NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog - Act One

Neil Patrick is basically playing a less assured Barney, many of the mannerisms are similar. But thats awesome.

The songs were amusing and catchy and I particularly like the first one.

Looking forward to see how it plays out but its nice to be rooting for the villain, although Nathan Fillion plays the obnoxious hero well.

Riff Raff, Street Rat, I don't buy that.

If only they'd look closer... Would they see a poor boy? No siree. They'll find out... there's so much more, tooo meeeeee!!!

If only they'd look closer... Would they see a poor boy? No siree. They'll find out... there's so much more, tooo meeeeee!!!

haha!:smile:

Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog - Act One

Just watched this aswell and really liked it. Had a very Once More With Feeling style to it. Thought Fillion played a brilliant cocky hero and who doesnt like Neil Patrick Harris. He was very likable as the villian.

8/10

Sweeney Todd

So.......gruesome :o

And the ending was a shocker.....x3

Bit of a depressing film, and for a musical, thats saying something XD

But yeah, I really liked it :)

8.5/10

I'd also give Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog - Act One an 8/10. Nathan Fillion is just so awesome.

I found Sunshine's ending a lot better upon second viewing. For whatever reason I didn't really get Pinbacker's motives the first time around, but watching it again it made a lot more sense.

Downfall

A chilling re-creation of the last days of the war shown from Hitler's bunker. Played suberbly by every actor and actress involved - a real thought provoker.

My own personal, thumbs up.

GAH!!!! I NEED TO SEE THE DARK FUCKING KNIGHT!!!!!!!!

Thats exactly what I was going to post right now as well!

So......I need to see Batman The Dark Knight....NOW! I'm getting sooooo hyped up its fucking unbelievable! AAAAAAARGGGHHHHHH!

Batman...:bowdown:

I shall be watching Batman Begins soon to get me in the mood for the dark knight, feels like a very long time coming this film does, and from what i seen from trailers it looks excellent! :smile:

I need an advice for good movie to watch next friday, which will probably be watched drunk.

I´m leaning towards The Usual Suspects.

The Forbidden Kingdom

I actually didn't expect too much from it but was pleasantly surprised. The fight sequences are awesome and have a bearable amount of flying around. Jackie Chan keeps his slapstick Kung-Fu to a minimum as well and Jet Li is awesome as always. The Western Guy felt a bit unneccessary in it but he wasn't really annoying, so no harm done.

I was actually glad that the story was very simple, the bad guys were bad, the good guys were good and the fights were not random enough to get annoying, some of them lasted a tad too long though. But overall the movie is enjoyable because it's not complicated. I could lean back, watch them fight and enjoy the beautiful colours. I was quite impressed by the attention they put into contrast and colour in all shots.

The score was very good as well and it had an epic feel to it.

8/10

Memento

Cool film. Liked it alot. The whole issue about memory and distortion of time were intereesting. Quite different from anything else I've seen. :smile:

8/10

Bedazzled

Great fun. I dont know why but Brenadan Fraser just makes me laugh in it. Some parts are annoying, like when he wishes to be sensitive, but otherwise its a pretty funny film. And its got Liz Hurley in it looking fiery hot of course.

7/10

Aladdin

How could i forget watching this?! I've been waiting for it to be re-released on DVD forever since i missed it last time around so i was over the moon when i saw the advert. Quite simply the best Disney movie ever created, with the best characters, best plot and best songs ever. Plus, with the DVD this time you get the lyrics to them which is actually pretty handy because, even after watching it numerous times growing up, i still dont know half of them!

10/10

I agree with you. When I was young, I used to love the Genie's song 'Friend like me'...actually...I still do :heh:

Rumour Has It

Pretty enjoyable, boring in parts though. The grandma was the best thing about it.

6.5/10

Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Last Ark

Enjoyed it. The character is brilliant, music brilliant, action scenes brilliant, was pretty damn funny in places and was overall pretty damn good.

9/10

Unforgiven.

Great Clint Eastwood western, made in the 90's, about retired cowboys reluctantly taking on a final job.

8.5/10

Napoleon Dynamite

Unfunny, pointless and overrated garbage.

2/10

Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog - Act Two

Some great songs in this. The opening one particularly; very classical musical. Plus it has the awesome line "the hammer is my penis." I don't want this to end on Saturday :/

Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog - Act Two

Some great songs in this. The opening one particularly; very classical musical. Plus it has the awesome line "the hammer is my penis." I don't want this to end on Saturday :/

I loved how that line was done.

I r annoyed. I watched the first two acts of dr horrible last night. It's incredible. Now, this morning, having not done anything to it, my pc sound has gone to shit and I won't be able to watch act 3.

Batman (1989) A childhood classic, many awesome memories of my youth.

Keaton is fantasic as the bat and jack as the joker is most excellent, never thought anyone would be better than him but I know that will change in the next week or 2.

8/10

Scream

Love it, one of the best "Horror" films I've ever seen. I adore it.

8.5/10

Scream 2

Good, not on par with the original but good none the less. The Sarah Michelle Gellar scene is epic.

7.4/10

Xmen 3: The Last Stand

I think it's the best of the three, but apparently I'm wierd for thinking that.

7.3/10