NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

I want to see Percy and the lightening Boys. :grin:IT LOOKS SO HILARIOUS. The trailer alone had me rolling in my cinema seat! Even think about it sends me into a fit of giggles.

when i saw the trailer, specificaly, pierce brosnans beard, i started laughing and didnt stop for the whole trailer, me and my mate looked at each outher and both said "is that REALLY a movie?" then we saw sean bean. i honestly thought id laughed my self into a herina.

when i saw the trailer, specificaly, pierce brosnans beard, i started laughing and didnt stop for the whole trailer, me and my mate looked at each outher and both said "is that REALLY a movie?" then we saw sean bean. i honestly thought id laughed my self into a herina.

YESYESYES! :grin:

Pierce Brosnan why so ridiculous. I saw the poster and laughed. I saw the trailer and couldn't control myself.

I was laughing before anything had even happened.

The whole thing is... :laughing:

YOU ARE NO SON OF POSIEDON!!!

*EPIC WATER CANNONS OUT OF HIS HANDS*

The message to it made me want to vomit all over the seat infront of me. "When there is nothing left in the world, the only thing able to save us will be Jesus". Really? Excuse me whilst I kill myself.

Sounds like one of the ungrateful twats from Haiti.

rocky IV

82% montage 7% family drama 11% boxing. 100% awsome.

one question, why dosent rocky ever block?

rocky IV

82% montage 7% family drama 11% boxing. 100% awsome.

one question, why dosent rocky ever block?

May be to do with something about his nick-name "Itallion Stallion". See how long he can keep going or something like that.

This is indeed a great movie, great montage, a good story to it as well.

A Mighty Wind

What happens when you put Catherine O' Hara, Eugene Levy, Harry Shearer, Jane Lynch and a shitload of other incredibly talented people working together? One of the most amazing and entertaining films ive ever seen is what!

9/10 and id give the same rating to the soundtrack

The Book Of Eli

"When there is nothing left in the world, the only thing able to save us will be Jesus".

But the real question is; Jesus saves, but where does he shop?

(If someone spots where that reference is from sans search engine I shall be mightily impressed)

But come on, you went to a Christian film and got offended by a Christian message?

Well I think he is annoyed because it wasn't marketed that it would have a strong religious message...

But I still think it's kind of sad that it annoyed him so much.

I mean... why?

Sounds like you might be kind of small minded or insecure about certain topics to be so easily offended by a religious message.

...you're going to hate me for that last sentence aren't you?

:(

Sorry.

All I've experienced of it is the Spotify adverts and even I know its a strongly Christian film. Its called The Book of Eli afterall. Not often 'book' gets given the definite article.

Really?

Oh.

From the trailer (which is the only thing that got me to see the film) I don't think it hinted at a religious aspect.

As for the book reference... I didn't really connect that with religion, at most I thought it might have been that he himself becomes some sort of prophet or something.

That's a point, Slaggis, did it just annoy you because it was an existing religion?

If the ending had been Eli becoming a religious figure and had the same message would you have been fine with that?

The Princess And The Frog

A few of us went to see this, and we had a great time. Very nostalgic, beautiful animation (the way it should be, 2D) and great nods at past greats. Some great tunes too.

8.9/10

Top old-school Disney material!

Fish Tank

Blew me sideways, alternating back and forth. Greatly shot, and I love impassive semi-chavettes as main characters. Several stunning images thrown in, but not pretentiously. They almost seemed throwaway, like no deal was made of them. They were there to stun if you felt like it, but if you weren't, don't worry.

And I didn't realise at the time, but I covered my mouth in horror for a good 15 mins of the film in the last act/quarter.

500 Days of Summer

Still amazing. :heart:9/10

St. Trinnians

Well that was just a whole new level of special. :yay:

7 BEARS OUT OF 7 :grin:

Xiao Wu and Unknown Pleasures

Xiao Wu = 8/10

Unknown Pleasures = 6/10

2 really depressing films from Jia Zhangke... Watching them has actually upset me a lot and I can't stop thinking about them. I'd recommend them, but they are very difficult films to watch... The films have no real endings and leave you in despair and feeling miserable.

New Town Killers

I'd rather be raped by a multi-cocked wizard than watch that shit again.

AIDS/10

500 Days of Summer

Still amazing. :heart:9/10

St. Trinnians

Well that was just a whole new level of special. :yay:

7 BEARS OUT OF 7 :grin:

:confused: What would a 9/10 be in bears scale?

:confused: What would a 9/10 be in bears scale?

They are completely seperate scales. :D (now)

Bears are not to be taken seriously. :p