NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Tropic Thunder

Jack black and ben stiller seems like a win to me as i like both actors. BUT...BUT i did not enjoy this film at all. Only one or two funny bits..boring couldnt wait for it to end. (bro and mate i was watching with didnt like it either)

so disappointed

Yes, Suckers. Watch the Planet of the Apes films. :)

I've seen one of them!

It was the awful remake one.

There was just so little action in it though, I was bored out of my mind. I've spent more violent afternoons by myself in the bathtub.

Ok... I know shampoo kills sperm and all, but comparing the death of 300 Spartans and a kickass load of Persians to masturbation just seems cruel.

As for the whole Planet Of The Apes love thingy... I'll just add my two cents, I've seen the first 3 and I can clearly say the following: the first is essential... the other 4 are space wasters. They're not bad, not at all... they just don't add anything to the original. It's much like Infernall Affairs, a brilliant film with some nice sequels that are ultimately completely unnecessary.

Sorry Flink and Paj, you know I love you both. : peace:

Hellboy

I really got into this at the start but as the film went on I lost intrest. Highly entertaining first half but the second let's it down. Hellboy and Abe are great characters, and I look forward to seeing the apparently "much better" sequel.

Broken Flowers

Not bad. Was amusing and intresting to watch but I wanted more. Jeffrey Wright is brillant, shame that Murray doesn't get to do much acting.

Any Which Way But Loose and Any Which Way You Can

Fun, not to be taken seriously films starring Clint Eastwood and his pet monkey Clyde. Great mix of action and humour. Right turn Clyde!

Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2

Due to my Ghostbusters costume arriving I felt inspired to watch the films. Beautiful films. Beautiful. May not be a "funny" comedy, but it's a pr0 comedy nonetheless. I did wonder why they didn't even consider crossing the streams when trying to get into the museum. It's a set of films to be recommended to every and all living organism on the planet, they'd fucking love it.

A collective Nine Shabba's

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

The Breakfast Club

Why do I love the 80s so much?

I just love the ginger girl's hair. She's stunningly beautiful. I like need to make that hair fashionable again.

Interesting story, although I hated how one of the guys looked like 15 years older than the rest.

8/10

The 2nd IA movie was, however, the dogs bollocks. Can't argue with that :smile:

Actually no... the second one was pretty much a good film. The third was the dog's bollocks. I mean, the second served it's purpose, it established the foundation for every character pretty well, the way a good prequel should. It wasn't as good as IA, but wasn't far off...

Now, the third one... that one was the dog's bollocks. Completely unnecessary and utterly pointless.

It's a set of films to be recommended to every and all living organism on the planet, they'd fucking love it.

Funny how most people don't give a rats ass about the second one. Me being one of those people.

'the dogs bollocks' is a good term dude :)

and yeah, third film can fuck off. What the hell even happened?

Funny how most people don't give a rats ass about the second one. Me being one of those people.

I like the second one. :blank:

Ok... I know shampoo kills sperm and all, but comparing the death of 300 Spartans and a kickass load of Persians to masturbation just seems cruel.

As for the whole Planet Of The Apes love thingy... I'll just add my two cents, I've seen the first 3 and I can clearly say the following: the first is essential... the other 4 are space wasters. They're not bad, not at all... they just don't add anything to the original. It's much like Infernall Affairs, a brilliant film with some nice sequels that are ultimately completely unnecessary.

Sorry Flink and Paj, you know I love you both. : peace:

I know what you mean, but I suppose I see it in the way that 4 sequels exist, and considering other series with as many installments always fall off the wagon inevitably, I think PotA keeps on a good path...it's cohesive, and they all fit.

Obviously the second one probably intended to tie it all up, but it did it so annoyingly, more were made, I guess.

N.B The original in on Channel 5 tonight!

Actually, I just got back from HMV, where I bought Burton remake.

'the dogs bollocks' is a good term dude :)

and yeah, third film can fuck off. What the hell even happened?

Oh. Sorry, thought it was supposed to be a detracting term. :heh:

I like the second one. :blank:

So what do you want now? A grilled-cheese sandwich?

