NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

He's okay in National Treasure as well. I quite like him, he has an original style.

I think The Rock is a great no-brain-on-a-sunday-afternoon film.

But there was an episode of Studio 60 where one of the cast did an impression of him and now that pops in my head whenever I think of him, or hear/read his name.

Hellboy

Thought I'd better rewatch the original in preparation for the new one. I seem to in the minority among my friends; I really like it. It's far from perfect, and the effects even feel a bit dated (it has been 4-5 years, to be fair), but It was handled well, and didn't go too OTT. I think I'd read like one comic of it before I originally saw the film.

Plus I love Selma Blair's depressed-sexy look.

7/10

Kung Fu Panda

Much better than I thought. Pretty damn funny and animation was tops. There was one moment in the film where I could not stop laughing. oh man.

4 stars

Anchorman

Second viewing, and I did enjoy it more this time round, as it has some good moments, but for the most part, I find it boring. Highly overrated movie.

5/10

Evan Almighty

"Craptacular" as someone said a few posts back. Only one thing made me smile, and that was seeing "The 40 Year Old Virgin Mary" sign, when they passed acinema.

Took a peek at the special features, and was pleasantly surprised to discover that they used real birds in that scene in his office when he's covered in them. Kudos for doing that and not using CGI!

2/10

Anchorman

Second viewing, and I did enjoy it more this time round, as it has some good moments, but for the most part, I find it boring. Highly overrated movie.

5/10

*Puts you on the list*

The first time I saw anchorman I was with a bunch of friends who had just taken a load of acid. I was completely sober, but the whole experience was so disturbing I haven't been able to watch it since.

I saw Drillbit taylor today (6/10). Not great. I think it wanted to be Superbad, but failed. Not Owen Wilsons best work.

I also saw Kung Fu Panda, which was suprisingly good, 7.5/10.

I saw Drillbit taylor today (6/10). Not great. I think it wanted to be Superbad, but failed. Not Owen Wilsons best work.

Written by the same people, which is probably where the similarities came in.

First time I saw Anchorman its the only film to ever floor me at the cinema.

Insanitarium

A really great movie, I thought it was quite a good horror movie. Would watch it again and I would recommend it to any horror fan.

7.5/10

LOL at the Batman hype. I have seen Batman Begins twice in a month...once when I was at home after my exams finished and the second time was on my flight back to London from NYC...it was the only good move they were showing!

P.S If you guys know where I can purchase the new Dark Knight Posters give me a heads up. I need this poster:

DrakKnightPoster-4-24-08.jpg

I didnt say the other day, but I looked for this on teh webz, but didn't find it. However I just bought Total Film this month (The Spirit on front cover) and this poster is a giant poster free gift! :)

I didnt say the other day, but I looked for this on teh webz, but didn't find it. However I just bought Total Film this month (The Spirit on front cover) and this poster is a giant poster free gift! :)

My lady story! :o I need. If only to replace my Batman Begins one.

*looks over to the wall where the Batman poster is*

Oh my god, it's gone. When did I get rid of it? *is suspicious*

After reading (flicking) the mag, its actually pretty good. Its a decent size, and it is an insert with no ripping involved, so guarenteed quality!

Hancock

Meh.

6/10

This all depends on what you're looking for in this film. If it's run-of-the-mill superhero shenannigans, then you'll be disappointed but if you want a bit of a mickey-take with a moral twist, then an overlaying of insultive humour, then it's a great watch! Will Smith is the king anyway!

This all depends on what you're looking for in this film. If it's run-of-the-mill superhero shenannigans, then you'll be disappointed but if you want a bit of a mickey-take with a moral twist, then an overlaying of insultive humour, then it's a great watch! Will Smith is the king anyway!

It is what it is. 6/10 is fair IMO.

The thing with Hancock is it´s just plainly bad. The beginning of the movie is good and you can save yourself some money by not seeing it because the trailer shows most of the good parts of said beginning.

This movie is bad and the people who made should feel bad.

Yeah I agree the movie was awful, where the hell did the budget go, surely couldn't been the effects most of them were terrible.

It was so unbelievingly shallow and I couldn't believe the bullshit that they were feeding us once the 'twist' was revealed, I thought this film was supposed to be having fun

Cloverfield

Not bad. Better than expected. The actual monster looked a bit shit though.

2 stars

Hancock

It isn't bad, but it isn't good either. The twist about...

"the woman being the same as Hancock"

I predicted but overall, I thought the movie was OK, even if it was a little bit over the top.

6/10

Hancock

"the woman being the same as Hancock"

I predicted but overall, I thought the movie was OK, even if it was a little bit over the top.

By woman, do you mean Charlize Thereon..? Cause I got that from just the trailer. If it's true.

Wild Hogs

Fun film to pass the time on my ferry crossing from Ireland to Scotland. It wasn't as bad as I expected, and some bits were quite funny.

7/10

Atlantis

The next film on my Disney binge. Truelly aweful. Disney has lost most of the awesomeness it held in the 80s/90s. I hate the animation, and the whole story/idea of the film sucks. Probably the worst Disney film.

2/10

Beauty and The Beast

One of my faourite films of all time. A masterpiece; my favourite Disney movie. I've watched it 5 times in the last week (the only video we had in our holiday house, lol), and I cried every time (where you think Beast is dead).

You'll probably think I'm weird for loving a cartoon so much, but I really do love it.

9.5/10

Primer

Slightly confusing but then again it was meant to be. A realistic time travel movie and very interesting plot. Nothing was dumbed down.

By woman, do you mean Charlize Thereon..? Cause I got that from just the trailer. If it's true.

Yeah, I did. I'm sure everyone predicted it but I thought I'd put it in spoiler tabs just in case someone didn't predict it.

Scar

Not a bad movie. It's sort of like a mix of Saw and Hostel with a little less gore. Not bad at all

6/10

Mamma Mia!

Fun and entertaining, but not as good as many of the 5 star reviews out there are saying it is, and there are better feel-good movies out there. Julie Walters provides many laugh out loud moments, Meryl Streep is fantastic and Pierce Brosnan looks like he's having fun, and his singing is hillarious in a good way. Didn't like the actress who played Sophie much, as her eye's were huge. Ending is kind of disappointing, the final song isnt amazing and why was "knowing me, knowing you" not in?!?!

7/10

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Saw it for the third time on Tuesday. Enjoyed it most this time too.

7/10