NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Twilight

I missed the last 15 mins because my friend and I had to leave the cinema a bit dramatically as she felt very ill. It was a ridiculously predictable ending anywho, from what the others told me. Best thing about the film was hotty mcgee aka Robert Pattinson. The story was bollocks (as you say ReZ), music was ok and the acting had it's moments I suppose. I also thought there wasn't much character development apart from 'falling in love', does that count?. It was watchable, but not good.

4.5/10

The Matrix Reloaded

I don't get it, i expected it to a lot worse than Matrix, but i actually thought it was better :S

Sure, the story got a little ridiculous, sure, the Special Effects were a little stupid and sometimes the action scenes are bad (i saw two times they punching someone with the fist 3 cm's behind the face), but the fight are so much better than the first one.

The only fight in Matrix 1 that can actually be compared with almost every fight in Matrix 2 is the Train scene.

Seriously, i loved it.

9/10

0 - Unwatchable.

1 - Shit.

2 - Awful.

3 - Very bad.

4 - Bad.

5 - Average.

6 - Good.

7 - Very good.

8 - Awesome.

9 - Amazing.

10 - Almost perfect movie.

The Matrix Reloaded

I don't get it, i expected it to a lot worse than Matrix, but i actually thought it was better :S

CRAZY FOOL

The Dark Knight - 9.3/10

This was my second viewing of the film [first being at the cinema and this being the DVD] and OMG did I enjoy it more!!

Found it less stressful, understood it alot better, etc...

I now see it for the brilliant film it is!

Angus, Thongs & Perfect Snogging

I watched this as I told her I would after making her see The Dark Knight (which she did love, despite being a 12 year old girl).

This was typical, unbelievable stuff, made funny by my witty comments (as with most mediocre films). I quite like how the main girl was pretty, but at the same time wasn't.

4.9/10

Because I had a nice time watching it.

Twighlight:

Had some good choones in it and i'm in love with the main girl. By the end I actually thought it was a decent enough film. 5.5/10

The Golden Compass

It's been ages since I read the books, so I couldn't remember much of what was meant to happen. But apart from the semi-pr0 castings, not bad music and special effects, and a sexy battle at the end... It just felt empty.

Seven Shabba's

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

I'll give it a 3. But no more you here!! :heh:

The bit you like is on now. :D

I'll give it a 3. But no more you here!! :heh:

The bit you like is on now. :D

Yay.

elektra1.jpg

But I'm going to have to give Elektra 1/10.

That sucked hard. Actually I'll give it 2 because Terence Stamp is in it and 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert' is awesome.

But I'm going to have to give Elektra 1/10.

That sucked hard. Actually I'll give it 2 because Terence Stamp is in it and 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert' is awesome.

I'd give Elektra 2 too.

1 for the fact that it's actually promising up till 20/25 minutes in, and 1 for the fact she looks way hotter than in Daredevil.

Finished The Matrix trilogy now:

The Matrix: Revolutions

OH MY GOD, SHIT, MY EYES ARE BLEEDING.

So, a lot of things i hated about this movie.

A ) I don't know if i'm the only one, but i loved the previous movies called THE MATRIX because of THE MATRIX. Here, the movie was not "The Matrix", it should've been a spinoff of The Matrix called "Protect Zion".

B) This is inter ligated with the previous point, this point is about the war of Zion.

Sure, it was a good war (it was not great by any means), but it seemed like The Matrix i knew turned in something completely different.

Seriously, i wish Zion wasn't part of the story, its sad, but i do.

C)The first part in which we actually are in The Matrix is absolutely pointless.

Seriously, was it a filler? Bad battles, something that does not add nothing besides a new girl which we don't need.

Sure, i loved to see the Frenchman again, but it was absolutely unnecessary.

D) The last battle between Smith and Neo seemed to be one of those that would be seriously epic.

SERIOUSLY, thousands of Smiths looking at one Smith fighting againts Neo, while they go up in the sky and kick themselves against buildings, HOW DID THIS GO WRONG?

Too short, too repetitive, and the ending of the battle was absolutely shit.

Sure, the thing of "I could only predict until you had to make a choice, and the choice you made was that you would continue to fight, even though you were pretty much dead", yes, it was a nice message and a nice pwned, but the ending was really bullshit.

