NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Porky's

Wasn't really paying attention, just keeping an eye out for the relevant parts, and there wasn't as much as I thought. Won't rate it due to lack of attention, but it didn't seem that good.

Question for everyone - does anyone know a female-led teen sex comedy?

Bring It On is closest I can think of, but thats more of a comedy with sexual sides than a sex comedy.

Mean girls?

Girl next door?

The only ones i can think of, and mean girls has little sexual anything in it.

Mean girls?

Girl next door?

The only ones i can think of, and mean girls has little sexual anything in it.

Girl Next Door is still male-lead. Emile Hirsh is the protaganist, it is about his quest for sex with Danielle (?...Elisha Cuthbert). Mean Girls isn't really about sex, its about relationships and fitting in.

If theres not one it furthers the point I was going to make in my assignment anyway.

V for Vendetta - 9.6/10

Whoa!!! I totally cant believe I hadn't seen this yet!! It was perfect in every way, except for the fact I stupidly googled V's actor afterwards, and now know who the actor was :(

It spoiled it.

<3 V

mean girls has little sexual anything in it.

But it does have Tina Fey in a bra in it so it gets a 10/10 from me.

But it does have Tina Fey in a bra in it so it gets a 10/10 from me.

Tina Fey. Could there be anyone more awesome?

Well the Sex And The City film is coming out this year and judging by the title and the content of the series I assume that will be a female led sex comedy film. Animal Attraction is kind of a sex comedy. I just think that producers assume women aren't as obsessed with sex as men are, hence why there aren't many female sex comedies but just standard rom-com's instead.

Well the Sex And The City film is coming out this year and judging by the title and the content of the series I assume that will be a female led sex comedy film. Animal Attraction is kind of a sex comedy. I just think that producers assume women aren't as obsessed with sex as men are, hence why there aren't many female sex comedies but just standard rom-com's instead.

Tanks, but needs to be teenager ones. (and my assignment is due before Sex and the City is out). As I say, a lack of one just furthers my point. Thanks people.

Tina Fey. Could there be anyone more awesome?

Summer Glau.

one day, i'll steal her away and marry her...

Summer Glau.

one day, i'll steal her away and marry her...

But dude, if she does not comply then she will break your face, your manhood and the rest of your body (and not show a single face expression in the process :shakehead )!

I haven't seen the first T movie in a very long time but from what I remember, it just portrayed that feeling of vulnerability in the characters. Very few films that I see manage to communicate that sense of life-in-jeopardy, many people just use ultra-violence to make the audience turn away. Making them feel it through the other characters is essence of the Alien/Pred/T clique.

I'll have to watch it again soon.

I don't think I've actually ever seen the Terminator movies (or maybe I have and don't remember). Then again there's lots of films I've never seen. =/

We did watch some parts of one of the movies (don't know which one) in our film class a couple of years ago, to study the special effects and sound effects.

Anyway, kinda saw Mr. Brooks this weekend. Decent movie, but nothing too great I guess. But then again I wasn't paying too much attention to it. Much love to the song from The Veils at the end though.

So, like, I'm going to see Grindhouse in leeds on the 19th of May and I thought I'd send word out on here again to see if anybody else wants to come? Currently I'm going with 4 other people from different social circles who don't know each other (a couple I barely know), so you wouldn't feel any less out of place. Bring a friend, too!

4 of us are leaving from Sheffield and one from Huddersfield via trains. I have a facebook event if anyone wants more info regarding prices and stuff.

It'll be aace, I assure thee.

Porky's

Wasn't really paying attention, just keeping an eye out for the relevant parts, and there wasn't as much as I thought. Won't rate it due to lack of attention, but it didn't seem that good.

Bring It On is closest I can think of, but thats more of a comedy with sexual sides than a sex comedy.

lol at porky's... I remember watching that late at night while I was in year 6... released a whole new world to me.

As for a girly sex-led film; Thirteen[/b] is the first one that springs to mind - I thought you'd seen it though? It's about a girl's intro to adolescence - thus drugs and sex and stealing. There's another film I can think of that I think is set in Brighton that sort of preceeds "Sugar Rush", but unfortunately I can't remember what it's called. I guess both films are more drama than comedy though. Not going to be easy to find a film that makes light of female promiscuity.

