NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ike

Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition

The Nintendo World Championships return with a twist!  

Take on over 150 retro speed-running challenges in Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition, launching 18/07 on #NintendoSwitch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

Oh I'm super in for this, have heard and read so much about this over the years but haven't ever looked into how to try it out myself! 

Link to register interest via the UK Store

Deluxe Set looks great:

GND9q8PWgAA5zmF?format=jpg&name=large

But - as is par for the course with Ninty - nowhere near as nice as the Japanese equivalent from my POV, which includes a pair of Famicom Joy-Cons:

Ng0gOlR.png?ex=663cd82a&is=663b86aa&hm=9

(obligatory: Pyoro is never wrong)

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2

Multiplayer is great, but it for the most part it looks like a less interesting NES Remix. 

It's also amusing how the replica gold cartridge doesn't look like either version of the original NES Nintendo World Championships cartridges. At the very least they could have added some fake switches. 

Looks fun. I loved the NES Remix games and so I'll certainly be picking this up.

Posted (edited)

8 player local multi support is sick!

Doesn’t look quite as creative as NES Remix, but it still looks fun.  Will cop :hehe:

Edited by Dcubed

Posted (edited)

UK prices are as follows:

The digital edition of the game will be £24.99 (per the game's eShop page). 

The physical Deluxe Set will be £49.99 (per the generic email I just received from the My Nintendo Store asking me to register my interest):

GNElGPVWkAA7X0K?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 3

It's up for order now. I never got a link to purchase it but many others have.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's up for order now. I never got a link to purchase it but many others have.

Can confirm:

GNdd7qDW8AAcfm8?format=jpg&name=large

Thanks for the heads-up H-o-T, didn't get the email notification for some reason, despite it sitting firmly at the top of my inbox ::shrug: currently in the queue...

Update: there it is :peace:

GNdfzMaWkAE2s2C?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Julius

@Julius did you happen to have a link for it? Like I said, I didn't get one and was wondering if yours would work or whether it was locked to an account.

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@Julius did you happen to have a link for it? Like I said, I didn't get one and was wondering if yours would work or whether it was locked to an account.

Not sure if it'll work but I've dropped you a PM with the link :peace: fingers crossed! 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the link but it didn't work. Digital only version for me then.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Thanks for the link but it didn't work. Digital only version for me then.

Just tested something which might work - sent you another line :smile:

Massive thanks to Julius for finding a loop in the system which enabled me to purchase a copy.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Massive thanks to Julius

tenor.gif

No problem at all! :peace:

28 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

...for finding a loop in the system...

tenor.gif

I'm still surprised it worked :laughing:

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Was able to pick up a copy. Fist time i've bought anything off of the Nintendo store.

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Massive thanks to Julius for finding a loop in the system which enabled me to purchase a copy.

*whispers* what's this loop in the system? Or is it a secret to everybody? ;)

I tried the link, I signed in with my account, try to clck on the product to register interest, and it just asks if I already registered interest? Which I didn't, because it was only a few days ago that it was announced, I didn't realise there was a time limit on the registering of interest, either that or Nintendo has somehow made ordering this more complicated.

I thought it might be the same as the N64 Controllers, where you can only order so many per account, in this case it would probably be limited to one.

Anyway, if I can find a way to order one, I definitely will. :peace:

Just now, S.C.G said:

I tried the link, I signed in with my account, try to clck on the product to register interest, and it just asks if I already registered interest? Which I didn't, because it was only a few days ago that it was announced, I didn't realise there was a time limit on the registering of interest, either that or Nintendo has somehow made ordering this more complicated.

I thought it might be the same as the N64 Controllers, where you can only order so many per account, in this case it would probably be limited to one.

Anyway, if I can find a way to order one, I definitely will. :peace:

Yeah, you had to register but even then I didn't get a link. Bit rubbish that you even had to do that. Having an account should have been enough but I guess it's to stop scalpers.

As for the loophole, you need someone who already got a link.

@Julius do you think it will work for Sam as well?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I'll drop you a message now Sam, I've just had a sneak peek and it seems like it'll still work as it's still showing availability on my end :peace:

• Thanks 2

Order placed! Thanks again, @Julius :peace:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Order placed! Thanks again, @Julius :peace:

No problem at all, I'm happy to help :peace:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952rle9jy3d33qq5dl162

Definitely don't want to scream the method from the rooftops because you can never be too cautious with the potential of Nintendo ninjas, but if anyone else has issues with the email (didn't receive it, the link is broken, didn't register interest ahead of today) feel free to @ me in here or drop me a message and I'll be happy to try to help :peace: 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can assume there will me a SNES edition in the future going by how they're naming this? seems pretty logical to me anyway.

41 minutes ago, martinist said:

I can assume there will me a SNES edition in the future going by how they're naming this? seems pretty logical to me anyway.

We all thought that SNES Remix would arrive after the NES Remix games but it never happened.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

We all thought that SNES Remix would arrive after the NES Remix games but it never happened.

A bit different when it has the subtitle "NES Edition", though, isn't it?

If they weren't at least floating the idea around, surely, it would've just been called Nintendo World Championships?

17 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

A bit different when it has the subtitle "NES Edition", though, isn't it?

If they weren't at least floating the idea around, surely, it would've just been called Nintendo World Championships?

True.

At the same time though, by calling out the NES in the title you are at least giving the customer an idea what type of games are part of this product. Simply calling it Nintendo World Championships could have people think anything from Nintendo's history could be included.

Hopefully you are right though and this is the first of a series of games.

Sign in to follow this