NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Monsters Vs. Aliens

Very meh film. 3D effects were mildly entertaining for about the first 10 minutes but couldn't hide the fact it was a very weak film. Nowhere near the quality of anything from Pixar. Big name stars doing voices in an animation always seems a bit pointless too...

3 out of 5 (at most)

i managed to watch half an hour of it befoire it was unanamously declaired a crime against humanity and turned off. i would rather watch barbra windser take a shit.

Actually, I'd watch that. Mainly just to say that I had seen it. Plus it might make an interesting story if I ever saw her on TV.

Ronin

No massively awesome scenes, just a constant level of above-averageness. Definately a good film for people who like car chases and watching well planned hijackings.

7.5/10

Monsters VS Aliens

Today I went to see Monsters VS Aliens, I originally wasn't going to see it but recently I've been looking forward to this. I wasn't sure what to expect and it surpassed what I thought it was going to be like by a mile. The start was a bit slow I was like "Where are the Monsters?" Then she turns into a 50ft woman I was like woooooah! :awesome: This film is going to be awesome.

I loved the characters in this and it was very funny to me with some great lines. Insectasarus is the greatest thing since Snorlax as well! I felt it was very visually impressive and there were some fantastic sequences that blew me away!

The whole thing was just a whole lot of fun and nothing to serious, which is exactly what I was looking for!:grin:

loved it.

6 Bears out of 7.

Edited by Coolness Bears

dragonball evolution :

haha I expected this to be bad .. I just wanted to see how bad.. I;m a massive dragonball film... I mean fuck it;s bad.. i mean really bad...

2/10

Insectasarus is the greatest thing since Snorlax as well![/b]

Yeah I thought he (?) was awesome as well. Just the constant look of "special" on his face was priceless.

dragonball evolution :

haha I expected this to be bad .. I just wanted to see how bad.. I;m a massive dragonball film... I mean fuck it;s bad.. i mean really bad...

2/10

I just died a little inside. I'll still watch it though.

Yeah I thought he (?) was awesome as well. Just the constant look of "special" on his face was priceless.

Agreed the face cracked me up the entire movie! : peace: Especially in the scene on the bridge when all the fighting is going on and he is just standing there clueless! needed more of him I feel.

monsters-vs-aliens-01.jpg

I just died a little inside. I'll still watch it though.

sorry about that :) I do try aim to please...

But I can;t realistically say it was good.. good for a laugh mind you..

butif you worshipped the anime like me... then lol.. you're in trouble :)

sorry about that :) I do try aim to please...

But I can;t realistically say it was good.. good for a laugh mind you..

butif you worshipped the anime like me... then lol.. you're in trouble :)

I guess you were just confirming what I already knew to be true. It's kind of like being told Santa Claus isn't real, you always knew it to be true, you just didn't want to acknowledge it.

Although he is real.

Monsters Vs. Aliens

Very meh film. 3D effects were mildly entertaining for about the first 10 minutes but couldn't hide the fact it was a very weak film. Nowhere near the quality of anything from Pixar. Big name stars doing voices in an animation always seems a bit pointless too...

3 out of 5 (at most)

You're completely mental. How is it no way near what Pixar is? For a start its genuinely funny as opposed to funny if you're a kid (which is what the majority of Pixar gags are) and for the record, I'm not saying Pixar are bad, they are excellent, but to do this movie down is proposturous.

Insectosaurus is as said above, the greatest thing in the world. When they show him the fly killer thing to make him move....hilarious/cute.

Also the golden gate bridge scene is the best scene in any 3D animation, ever. Period.

As for the voice talent, I thought they were all brilliant.

Also the golden gate bridge scene is the best scene in any 3D animation, ever. Period.

Watch the first 15 minutes of Bolt.

For a start its genuinely funny as opposed to funny if you're a kid (which is what the majority of Pixar gags are)

C'mon, Wall-E had prejac jokes! :heh:

I'd like to go see MvsA but considering what few friends I do have are at home for the holidays (and I have uni work to do...) who knows.

Monsters vs Aliens is as expected, a monstrous pile of shit. But what can you expect from the same people who brought you Shrek.. Sharktale..Kung Fu Panda..

"hey guys, let's hire hollywood celebrities to get more audiences to watch our unfunny and soulless 3d animated movie, we do the same shit every time!"

See you next time for Shrek 4, because we have nothing else better to do!

You putting Shrek in the same category as Monsters VS Aliens and Kung Fu Panda completely de-valifies your opinion permanently for me.

Sorry.

For my info/fun, rate the following movies.

