NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

wtf1.jpg

wtf2.jpg

Since he said he's finished the Matrix trilogy in his last post, I'm guessing he means Revolutions.

Since he said he's finished the Matrix trilogy in his last post, I'm guessing he means Revolutions.

What a shocker.

Are the last few people who have seen Iron Man seeing the same film that I saw?

:confused:

I just see a guy who sleeps with alot of women and then becomes ''good'' with one flashy toy.

Maybe I was hoping for a different iron man!

I just see a guy who sleeps with alot of women and then becomes ''good'' with one flashy toy.

in fairnes, its not like he turned up at a party with bop it extreem (sure fire way to get things hoppin) he did make a mechanised suit and use it to defend the weak. i mean, if i did that, id be expecting some gratitude.

Word, I don't see the problem with that. He saw that his weapons were being provided to naughty people and felt responsible. Hes still a cocky ass. Its awesome.

Banlieue 13

Transporter but with FREE RUNNING. An action movie with charm and character that probably shows the world what Mirror's Edge should've been like. Too many 'action' movies (Die Hard 4, Max Payne) rely on the special effects to drag out the "woah"'s from the audience but this showed it's still possible without much besides, oh I don't know, a man running and jumping from one building to another!

Of course there's not enough free running, and there's the typical predictability but it is a great Friends n' Beers movie that you can talk through. Luc Besson is one clever frenchie.

Daredevil

holy fucking shit.

What a dump of a movie. I had fun watching it though as I was with some friends and slightly drunk and our commentary on the proceedings was awesome.

I hear that. Worst movie I've ever forced myself to sit through. Just so... dire, on so many levels. So flat. SOBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD aswjhdfpihsfpainpainpain

Well the whole ordeal he went through in Iraq (afghanistan? Fuck, I've forgotten) showed him the horrors that funded his extravogant lifestyle, and as any good 'hero' he acted upon these wrongs and attempted to make a difference.

But the movie's really just about "woah" and "coool" bits, like when he's testing his rocket feet out. Predictable but with the dial turned to ELEVEN!

Let's be honest, the worst thing about the first one, or rather, what prevents it from being a 10, is precisely the action, because there's unnecessary flair which pretty much ruins the final 20 mins. And the second one is basically the worst things about the first multiplied throughout the entire movie. The second one is by far much worse than the first, and the only thing that prevents it from being a total failure is the architect scene. Worst out of the trilogy, in this humble twat's opinion.

NOOOOOO...

Seriously, the Highway scene, the house of the Frenchman scene, the Park scene and the inicial scene when we get to know a lot of Agents fighting against Neo.

Seriously, the action scenes in 2 are much better than in 1 and 3... Which is what i'm looking for in The Matrix.

And -10000 Rep points to you saying that Matrix 2 is the worse of the Trilogy, not because of 1 > 2, which i kinda accept, but 3 > 2, if you seriously think 3 is better than the 2, you shall commit suicide.

I still love you, though :3

wtf1.jpg

wtf2.jpg

Edited

Well the whole ordeal he went through in Iraq (afghanistan? Fuck, I've forgotten) showed him the horrors that funded his extravogant lifestyle, and as any good 'hero' he acted upon these wrongs and attempted to make a difference.

But the movie's really just about "woah" and "coool" bits, like when he's testing his rocket feet out. Predictable but with the dial turned to ELEVEN!

Iraq.

I know what the movie is about, I did watch it :heh:. But it just didn't seem very good, maybe I was after abit more than ''woah'' and ''cool'' ^_^?

NOOOOOO...

Seriously, the Highway scene, the house of the Frenchman scene, the Park scene and the inicial scene when we get to know a lot of Agents fighting against Neo.

Seriously, the action scenes in 2 are much better than in 1 and 3... Which is what i'm looking for in The Matrix.

When it first came out, they were great action scenes. Now all I see is a terrible mess of awful CGI.

Terrible mess of awful CGI?

Am i the only one who didn't see that at all?

Some of the CGI now looks rather bad in places. It looked good then, but now not so much.

Also, watch the movie a couple of times. You'll soon notice how boring it all becomes compared to the first.

Half of the action seems to be done by very plastic-looking characters. It's like watching an FMV for a Final Fantasy game.

M'arse: There are those amongst us who'd rather think that The Matrix was more than just an action movie - it attempted to open our MIYINDS with the existential dilemma that we all face. The latter two in the trilogy tried to force-feed us bullshit dressed up in green-tinted photoshop glory that never ages well.

Iraq.

I know what the movie is about, I did watch it :heh:. But it just didn't seem very good, maybe I was after abit more than ''woah'' and ''cool'' ^_^?

True story :D It's certainly not deep at all. But watching pretty much any superhero movie after the Nolan Batty movies is never going to give the movies a good chance. But be glad you didn't watch Daredevil straight after BB like I did!

True story :D It's certainly not deep at all. But watching pretty much any superhero movie after the Nolan Batty movies is never going to give the movies a good chance. But be glad you didn't watch Daredevil straight after BB like I did!

I have both on dvd! My dad likes them so I've had to watch them a few times..

^^^^^

Omg I forgot about that part in Superman Returns. I need to watch that film again I have it on DVD.

It's on BBC1 tonight! :D

Wow, you're using the worst possible scenes! Those are terrible. I mean, the Merovingian restaurant scene, I'd conceed you, but the scene at his house? Dear lord, that's not "good" action, it's bad corny action! All the action scenes in Reloaded are completely bloated and blown out of proportion! It leaves a terrible taste in my mouth! Mainly the Highway scene, what a fucking sorry ass excuse for making money!

The Matrix was never about the action, Maase! The only reason the first one got so praised was because of the goddamn script, not the action! The action was standard wire-fu with some new SFX. Seriously, The Matrix would be much better if it had no action scenes!

And -10000 Rep points to you saying that Matrix 2 is the worse of the Trilogy, not because of 1 > 2, which i kinda accept, but 3 > 2, if you seriously think 3 is better than the 2, you shall commit suicide.

Herm... ok. But just so you know, the second one is the worst. Nothing happens during the whole damn movie except for the architect scene! At least the third managed to actually had something to the story, even if it was shit. Plus, the Hangar scene>any action scene from Reloaded.

Transformers

2/10

What a pile of shit

You really thought it was that bad?

It's on BBC1 tonight! :D

I love you, I thought it was on last week for some reason.

Sweet! Now I'll know to avoid it like the plague. :)

Lol, well then, watch The Exorcism of Emily Rose then (Like I'll be doing) - starts half an hour later on Channel 4(?) Edit: It's on Five

Lol Tellyn. I figured some people might have forgotten. I had until Coolness mentioned it and reminded me.

Lol, well then, watch The Exorcism of Emily Rose then (Like I'll be doing) - starts half an hour later on Channel 4(?)

Good film, that one.

ORLY. Sweet I shall record it. I love a good horror.

its not so much a horror, more a court room drama. still, its a very, very good film. gets my full recomendations.