NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Empire Strikes Back and Return of The Jedi

Another pr0 cinematic experience. At least Jabba the Hutt is the right size this time.

Ten Shabba's

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Now that time has gone by, I can see why people slated it. I can't see why they did so badly, but that's me. Taken has given me a whole new erection spawning respect for Liam Neeson.

Seven Shabba's

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li

I wasn't sure what to expect from this film, but having Neal McDonough as Bison is most refreshing [i loved him in Medical Investigation], and tasty looking Kristin Kreuk as Chun-Li wasn't bad. Better than her pointless role in Smallville [Aka Assville (they're all gay you know)] Disappointing thing was my... copy was pr0 back of cinema quality, but did the job. Plus Liu Kang from Mortal Kombat and Taboo from the Black Eyed Peas, what more could you want. However it seems a normal one man vengeance against the mob for killing his father, except it's a girl. Splash around the names Balrog, Bison, Gen and Vega [The only one to look like the source character] and you've got a meh film.

Six Shabba's

W

I dunno about the accuracy of the movie and a blind man could notice the bias in the movie but overall I enjoyed it and found more enjoying to watch as a movie about the life George W. Bush then a movie about his political career.

Lesbian Vampire Killers

Thought it would be shit. It was a bit shit. But it was also a bit good. Plus it had a sword with a knob for a handle which never really stops being funny.

6.5/10

Plus I imagine feminists must be furious at the thought of lesbians being killed by a dick sword.

Koyaanisqatsi

After holding it off for a while I finally watched this.

I simply can´t describe this movie in words it´s so unique.

Brilliant use of soundtrack and imagery.

The Haunting Of Molly Hartley.

So much better than I expected. I really enjoyed it, from beginning to end. Loved the plot, and the Gossip Girl fan (and screaming teenage girl) in me loved the fact Chace Crawford was in it. Hhhnnnn.

The Tribe

This was actually really good. The actors play their parts well (Annoying Dude #1, Annoying Dude #2, Annoying Dude#3, Annoying Girl and Kaylee) and the film provides plenty of horror.

The film doesn't really do anything different, but it isn't really supposed to. It's still enjoyable and the second half is pretty much a silent film (i.e. hardly any dialogue) and actually manages to have much more character and character development than the first half.

7/10

I doubt that the reshoot is going to be much different (although, from the sounds of it, there are more annoying people and different actors) and therefore probably won't be as good.

Paul Blart Mall Cop

Some of the jokes are setup and executed brilliantly. Just a few too many fat jokes for my liking though. Charlie from Heroes/Betty/Etc is fit though.

6/10

The Tribe

This was actually really good. The actors play their parts well (Annoying Dude #1, Annoying Dude #2, Annoying Dude#3, Annoying Girl and Kaylee) and the film provides plenty of horror.

The film doesn't really do anything different, but it isn't really supposed to. It's still enjoyable and the second half is pretty much a silent film (i.e. hardly any dialogue) and actually manages to have much more character and character development than the first half.

7/10

I doubt that the reshoot is going to be much different (although, from the sounds of it, there are more annoying people and different actors) and therefore probably won't be as good.

do you just kind of...trawl the internet for the cast of Firefly religiously? :idea:

do you just kind of...trawl the internet for the cast of Firefly religiously? :idea:

Nope. It's them who are stalking me, finding out what I plan to watch in the future and then getting parts in them.

Lesbian Vampire Killers

Rubbish, pretty much. James Corden and Matt Hornes humour was mildly diverting, as was the sometimes appreciated gratuitous(ly funny) shots of lesbian vampire arse. But then, not really.

4/10

Koyaanisqatsi

GOOD MAN!

I bought this and Poyaanisqatsi for, like, £3 just because I liked the names and I just adore Koyaanisqatsi.

The sequel is alright, the third film less good, but Baraka and Chronos are other films you will want to check out if you like any of these.

But yes. Koyaanisqatsi... genius. Was such a surprise to watch it, I don't think I'll ever experience anything like it again.

Lesbian Vampire Killers

Rubbish, pretty much. James Corden and Matt Hornes humour was mildly diverting, as was the sometimes appreciated gratuitous(ly funny) shots of lesbian vampire arse. But then, not really.

4/10

Yeah, I can safely say I won't be paying money to see this :p

27 Dresses

I loved it. Heigl has something about her, that is just so much fun to watch. She just seems so utterly genuine, I can't help but enjoy everytime she's on screen. It's one of the reasons I liked Knocked Up so much, and to a lesser extent Greys Anatomy.

