NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Hancock

Not even Will Smith's charms could save this film from absolute stupidity.

4/10

I watched this: "Blade Runner: Final Cut"....?

The proper one.

Truth.

-----

Edward Scissorhands

I really like this film. It's just so enjoyable, and generally great. I like Burton too, so that's a plus.

7.5/10

Prince Caspian

Oh PS: all the 5 "kids" are cute in my opinion. Cute and handsome/beautiful and stuff. Mmmm.

I've developed some kind of teen crush on the gal who plays Susan Pevensie (Anna Popplewell). She's possibly too cute!

I've decided to relive Narnia so I'm reading the voyage of the dawn treader atm. My mom read the books to me when I was about 6 so it's like reliving my (blurry) childhood. Gorgeous stories.

Anyhoo...Movies...

Krang Fut Pandobear:

Looking like it's set around the 'Lost Winds' Wiiware game, the title boasts amazingly-spectacular visuals with wham-bam moments aplenty. The bad-lad story was nice (more fights pleeeeeze!) and the whole coming of age and believing in yourself mantra was pleasantly handled.

A good laughalong movie with tear jerking moments equals one thing: Skadooshingly bodacious movie.

A great film to watch once. Sequel? With enough mystery surrounding Po's "real?" father, I'd say a giant YES is on the cards.

Quote of brilliance: "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Yet today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Laugh-a-minute chop sokky flick with enough heart to ensure enjoyment for all ages.

7/10

Krang Fut Pandobear:

Looking like it's set around the 'Lost Winds' Wiiware game, the title boasts amazingly-spectacular visuals with wham-bam moments aplenty. The bad-lad story was nice (more fights pleeeeeze!) and the whole coming of age and believing in yourself mantra was pleasantly handled.

A good laughalong movie with tear jerking moments equals one thing: Skadooshingly bodacious movie.

A great film to watch once. Sequel? With enough mystery surrounding Po's "real?" father, I'd say a giant YES is on the cards.

Quote of brilliance: "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Yet today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Laugh-a-minute chop sokky flick with enough heart to ensure enjoyment for all ages.

7/10

I agree with this man, score and all. Plus, that quote is magnificient, I loved it when he said that.

One other thing, I hate the whole "chosen one" approach to movies. Hard work is always devalued in these movies... I hate that.

Plus, Tai Long was strong as fuck and then suddenly he turned into a dud when fighting Po.

The Bourne Identity

Great film. It's been surpassed since by both it's sequels and bond, but you can still feel the craft here. It's an intelligent, fast paced thriller and looking back to when I first saw it, some truly revolutionary steps were taken with choreography and direction. Good stuff.

slight lol factors:

The CIA using big fat, beige CRT monitors now looks preposterous, somehow.

Matt Damon is about 1/3 the size of his body in ...Ultimatum. Clearly, Jason Bourne spent a good deal of his three year Indian exile working towards pectoral enhancement.

Wall-E

Breathtaking, I don't think theres anything else i can say, watching it was just brilliant, Wall=E and Eve was bloody cute, my 2nd favorite film ever, just below Toy Story, Pixar have done amazing with it...I want the DVD now >>

10/10

Wall-E

Breathtaking, I don't think theres anything else i can say, watching it was just brilliant, Wall=E and Eve was bloody cute, my 2nd favorite film ever, just below Toy Story, Pixar have done amazing with it...I want the DVD now >>

10/10

I'm seeing a free preview of this on Sunday courtesy of yesterdays Sunday Times. :smile:

can't wait!

In Bruges

Decent story, some funny bits. But not amazing.

7/10

That's why I only watch the last 10 minutes. Diana Rigg is awesome. I wish her character's name was Mrs Peel. :D

The things I would do to those legs. Grrrrrowl.

Wanted

Was ok. Angelina Jolie was HOT. All been done before though. Thought there was a bit too much violence....unnecessary. **

On Her Majesty's Secret Service

I only watched the last 10 minutes but it is definitely one of my favorite all time Bond bits.

End bit: 10/10

Rest of the film....cant really remember. :heh:

Not the best Bond movie, but still worth watching though.

Joe Somebody

Starring Tim Allen. Good movie, shows how a single father who has a good life turn into something over night after a fight. Good story to it as it shows his progression into the new character. 9/10

Just finished watching The Kite Runner. Pales in comparison to the book its based on. Misses out parts of the novel and they could have chosen better actors. On the whole, was ok but the book is so much better. Read that instead if you can.

3 stars

Kung Pow! Enter The Fist

A film which includes footage from an obscure 1970's Hong Kong martial arts film named "Tiger and Crane Fist", which has been edited and manipulated along with new scenes to create an original film.

The Chosen One is a gifted martial artist with a special tongue that has a face, which is called "Tonguey". Chosen sets out to avenge the death of his family, who was killed by an evil man named Master Pain (aka Betty).

Not exactly a brilliant film, but it sure is funny. 7.5/10

"From now on i shall be known as Betty..."

"I'll have 2 pounds of nuts."

"THATS ALOTTA NUTS! THAT'LL BE FOUR BUCKS BABY, YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT?!"

*Chosen looks confused and walks off*

Tehehe.

Wanted

Saw this on monday and quite enjoyed it. As has been said here, it is very ridiculous and OTT, but its damn awesome at the same time. In fact, i had no problem with the outrageous action up until the end scene with Angelina...

I dont mind the bending bullets, it is at least partially feasible considering their adrenaline special ability, but that final bullet she fires in a complete circle to kill all of the fraternity was just a bit too much. That's not bending a bullet, thats making the damn thing boomerang on itself! Let alone shoot through everyones head and not falter one bit. And, on top of that, she also has time to pass the gun to Wesley. I mean, come on. I know the rest of the film was ridiculous too but this just took the piss.

Anyway, despite that, i thought it was a great watch and i might well get it on blu-ray when it comes out.

7/10

Yeah that was my one and only gripe with it aswell, as I said a few pages back.

Still totally awesome though.

Mafia

Spoof comedy film, which lampoons Mafia films such as The Godfather.

Pretty much like Airplane! and Hot Shots before it.

Nothing special, apart from it being Lloyd Bridges' final film appearance before he died. (The film also has a memorial to him at the end.)

6.5/10

"From now on i shall be known as Betty..."

"I'll have 2 pounds of nuts."

"THATS ALOTTA NUTS! THAT'LL BE FOUR BUCKS BABY, YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT?!"

*Chosen looks confused and walks off*

Tehehe.

"You go that way, I'll go home!"

"Ha. My finger points."

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Noodleman; that film actually does look hilarious :P What's happening ot poor old Nic cage?

i saw(ish) layer cake yesterday. was interesting.

Cage is routinely awful. His mere presence devalues the premise of a film by approximately 10,000%, according to scientific study by real scientists who wear coats.

Cage is routinely awful. His mere presence devalues the premise of a film by approximately 10,000%, according to scientific study by real scientists who wear coats.

He can be good when he wants to be. Hell, he even won a Oscar once.

He was ok in Face/Off

what did he win?

It was Leaving Las Vegas way back in 1995.

Admitingly, he hasn't been in anything good since Lord of War. Shame really.