E) This is interligated with the previous point.

In this type of movie, i don't care if the story is stupid, as long as i get good battles.

It all goes shitty when the battle itself suffers because of the stupid story.

Now, don't get me wrong, it wasn't that bad, the Special Effects were awesome, specially in the final battle, its just that it was damn shitty when compared with the previous movies (specially the second).

Its still a good movie, though.

6/10

0 - Unwatchable.

1 - Shit.

2 - Awful.

3 - Very bad.

4 - Bad.

5 - Average.

6 - Good.

7 - Very good.

8 - Awesome.

9 - Amazing.

10 - Almost perfect movie.

Southland Tales

The controversially...odd offering from the writer/director of Donnie Darko.

Literally one of the most enjoyable films I've seen this year, simply because it contains too many elements that reflect aspects of my friends and I's humour. I literally lol'd at too many bits.

SO fucking confusing, I know what happened in the end, but ask me to repeat how everything got there/is connected, I couldn't tell you.

It seemed to be influenced by a things like Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns/Strikes Again!, especially Krysta Now's talk show. In fact I loved Sarah Michelle Gellar throughout.

I also thought Rock was good, considering I didn't know he could act and stuff. Loved his final scene with the lovely asian villainess, Serpentine.

OMG I remember now! I found the fact that the government were facing "terrorist threats" from a woman called Deepthroat2 absolutely hilarious.

Love/10

The Matrix Reloaded

Sure, the story got a little ridiculous, sure, the Special Effects were a little stupid and sometimes the action scenes are bad (i saw two times they punching someone with the fist 3 cm's behind the face), but the fight are so much better than the first one.

The only fight in Matrix 1 that can actually be compared with almost every fight in Matrix 2 is the Train scene.

Seriously, i loved it.

9/10

Let's be honest, the worst thing about the first one, or rather, what prevents it from being a 10, is precisely the action, because there's unnecessary flair which pretty much ruins the final 20 mins. And the second one is basically the worst things about the first multiplied throughout the entire movie. The second one is by far much worse than the first, and the only thing that prevents it from being a total failure is the architect scene. Worst out of the trilogy, in this humble twat's opinion.

OMG so many amazing posts.

Maase, you're a fool. Matrix > The ones that never happened.

Paj, Daft....I actually liked Daredevil. It was a bit shoddy, but I think it was horribly over hated. 6/10 in my eyes. I also had a fetish for that particular song. I loved that Elektra sandbag bit Paj, it ALWAYS gives me shivers down my spine. :)

Elektra was trash. I also give it 2/10. And agree that she looked gorgeous.

I remember sitting in my best mates house in the computer room under his stairs watching the Daredevil trailer over and over because we were so excited for it.

Simpler times. Much simpler times. :(

You can get simpler? :p

I've toyed with the idea of re-watching Daredevil but if it has that Evanescence song on it I'd rather shave my body with a machete.

The Matrix Reloaded

Seriously, i loved it.

9/10

The Matrix: Reloaded

OH MY GOD, SHIT, MY EYES ARE BLEEDING.

So, a lot of things i hated about this movie.

Its still a good movie, though.

6/10

wtf1.jpg

wtf2.jpg

You can get simpler? :p

I've toyed with the idea of re-watching Daredevil but if it has that Evanescence song on it I'd rather shave my body with a machete.

Only for one lovely scene. To be fair, 3 people have shown their love for it, so you may as well.

I don't hate it as a film at all. It's just not that good.

Nancy Drew

One of my sayings is "Nancy Drew!" for no reason whatsoever. Knew nothing abiut her other than that she was a fictional girl detective. So as a joke my sister got me the DVD. It felt like a jokey film at points.

I love the fact she holds a bomb with a timer counting down from 10 seconds in her hands for a pointless amount of time before disposing of it in slo-mo.

Plus Emma Roberts is prettier than Julia.

5/10

Enjoyable.

Daredevil

holy fucking shit.

What a dump of a movie. I had fun watching it though as I was with some friends and slightly drunk and our commentary on the proceedings was awesome.

Iron Man

Really disappointed with this film..I don't think it was worth watching, which is something for anything superhero like! Shame really, seemed abit off and the story was poor.

4/10

Are the last few people who have seen Iron Man seeing the same film that I saw?

:confused:

Maybe it's a special version.