NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Saw IV

Beginnings very gorey. Worst one though. Apparently V is better so...yeah.

Like....4/10. Maybes.

Grave of the Fireflies

This was so sad, but it was really good.

I rather liked how it had a sad ending. It made me feel like I was actually fed up of there being a happy ending in almost every film.

Although the damn commercial breaks meant the emotion couldn't flow enough for it to be fully enjoyed. If it wasn't for the ad breaks, I might have enjoyed it a lot more.

9/10

The song "Make A Man Out Of You" was better. :blank:

Regardless of the fact that Donny Osmond did it.

Mmmm, I'm undecided. It is a pretty good song ;)

Invaders From Mars (86)

Brilliantly cheesy alien invasion remake. I always remember the shots with the fence leading over the hill from when I was a kid.

7/10

Whats eating Gilbert Grape.

I brill heart touching movie back in the day when Leo Dicapio was a fantastic actor. Depp and Juliette Lewis are in fine form also.

9/10

the book is increadable.

The Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of The Ring (Extended Edition)

Enjoyable film, i started getting abit bored towards the end, because of the length of the film. But overall i liked it :)

8.5/10

Saw

Was watching this on and off, wasn't very impressed. I'm not really sure why considering to me there was more storyline than say saw 3! Maybe I was just after something else!

6/10

Red dragon

Again watched this before. I love this movie, never thought I would when I first watched it, although you can't go wrong with lecter really. Interesting and enjoyable!

9/10

Saw

Was watching this on and off, wasn't very impressed. I'm not really sure why considering to me there was more storyline than say saw 3! Maybe I was just after something else!

Well the amazing twist would have been ruined for one thing.

Grave of the Fireflies

I rather liked how it had a sad ending. It made me feel like I was actually fed up of there being a happy ending in almost every film.

Although the damn commercial breaks meant the emotion couldn't flow enough for it to be fully enjoyed. If it wasn't for the ad breaks, I might have enjoyed it a lot more.

9/10

Brilliant film :D

Persepolis

Entertaining and educational. Plus a good art style.

Grave of the Fireflies

9/10

I actually had to watch like 5minutes of this for my lecture, it was killing me not to know the rest of the film. I may have to get my mits on it!

Jumper is shit.

Rachel Bilson is god. The action was alright, but Hayden needs to go to acting classes. It's nowhere near as bad as some people say it is.

Hopefully the sequel will improve things, i.e have more Bilson in it.

Yeah I thought it was suprisingly good.

Well not that suprising....Sam Jackson + Rachel Bilson. But yeah it was good...it was just fun and simple!

Rachel Bilson is reason enough to watch it :P But I was disapointed, I wasn't expecting anything amazing, but still... And Hayden was actually quite good in ep3, in Jumper it's not that he was terrible, but his part was bland as hell

Am I only one who doesn't worship Rachel Bilson's face? I mean she's obviously more attractive than Mischa Barton (to compare two girls from the same show), but she has such an onion shaped head, which gives the optical illusion that her eyes are massive/far apart. Yeah.

[/leaves]

Rachel Bilson is god. The action was alright, but Hayden needs to go to acting classes. It's nowhere near as bad as some people say it is.

Samuel L Jackson's acting was a lot worse than Hayden's in Jumper.

I saw Saw last night and it was awesome (on one of the 4 channels UK). Saw 2 is on tonight at 10pm !. Love horror films that dont involve the occult. Would make a great game. e,g you are in a room, how to get out, type puzzle game... cut off leg!

Hayden was actually quite good in ep3

Allow me to disagree.

Ok, there, I disagreed.

Seriously now. He was kinda ok in Shattered Glass, but other than that, he's a turd. And a big one, to boot.

No you are not, I don't care for her at all.

Make that three.

We should make a group out of this..

Her (Rachel Bilson) face annoys me, I want to slap her more then I want to bang her.

Saw 2

Sweet jesus, that was..horrific. That really got me in places. At the start, my hands were covering my mouth and I was like "Noooooo!!!". The twist at the end was pretty shocking too. I watched the first when it was on yesterday, but only caught the last 45 minutes of that.

But jeez, some of it was pretty damn sickening.

5/10

So, I just got back from the Surprise Film screening at the London Film Festival and what was the film they'd kept under wraps all this time??

The Wrestler

The new film from Darren Aronofsky, the man behind Pi; Requiem For A Dream & The Fountain and the "comeback" film for Mickey Rourke, who has already been tipped for an Oscar for his performance.

And if he gets one he'll definately deserve it. His portrayal of wrestler Randy "The Ram" Robinson is full of truth and heartache and there doesn't seem anyone more suited to play the role, as Rourke's facial features really show you the hard life that this character has lived.

Aronofsky chooses to shoot the film like it is a documentary, just one that never features talking heads or speaking to the camera. All of the wrestling scenes are fantastically authentic and really capture the spirit of being part of the wrestling circuit.

In the main supporting roles are Marissa Tomei who plays Pam, a stripper who befriends Randy, and Evan Rachel Wood who plays Randy's estranged daughter Stephanie. Evan Rachel Wood's performance is one of the only disappointing aspects of The Wrestler which is not to say that her acting is below par, it just doesn't fit well with the tone that the rest of the film sets.

Regardless, everything else about the film is enthralling and the film really delves into how difficult life can be for a person when they have to brutalise their bodies every single night.

There was a fairly interesting Q&A with Mickey Rourke & Darren Aronofsky after the film, but it was mostly annecdotes about the two meeting and didn't really bring any depths that the film didn't have.

9/10