NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Taken

Slightly slow starting, almost in the same vein as Commando, with the father/daughter relationship being established but in this case is much more complicated. In a sense it's almost like an Arnie film, but take away the cheesy lines and replace it with more pimpsmacking hand to hand combat and you're onto a winner. This obviously makes it alot darker, but there are a few humourous moments when Neeson pisses on the authorities who think they can follow him after his pr0 Government training.

Sadly I missed a nice chase scene when I went for a slash, but I caught the end which was being run over.

Plus Holly Valance is in it, with an actual rack!

Eight and a half Shabba's

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabbahalf.jpg

Taken

Im gonna go the extra one. Yeah I honestly thought it was that good. Id even go as far as to say second only to The Dark Knight this year. Absolutely fucking amazing. Liam Neesons kicks so much fucking arsehole its not even funny. I dont even care. Amazing. Yep. I don't wanna over hype it though...but. It was just fucking amazing to be honest.

9.5/10

Wildchild

"Who Arrre Weee!"

Better than expected, for sure. Though the way they threw in some swearing as an obvious "shock" factor was hilarious. Anyways, the story wasn't too bad, and there were some pretty funny moments.

7/10

Taken

Im gonna go the extra one. Yeah I honestly thought it was that good. Id even go as far as to say second only to The Dark Knight this year. Absolutely fucking amazing. Liam Neesons kicks so much fucking arsehole its not even funny. I dont even care. Amazing. Yep. I don't wanna over hype it though...but. It was just fucking amazing to be honest.

9.5/10

You're right. It's too pr0 beyond words. My rating was foolish. It's getting Nine Shabba's

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

I read Taken was rubbish, except that the action was awesome in that OTT way.

It better not be in the same vein as the way everyone jizzes/jizzed over Samuel L. Jackson/Chuck Norris...since that's never fun or interesting.

I heard Maggie Grace and Holly Valance are in it though....if so, I might need to go, just for them. I jizz over them.

Hmm, so many conflicting views about this. It may force me to actually go watch this, even though I never had any huge plans to see it.

Empire scored it a 1.

IMDB gave it 7.8/10

Looking at their message board, it seems like the fans there are angry over the Empire score. In which case, they would be, given that I'm looking at the board for "Taken." A bit biased. Hmmm.

Anyway, there's only one "Taken" anyway, and its this one:

taken-logo.jpg

Empire scored it a 1.

]

Hence why I don't buy Empire.

(Although in Total Film this week my jaw dropped to the fucking floor when my number one most looking forward to movie of this year ~Eagle Eye~ got 1 star...and AICN seem to love it)

But honestly, Empire giving it a 1 is the most ridiculous thing Ive heard in my life. Idiots. Its a simple as fuck film, but its clever how he does everything, and the action scenes are fucking amazing. There is only one criticism and thats the cameras a bit shakey occasionally. But thats it.

Its a fucking amazing film, and if people don't see it then their brain doesn't function properly.

PS Paj, I was super stunned when I saw Holly (cos shes like....in my top X...Ive...*blah*...to Kiss Kiss many many times) yeah...because I didn't know she was in it.

But yeah. Bloody amazing.

There is only one criticism and thats the cameras a bit shakey occasionally. But thats it.

I never really got what people have against shakey cameras. I mean, Greengrass got nominated for best director mainly because of it... it makes the movie much more alive...

I never really got what people have against shakey cameras. I mean, Greengrass got nominated for best director mainly because of it... it makes the movie much more alive...

I literally never normally complain about shakey cameras. But it does distort some of the action in this one on occasion. But its still a 9.5 from me, so its not a huge complaint. :)

tropic thunder

had its moments, i liked how it opened with trailers for fake films, though only the downey jr one made me laugh, the outhers were way to over the top.

the film was pretty much like that the whole way through, it had some great moments, but outer bits felt to over the top. i loved downey jr, he was increadable, didnt like jack black much, the guy is a bit hit and miss for me. ben stiller had a couple of good moments, but was overall not that funny.

tom cruse was actualy funny, in a surreal way, when he was dancing.

all in all, i loked how the film made fun of the industry, and how it painted most of the actors as morons, though i expected alot more.

6.5/10

There is only one criticism and thats the cameras a bit shakey occasionally. But thats it.

I was going to say that myself. I read the review on Empire and some of the responses are apt. One mentioning how it's one of the rare films nowadays which doesn't rely on CGI to carry it through.

Did you notice how the gun fires sounded different from (personally) any film Ive ever seen?

Im not sure they sounded more realistic, but they certainly sounded more violent. Which was a nice touch.

(Although in Total Film this week my jaw dropped to the fucking floor when my number one most looking forward to movie of this year ~Eagle Eye~ got 1 star...and AICN seem to love it)

To be fair, it has Shia LeBouf in a main role, though, so...:indeed:

PS Paj, I was super stunned when I saw Holly (cos shes like....in my top X...Ive...*blah*...to Kiss Kiss many many times) yeah...because I didn't know she was in it.

:heart:

----

Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes

I heard it went downhill, but I still really liked this one. VERY short (it felt, anyway), and not much happens, but Roddy MacDowall is amazing as Ceasar...delivering some very emotive speeches, and the messages from the first films are still there.

A bigger budget, or a better score might have made the actual conquest more exciting.

7.5/10

Hence why I don't buy Empire.

I cannot wait for Eagle Eye! Paj! Stop moaning about Shia, there's bugger all wrong with the guy...

To be fair, it has Shia LeBouf in a main role, though, so...:indeed:

To be fair...you can't actually say that Shia is bad in what hes been in. Even if you don't like the films/TV show (people who dont like Even Stevens are the devilspawn though) but yeah.

I really dont like this Shia hate thing on the internet. I don't understand what hes done wrong?

To be fair...you can't actually say that Shia is bad in what hes been in. Even if you don't like the films/TV show (people who dont like Even Stevens are the devilspawn though) but yeah.

I really dont like this Shia hate thing on the internet. I don't understand what hes done wrong?

To be fair though, anything he's in seems to become successful now, so the hate obviously isn't paticularly widespread.

He just annoys me. I'll concede he was ok in Indiana Jones.

Most of my hate is probably with Transformers, and seeps into him.

taken-logo.jpg

Yeaahh!! That program was goood. At first when I heard about this Taen film I thought it was related, but alas no...

i hate shia. i dont really know why, hes not a good actor, but hes competent. i think its his face. its just screaming out for a punch.

call it what you will, i disslike him, he just seems a bit smug for some one who's ass i could kick one handed (huge assumption here)

i hate shia. i dont really know why, hes not a good actor, but hes competent. i think its his face. its just screaming out for a punch.

Bingo. I hate the fucker.

Dickheads. Yeah I said it. Sue me*

*Don't.

if im a dick head, shia is a rectum face. a prolapsed, shitting rectum, with anal warts.

if im a dick head, shia is a rectum face. a prolapsed, shitting rectum, with anal warts.

How do you know his rectum is shitting, and why did you continue watching long enough to discover he had anal warts?

------

Just saw like on this thread 4 posts in a row that start "to be fair". Loving it.

Just saw like on this thread 4 posts in a row that start "to be fair". Loving it.

Loves it. tm