Some truly hilarious moments, and couple of cliche ones, though thankfully the former out numbered the latter.

The Unborn

I loved the trailer...but then everything other than those 2 minutes sucked. It was boring if I'm honest. Also, that womans body is so wierdly proportioned...she looked so odd. The bit with the guy creeping up the stairs was the only truly freaky bit.

Yeah, I can safely say I won't be paying money to see this :p

If I'd watched it by myself (something I never would have done willingly), I possibly would have ripped it to shreds more, but things are funnier with friends.

Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones and

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

I just love the action in these films. Some parts I'll never get my head around, Palpatine being able to take out three Jedi Masters in the time it takes for you to read this sentence. I would be more impressive if they actually moved while Palpatine wasted time dancing about. Yoda could've easily taken him, his lightsabre skills should be pr0 rusty.

Ten Shabba's

Kindergarten Cop

Do I need to say anything other than "great Arnie film."

Actually, yeah: I cracked up when Arnie yelled "Stop whining!" and "Who is your Daddy and what does he do?" because I was reminded of Murray's prank calls and that Arnie soundbite thing.

8.5/10

If you've seen one of the prank calls or played around with the soundboards, when the actual quote comes up in the movie it's all the more funny.

Koyaanisqatsi

oh ya this is fantastic unfortunetly the music was used in watchmen for some reason::shrug:

Kindergarten Cop

Do I need to say anything other than "great Arnie film."

Actually, yeah: I cracked up when Arnie yelled "Stop whining!" and "Who is your Daddy and what does he do?" because I was reminded of Murray's prank calls and that Arnie soundbite thing.

8.5/10

it's a 5 but a 5 of comedy value.

"YOU'RE not so TOUGH without your car!"

Lesbian Vampire Killers

4/10

Agreed exactly. Saw it yesterday, bit of a let down.

Marley and Me

A genuine feel-good film for the most part, a depressing but nice end. Predictable all the way through, but I really liked it. Won't buy it because it doesn't have the replay value for me but I did like it. I'm a big fan of Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston. She is hot!!!!! Nice film, dog was awesome :p

7/10

Marley and Me

A genuine feel-good film for the most part, a depressing but nice end. Predictable all the way through, but I really liked it. Won't buy it because it doesn't have the replay value for me but I did like it. I'm a big fan of Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston. She is hot!!!!! Nice film, dog was awesome :p

7/10

I completely agree! And shamefully, this is the first movie ever that actually had me in tears :weep:

Cashback

It tried to hard to be arty and speak about beauty and such but it wasn't a bad little film. The characters were ok but I found myself not really caring for any of them. Also the films quirk didn't add much to the excitement. :)

3 Bears out of 7.

The House Bunny

Anna Faris. :heart:

It was an ok film. Some parts were really funny and I liked the stupidity of it all but the story didn't really go anywhere!

A bit of fun though.

3 and a half Bears out of 7

The Young Victoria

I saw this in the Cinema today and really enjoyed the whole thing. I thought the acting was great and I liked the whole dynamic between Victoria and Albert. I also liked the fact that I'd been to some of the locations in the movie somehow made it more real.

Also the costumes.

5 and a half Bears out of 7 :D

Quantum of Solace (Blu-ray)

Arrived in the mail yesterday afternoon, watching it now. Pretty darn good Bond movie starring Daniel Craig. Great story to it and to me so far, Craigs best outing as 007.

9.5/10

Gran Torino

I liked the story, once it got going but the ending really bothered me. It was utterly cliche and expected. I know there was probably no other way to end it, but still, it bothered me.

Yeah the ending was a little odd. Although it's better than him wading in Dirty Harry style and blowing some mofos away.

The only thing I didn't like about the ending was that I'd spent so much time thinking he was awesome that it was really hard to watch him die.

Underworld

Pretty good this. I've only seen Beckinsale in supporting roles up till now, but i was impressed with her as the lead. Her accent does bother me sometimes though. I know thats how she talks anyway, but its just too damn posh and there's no need for it! Keira Knightly isn't even that bad. The story was decent though with quite a few interesting twists and things, plus the action was pretty sweet in places. Looks like it will lead on into a good sequel as well, so i'll be watching Evolution at some point.

7/10