothing on TV last night so I just decided to watch this on BBC1, with Dustin Hofman and Meryl Streep, and I really enjoyed it.

Emotional story, great acting, such a great relationship between Father and his Son.

7.9/10

Edited by Retro_Link

The Bucket List

They couldn't have picked two better actors. I would go as far to say that this is the best role either of them have played, possibly with the exception of Shawshank. It manages to be both massively sad and positively happy at the same time.

9.5/10

Blue Velvet

I've now watched all the normally acclaimed David Lynch films. It was very good, more Twin Peaks than Earserhead, but Lynch is a verstile director/writer. I loved it. Great villain in Dennis Hopper, and a sexy but distrubing take on the american underbelly of suburbia.

Also, I might start the I Love Laura Dern fan club. Once I see Wild At Heart 9also by Lynch), I'll decide. I mean, just look at her face! She's brilliant. She radiates. Pretty much my favourite person ever.

610x.jpg

She just screams, "I-I-I am a M-I-L-F don' you fohgeyt!"

9/10

Wild At Heart, in my opinion, is massively overlooked. It's a great, typically lynch-like atmospheric movie. Willem DaFoe's character is utterly repulsive... I guess the fact that nicolas cage actually sings is enough for most people.

Wild At Heart, in my opinion, is massively overlooked. It's a great, typically lynch-like atmospheric movie. Willem DaFoe's character is utterly repulsive... I guess the fact that nicolas cage actually sings is enough for most people.

It's next on my list, and unlike Blue Velvet, actually avaialbe in stores! (at least here)

It's cheaper online though. After that it's Lost Highway and The Elephant Man.

Is Dune worth watching?

Children of Men

Loved every minute of it. Emmanuel Lubezki was robbed of the Cinematography Oscar. Bafta got it right once again.

9.5/10

Dune is depressing and overly long. If you're watching it for Lynch i'd say skip it, might interest you if you're a fan of the book though.

Autumn Sonata

The one and only time that Ingrid Bergman worked with Ingmar Bergman, and purely to save on poster space. Typical Bergman, fantastic as ever, things just came to easy to him. He deals with such tough subjects in his films but I never feel like they over power the characters.

9/10

Now onto the real quality.

Yes Man

Shlocky comedy with Jim Carey and Zooey Deschanel. Deschanel is on auto-pilot here, being effortlessly beautiful whilst spinning a web of zany zany kooky girl lies. Carey is working at 200% trying to clamber through the contrived nonsense that he's been handed but it comes off as over acting and it all turns out all right in the end.

He should have just read the small print that you didn't have to say YES to everything.

3/10 [1 for the hotness of Deschanel. 1 for Rhys Darby, because he is so likeable]

New In Town

Renee Zellweger is a career minded city girl who has lost touch with her heart and soul, so she goes to Minnesota where some simpletons teach her that people really do matter and it's not all about high heels and corporate candy canes.

Sickening.

0/10

^What he said. Dune is an epic set of books that are held in high regard by lots of sci-fi fans, and the film fairly good to watch stoned... but it treads that line that separates the awesome from the boring...

Edited by jayseven
semantics

Borat

The Bruno trailer got me in the mood to watch this again. It's still genius. It's sheer comedy gold mixed with some quite shocking interviews/public reactions. I can't recommend this film enough. I think it might actually be my favourite comedy film ever.

9.5/10

Religulous

Documentary with Bill Maher and Directed by Larry Charles about the absurdity of religion and the danger that it represents. It was a bit too lighthearted in places, I felt he should have strayed away from the comedy at times, but overall it was very enjoyable and very informative. Though the section about the Muslim faith seemed ill researched and faintly offensive.

7/10

Monsters Vs Aliens

Fantastic animation from Dreamworks, with loveable characters, especially B.O.B and Dr Cockroach, and lots of laugh. However, the enemy was weak and the final act wasn't to the same standard as the rest of the movie, but still one of the best animation's in years.

8/10

The Bucket List

It kept me watching, but I didn't care about neither Freeman or Nicholson's characters. Nothing special.

4/10

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Not too sure what I witnessed, but I did enjoy it. Worth a re-watch someday.

7/10

The Wild and Meet The Robinsons

Borrowed these off my cousin, but unlike the majority of CGI animated films, they were defintley directed at under 7's only, not the whole family. Gave up on both after 30 minutes.

The House Bunny

If Anna Faris is in it, I know I'll love it. I've seen this a few times now, and it still makes me laugh. I just love how she basically plays the same character in every movie she's in...usually that would be utterly boring, but she's just so loveable.

"OMG! MY HEART'S POUNDING LIKE A NAIL!"

Hilarious/10

The House Bunny

Hilarious/10

i managed to watch half an hour of it befoire it was unanamously declaired a crime against humanity and turned off. i would rather watch barbra windser take a shit.