Anchorman

Ghostbusters

Not Another Teen Movie

Unbreakable.

You putting Shrek in the same category as Monsters VS Aliens and Kung Fu Panda completely de-valifies your opinion permanently for me.

Sorry.

Shrek and Shrek 2 are a lot better than MvA.

Yeah, Shrek 1 and 2 are brilliant (the third is crap, i'll grant you that), and Kung Fu Panda is amazing. I wouldn't mind seeing Monsters Vs. Aliens as a result. In fact i'm sure i'd quite enjoy it.

Sorry.

For my info/fun, rate the following movies.

Anchorman

Ghostbusters

Not Another Teen Movie

Unbreakable.

Kung Fu Panda is okay. An enjoyable "romp" but pretty generic.

As far as the list, shit (well, massively overrated and the only good thing in it is Applegate, everyone else is a charicature), not seen in years but from what I remember good, a decent enough parody, not seen.

Back to NATM; out of interest have you watched the films it is parodying? (the Hughes bunch such as Breakfast Club, 16 Candles, Pretty in Pink etc, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Porkys etc) I will give this to NATM, getting Ringwald to play a cynical middle-aged woman was an inspired decision.

I've seen a few of them, but its absolutely brilliant IMO.

Wait...just read Sausages post. You put NATM in the same boat as Date Movie and Spartans? Your opinion is so flawed that it has caused me to contract HIV.

Didn't seem like a debate to me, just one person saying said movies are crap and comparing them to ones that wern't even in question, and another person saying they like certain films and being done with it.

*shrugs*

I've seen a few of them, but its absolutely brilliant IMO.

Wait...just read Sausages post. You put NATM in the same boat as Date Movie and Spartans? Your opinion is so flawed that it has caused me to contract HIV.

I think what SS said is reasonable. Its obvious he doesn't enjoy parodic humour so I'd imagine they're all the same. Its like I don't like toilet humour so its all the same crap (excuse the pun) to me, even if it could be argued some jokes are 'better' than others.

You're completely mental. How is it no way near what Pixar is? For a start its genuinely funny as opposed to funny if you're a kid (which is what the majority of Pixar gags are) and for the record, I'm not saying Pixar are bad, they are excellent, but to do this movie down is proposturous.

Insectosaurus is as said above, the greatest thing in the world. When they show him the fly killer thing to make him move....hilarious/cute.

As for the voice talent, I thought they were all brilliant.

It's not really very funny at all - I think one or two moments may have raised a smile from me but the majority of laughs from the audience seemed to come from jokes from Seth Rogen's voice that weren't especially funny but people laughed because it was Seth Rogen! The only decent voice acting came from Keifer Sutherland mainly down to the fact he seemed to be the only one actually putting some effort into not being Keifer Sutherland's voice. Plus he's Keifer Sutherland.

I also don't go think Pixar films are meant to be comedies (although obviously have comedy elements) like Dreamworks films are trying to be and are all the better for it. A lot of people found Wall-E depressing which isn't something common to comedies.

I'll agree with you partly about Insectosaurus - he was one of the only decent things in this film.

It wasn't the worst animated film ever. It was just very average. Bring on Up!

But yes, I am completely mental but that's unrelated to my opinion of this film.

Eden Lake

I expected nothing, but wow, it was damn good. Once the action started it was utterly thrilling right up to the end, and it was pretty horrific in places too. The ending was completely shocking, I didn't expect it at all. I love how they made it seem like something was going to happen and then BAM the complete opposite did. They made it so I was so sympathetic towards the main character, that I actually enjoyed seeing her...

kill a couple of the teenagers that were after her.

The best british horror since The Descent, we make these survival/thriller movies so much better than the Americans. I had my hands on my face in shock for about half of the movie, I loved it.

Edited by Slaggis

Not seen the film btu does anyone else thing the poster/dvd cover for Eden Lake looks like she is hiding a pregnancy or am I weird?

rtuk_news_eden_lake.jpg

Twilight

Meh, it was alright, didn't live up to the hype. Seemed to be far too much brooding going on for my liking and the ending was a bit limp.

Not seen the film btu does anyone else thing the poster/dvd cover for Eden Lake looks like she is hiding a pregnancy or am I weird?

rtuk_news_eden_lake.jpg

Its certainly the kind of top pregnant people wear. (as in the ONLY kind)

Also I'm pretty sure the guy next to the other tree is Peter Petrelli.

Might go an see "17 going on 40" today.

Also I'm pretty sure the guy next to the other tree is Peter Petrelli..

2n8d00w.jpg