Not going to be easy to find a film that makes light of female promiscuity.

Ginger Bites maybe? Possibly Clueless to some extent as well. Sorry, not much help.

Sounds good jay, is this the Vue Cinema at The Light? If so, I only live a 5 minute walk from there.

How about a comedy horror

Sounds good jay, is this the Vue Cinema at The Light? If so, I only live a 5 minute walk from there.

No they've already shown it at the light apparantly. It's at the Hyde Park Picturehouse. If you're 5 mins from Vue then you're probably about 20 mins from there. It's a 7.15pm showing, too.

Ugh so bored from coursework

How about a comedy horror

what the hell?! Where is the comedy in that?! Looks entertaining though. Probably haunt for a good few months

No they've already shown it at the light apparantly. It's at the Hyde Park Picturehouse. If you're 5 mins from Vue then you're probably about 20 mins from there. It's a 7.15pm showing, too.

Bus 56 stops right outside that place. Be warned, there is only 1 screen (as if that matters) which is a little on the small side compared to places like VUE, and the adverts before the film are ancient (a little weird to me anyways). They were probably made before you were born, as was the picture house. Nice place though. Got that rustic authentic feel to it.

what the hell?! Where is the comedy in that?! Looks entertaining though. Probably haunt for a good few months

You didn't see the comedy in it? :confused:

Also, guess what was on TV tonight?

Ran

Ah, the world of Akira Kurosawa. Seriously, I love Ozu, Mizoguchi, Kitano, Miike and so on, but... Kurosawa IS japanese cinema.

10/10

This got me inspired. I'm gonna do a Kurosawa list of the movies I've seen and the respective ratings. :P

Stray Dog - 8/10

Rashômon - 10/10

Ikiru - 8.5/10

Seven Samurai - 10/10 (duh)

Throne Of Blood - 9.5/10

The Lower Depths - 7.5/10

The Hidden Fortress - 8.5/10

The Bad Sleep Well - 8/10

Yojimbo - 9/10

Sanjuro - 8.5/10

High And Low - 9.5/10

Red Beard - 8/10

Dersu Uzala - 7.5/10

Kagemusha - 8/10

Ran - 10/10

Dreams - 7/10

And I've been meaning to watch Rhapsody In August since forever, but I can never get my hands on it. =/ And I don't want to spend el mucho dinero.

Spider-Man 3

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

6/10

(just to compare to the others: first one 7/10, second one 9/10)

You didn't see the comedy in it? :confused:

Also, guess what was on TV tonight?

Ran

Ah, the world of Akira Kurosawa. Seriously, I love Ozu, Mizoguchi, Kitano, Miike and so on, but... Kurosawa IS japanese cinema.

10/10

I've seen Ran twice now, and I totally agree with you on that. Ran is definatly one of my all time favourite films, and I too adore Kurosawa's work. (I've need to get the time to watch Seven Samurai sometime soon though).

I love Ran, think it's a 10/10 film, but I don't think it's even close to Kurosawa's best. That's the great thing about Kurosawa, he's the only director that I know of who's never made a film that isn't fucking fantastic. I'd count Stanley Kubrick too if only he hadn't done Eyes Wide Shut. :(

I love Ran, think it's a 10/10 film, but I don't think it's even close to Kurosawa's best. That's the great thing about Kurosawa, he's the only director that I know of who's never made a film that isn't fucking fantastic. I'd count Stanley Kubrick too if only he hadn't done Eyes Wide Shut. :(

Kubrick shines brighter, Kurosawa's early flicks sucked, he got good from Stray Dog onwards, after that, he became a god of film making, not a single bad movie, at least until Dreams. There are about 3 in the middle there wich I haven't seen. Anywho, neither of them are "perfect", there's only one director with a 100% hit rate, and that's Robert Bresson. He hasn't made a single bad movie. Not one.

And as for Eyes Wide Shut, I personally think it's one of Kubrick's best movies.