I know what you mean, but I suppose I see it in the way that 4 sequels exist, and considering other series with as many installments always fall off the wagon inevitably, I think PotA keeps on a good path...it's cohesive, and they all fit.

Like I said, they're not bad, far from it... they just don't seen necessary, that's all. I'd much rather watch the PotA films than the Jaws films, though. :heh:

heh no worries. It's a breeding thing- the dogs bollocks being the most valuable and therefore best part for a pedigree :heh:

heh no worries. It's a breeding thing- the dogs bollocks being the most valuable and therefore best part for a pedigree :heh:

It also comes from when things were packaged in two types: Box Standard and Box Deluxe.

Box Standard became Bog-standard, while Box Deluxe digivolved to Dog's Bollocks.

QI.

That's mostly because the details as to how they became such things are things that I can't remember at this precise moment in time.

Anyway, back to the topic...

Planet Of The Apes (2001)

I really enjoyed this, actually. Obviously not masterpiecely and classic as the original, but I liked that it was a re-imagining, rather than a straight remake.

Major problem was that Leo wasn't an interesting character at all. Heston was brilliantly corny and square-jawed, and the fact he was the only human protagonist made him the center of attention. having several pointless humans in this as main characters detracted from the main character, but maybe it was for the best; he was dull as dogs.

Helena Bonham Carter stole the show among the protagonists, and I like the design of the whole thing much more than original design. Obviously the advances in make-up and effects and importantly budget I can't compare to the original, but it felt more atmospheric, and dramatic.

At the end I was thinking "Hmm... please don't have a happy ending...", s the ending was pretty funny. I loved it actually.

6.9/10

Planet Of The Apes (2001)

I really enjoyed this, actually. Obviously not masterpiecely and classic as the original, but I liked that it was a re-imagining, rather than a straight remake.

Major problem was that Leo wasn't an interesting character at all. Heston was brilliantly corny and square-jawed, and the fact he was the only human protagonist made him the center of attention. having several pointless humans in this as main characters detracted from the main character, but maybe it was for the best; he was dull as dogs.

Helena Bonham Carter stole the show among the protagonists, and I like the design of the whole thing much more than original design. Obviously the advances in make-up and effects and importantly budget I can't compare to the original, but it felt more atmospheric, and dramatic.

At the end I was thinking "Hmm... please don't have a happy ending...", s the ending was pretty funny. I loved it actually.

6.9/10

About the ending:

The original film is based on a novel by Pierre Boulle, and the ending of the remake is actually a lot closer to the ending of the novel than the original film. Basically, in the novel, the main character sends out a message in a bottle in space, which is picked up by two characters. The message details the story of a human who crash lands on an Ape-run world. At the end of the novel, the main character in the message flees the Ape-world and arrives back on Earth, only to discover that the Planet has been taken over by the Apes. At the end of the novel, the two characters who pick up the message also turn out to be apes, too.

I want to read it someday.

Still, it's decent, but nowhere near as good as the original films. I think 5 or 6/10 is about right.

Also, Oxy-Waste, you suck arse!

How to lose friends and alienate people

Very funny, I didn't realise it would have romance in it, it's nice and comedy wise *thumbs up* definately a must see, I was laughing quite alot, which was nice!

9/10

Very funny, I didn't realise it would have romance in it,

You are shitting me.

Liked this a lot, laughing quite a lot. Also the dog scene :bow:

7/10

The Midnight Meat Train

Was a brilliant film, although I didn't really like the ending. Other than that, Vinnie Jones was great in it (even though he never said a word, lol)

Enjoyment: 8/10

Movie: 7/10

Scream trilogy

One of my favourite trilogies, just love horror movies. I love Neve Campbell in the movies.

Enjoyment: 10/10

Movies: 8/10

Dancer In The Dark

My favourite film, and the best one I've ever seen.

It's a 10/10, obviously. Unbelievable.

Dancer In The Dark

My favourite film, and the best one I've ever seen.

It's a 10/10, obviously. Unbelievable.

Loves it.

:heart: