NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

finally seen Goodfellas!

awesome film, great cast, great direction, great sound track. Yeah. Stuff. :)

Gotta love that ending. :heh:

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning *Spoilers*

I hate it when a horror movie doesn't end with someone surviving. It pisses me off so much because I just think, well what the fuck was the point in watching it if no one lives. They developed the main character well, and after all the trouble she went through, she was about 20 metres away from escaping and they kill her off. To be fair to the movie, I was shouting at the screen for the last 20 mins or so, I got pretty wrapped up in it.

6.3/10

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

I hate it when a horror movie doesn't end with someone surviving. It pisses me off so much because I just think, well what the fuck was the point in watching it if no one lives. They developed the main character well, and after all the trouble she went through, she was about 20 metres away from escaping and they kill her off. To be fair to the movie, I was shouting at the screen for the last 20 mins or so, I got pretty wrapped up in it.

6.3/10

Ruined, thanks.

Ruined, thanks.

I usually put "*spoilers*" but seeing as it was a crappy horror film that came out almost 2 years ago I didn't really see the need. I figured everyone that actually wanted to see it, would have already. Apologies.

I hate it when a horror movie doesn't end with someone surviving. It pisses me off so much because I just think, well what the fuck was the point in watching it if no one lives.

That's the most idiotic thing ever, Haggis. :confused: Seriously, they're usually better when there's no survivors.

That's the most idiotic thing ever, Haggis. :confused: Seriously, they're usually better when there's no survivors.

Really, you think? Howcome? I mean, I just feel that 2 hours of my life has been wasted when they actually attempt to develop a character and then kill them off in the end. If they hadn't made an attempt to develop the character (i.e most teen slasher flicks) then killing them off is fine I mean, that's the point of a slasher flick.

Really, you think? Howcome? I mean, I just feel that 2 hours of my life has been wasted when they actually attempt to develop a character and then kill them off in the end. If they hadn't made an attempt to develop the character (i.e most teen slasher flicks) then killing them off is fine I mean, that's the point of a slasher flick.

I think if a character survives at the end of a horrow movie then I feel letdown. I'm not sure why. I feel that they build up the character and try to make you care or them so when they die you are like NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Which you were Haggis! :p by the sounds of it! but I can see where yo uare coming from as well. ^_____^

I guess I hate knowing if the characters survive or not. I saw one were they survive but I already knew it was going to happen so watching them run about scared when I knew they survived made it a bit pointless for me. Which my explain why I like it the other way round. :)

I usually put "*spoilers*" but seeing as it was a crappy horror film that came out almost 2 years ago I didn't really see the need. I figured everyone that actually wanted to see it, would have already. Apologies.

LoL, I was only messing. I have no intension of watch the film, so no worries :heh:

Gotta love that ending. :heh:

it's ace. btw, you don't happen to know the tune they use for the montage with all the hits following the big heist, do you? I recognised it, but couldn't put a name to it.

Beneath The Planet Of The Apes

I love how this, though a sequel, fitted perfectly into the scene set by the first one. It didn't feel disconnected at all. Overall, much better than I thought, and definitely not a particularly happy film. :(

8/10

Haggis; the film is about anything but character development :P more about how monstrous human beings can be under the 'wrong' circumstances. And stuff...

Lady Vengeance. Hmm. I think I'm the only person in the world who thinks this trilogy started with the best, then got progressively 'worse' - that's not to say the films are bad, I just preferred the first two takes on revenge than the way it was portrayed in the last film. Too moral and flakey. Mr Vengeance was ace because it was so subtle!

Note; The killing of the main character/s, especially after character development, is entirely more thought-provoking/striking than if they lived. Shocking, generally.

Beneath The Planet Of The Apes

I love how this, though a sequel, fitted perfectly into the scene set by the first one. It didn't feel disconnected at all. Overall, much better than I thought, and definitely not a particularly happy film. :(

8/10

Haha, Yeees! I'm so glad you enjoyed the sequel. It's really good, isn't it? And James Francisco is really good as Brent. :D

The intro is particularly fucking awesome. Such a good opening, and the film really does peak in the final third. So awesome.

