NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

rented Knocked Up

pretty good effort. It's funny, but not as all out hilarious as The 40 Year Old Virgin.

If Knocked Up is worse than 40 Year Old Virgin [A feat I didn't think possible] then the world is doomed.

Not true.

The bit where Kyle Reese blasted him with a shotgun in the nightclub and then he just gets up was just incredible. And the chase through the factory at the end where they just manage to get the door shut is tremendously gripping. I can't name a single scene in T2 that genuinely scared me. And I think that's because the T-1000 is just menacing - nothing more.

I'd never seen anything like it the first time I watched the original - probably because I would have only been about 7 when it first came out on video. Maybe that's why it has a greater effect on me.

The bit where Kyle Reese blasted him with a shotgun in the nightclub and then he just gets up was just incredible. And the chase through the factory at the end where they just manage to get the door shut is tremendously gripping. I can't name a single scene in T2 that genuinely scared me. And I think that's because the T-1000 is just menacing - nothing more.

Hospital scene. And the final scene, in the melty-factory-thingy. As good as Police Station and Nightclub in the first.

Hair

One of my favourite films, and definitely my favourite musical (excluding Dancer In The Dark, If you can count that). Wish I was a hippie.

starfish-icon.jpgstarfish-icon.jpgstarfish-icon.jpgstarfish-icon.jpgstarfish-icon.jpg

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

I have never been a fan of Mr Brand though the girlfriend worships the ground he walks on, but he was very good in this, though he was pretty much just playing himself.

Avery good movie from the makers of 40 year old virgin super bad and knocked up, so i was expecting it to be good. Would recommand it to anyone with a funny bone.

Predator 2

I don't see why this gets bashed as much as it does. Sure it doesn't have Arnie and is set in a different kind of "jungle", but it isn't that bad a film. Although it does show Danny Glover actually killing a Predator instead of it blowing itself up [albeit it tried]

Seven Shabba's

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

I particularly enjoy the ongoing war between the yardies and the swarthy latino types. One of the best uses of stereotyping in film to date.

"Tell me why Babylon? Mr Policeman."

Pineapple Express

I remember thinking "Hmm, this is good, but nothing special tbh" about an hour of the way into the movie. Then, the last 45 minutes made me laugh so much, I swear I almost wet myself. The fight scene in the house was brilliant, and so was the car chase, and then as I mentioned the finale. James Franco + Slow Motion + Gun + "Fuck the Poooolice!" = Hysterical laughter.

Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

These really aren't bad films. There are some moments that piss me off, such as the amazingly quick manipulation of Anakin, but on the whole most satisfying viewing.

Eight Shabba's

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

Attack of the Clones is a pretty awesome film if you skip the Anakin/Padme sections.

Attack of the Clones is a pretty awesome film if you skip the Anakin/Padme sections.

The entire film basically.

I loved the wardrobe though.

-----

Pride & Prejudice

Great cinematography, it was a pleasure to look at.

Great performances all round, especially Judy Dench.

8/10

Oh god...

American Beauty

Now, I've seen a lot of great films recently (I've been trying to get all the classics watched) But this may well be the best film I've ever seen. Beautiful and flawless.

10 / 10

Pineapple Express

I remember thinking "Hmm, this is good, but nothing special tbh" about an hour of the way into the movie. Then, the last 45 minutes made me laugh so much, I swear I almost wet myself. The fight scene in the house was brilliant, and so was the car chase, and then as I mentioned the finale. James Franco + Slow Motion + Gun + "Fuck the Poooolice!" = Hysterical laughter.

Pineapple Express

QFT. Fucking hilarious. The fight in the house = bloody amazing. Just generally uberly in every way.

9/10

Pride & Prejudice (2005)

starfish-icon.jpgstarfish-icon.jpgstarfish-icon.jpgstarfish-icon.jpg

Man On Wire

Go see this, now! Best thing I've seen since TDK. Emotional and utterly amazing.

starfish-icon.jpgstarfish-icon.jpgstarfish-icon.jpgstarfish-icon.jpgstarfish-icon.jpg

Rocky V

5th in the Rocky franchise, and not the best of the whole franchise either. Still a good movie after watching it a few times to fully understand it. The obvious best part of this movie is the street fight at the end. 8.5/10

aahaaahaahahaahahaahaha

Rocky V an 8.5? That film is shit, even by Rocky's steadily declining standards it was seriously barrel scraping stuff.

Watched Narnia the Lion the witch and the wardrobe last night dont normally like those types of films but loved this i'd give it an 8/10

Watched Narnia the Lion the witch and the wardrobe last night dont normally like those types of films but loved this i'd give it an 8/10

I hate how that film seemingly tries to force religion down the viewers throat. It annoyed me immensely whilst watching it, so I never bothered watching the sequel. It wasn't a terrible film, mind.

I hate how that film seemingly tries to force religion down the viewers throat. It annoyed me immensely whilst watching it, so I never bothered watching the sequel. It wasn't a terrible film, mind.

"Hi i'm lewis carol, i'm promoting my new book, the bible v2 aka any narnia book" seriously, in 1800s if it didn;t have religion in it, it didn't sell.

"Hi i'm lewis carol, i'm promoting my new book, the bible v2 aka any narnia book" seriously, in 1800s if it didn;t have religion in it, it didn't sell.

On the Origin of Species was a sell-out, oddly enough. :heh:

What you 'jokingly' said is closer to the truth than you may know: Carol was a hardline god-botherer. Oh, and contrary to popular belief, he wasn't a paedophile.

On the Origin of Species was a sell-out, oddly enough. :heh:

What you 'jokingly' said is closer to the truth than you may know: Carol was a hardline god-botherer. Oh, and contrary to popular belief, he wasn't a paedophile.

You think anyway =]

Can you prove it though? After watching this show about serial killers (I know not the same) it seems many historical figures were actually into young people, and killing lots of people for fun because it was normal back then, I just never thought about it though.

You think anyway =]

Can you prove it though? After watching this show about serial killers (I know not the same) it seems many historical figures were actually into young people, and killing lots of people for fun because it was normal back then, I just never thought about it though.

I recently read a academic paper on the subject of Lewis Carol and his alleged paedophilia, it's fairly conclusive that he wasn't.