One thing I would change, though.

I loved the ending, especially with the screen fading to black and white, but I think the voice speaking at the end is a bit too abrupt. I think it could have continued for maybe a few more seconds, with a couple more lines. Like the speech Cornelius reads from the scrolls in the first. It was chilling, but not as chilling as it could have been, imo.

Fucking love it, and I do rate it slightly higher than the original. :)

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

My favourite film out of the trilogy, and just my favourite film - period. :heh: The battles, the story/characters/acting, the music, everything was perfect in my eyes.

10/10

Mirrors

Another film with terrible reviews that was actually very good. TBH, I think I'll give up on film reviews and stuff...Anyway, back to Mirrors. Good characters, a good sense of mystery and a cool ending.

7/10

The Island

I remember going to see this with friends when it first came out at cinemas and coming out of the cinema wondering why I had bothered. It wasn't as bad as I remembered and while it is purely science fiction, some of it is just utter bollocks. Point in case: McGregor and Johansson on the big R sign plummeting to the ground and managing to hold on all the way down so they could let go and land in a safety net for a construction site. Obviously, the story has certain bits which are relevant to what is happening in today's science such as

the part where they decide that they have to kill/destroy all of the echo and delta generations of the clones who could possibly show signs of consciousness and thought

So, it was a little bit better than I remembered but still pretty meh. I think the only plus I could find was Johansson's looks.

5/10

I watched some of The Island, but i have seen it before.

It is abit farfetched, but well it is fiction, i like the story and overall its a ok film

7/10

The Covenent

A few good moments, and lots of boring ones in between. Also, how the hell can someone wear swimming trunks that small?

5/10

Hairspray (2007)

Such an enjoyable film to watch with a few friends. It's become one of my favourite movies now, and I seem to like it more everytime I watch it. Some great songs, some very funny moments and a nice story.

8.3/10

Final Destination 3

Watched this with my mate who had never seen it before. Her reactions to the deaths were hilarious to watch, and a couple of them still get me even now after multiple times watching it. The "there is someone walking behind you" song still freaks me out when I hear it. I love the ending, but now I know that the main character won't be in the next one, it's ruined it a little.

7.2/10

Superbad

i didn't think i would find this funny.

But I was laughing all the way through XD

Although it dragged abit towards the end.

8.5/10

Police Story

I havn't seen this in months so thought it would be good to see it again. Being a fan of Jackie Chan, i find this one of his best movies. The bus and the mall sequences are some of his best work to date. And it was also the last movie he could get insurance that he wanted to get because of the number of casualties and stunt-men seriously injured. Overall this is a great movie.

10/10

For your enjoyment

is that the mall fight? fucking quality.

you may recognise this picture I took, then.

n283900890_723190_1246.jpg

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Quite cool actually. Nice little story with a good mix between melodramatic teens, comedy and sci-fi.

is that the mall fight? fucking quality.

you may recognise this picture I took, then.

n283900890_723190_1246.jpg

I sure do, top of them escalators were the lights Mr Chan slide down burning the skin off his hands.

Escape From The Planet Of The Apes

Actually great! Often hilarious, completely tragic and thought-provoking.

I seriously had no idea the PotA films had such messages within them. This is probably my fave so far (watched 3/5), just for how funny it is, whilst not being either a comedy (it's not at all) or a tragedy.

8.8/10

The Happening

I decided to watch this to see how bad it is. And it is bad...but not in the "so bad it's enjoyable" kind of way. They must have had a hard time deciding what genre the film was. There's no horror, no action, and no drama as the main characters are jut quiet a lot of the time. It's extremely predictable, even though the plot is quite absurd.

Even the people killing themselves is done in the most boring way possible.

2/10