Platforms; GC, Xbox, PS2, GBA, DS, PSP

US Release date; Fall 2006

4788620060210_154223_3_big.jpg

4788620060210_154223_2_big.jpg

4788620060210_154222_0_big.jpg

4788620060210_154223_1_big.jpg

4788620060210_154224_4_big.jpg

http://www.ign.com

LEGO Star Wars II will feature more than 50 playable characters from all of the classic Original Trilogy movies, and many of the characters will have distinctive weapons, signature animations and melee attacks.

In addition, players will be able to import their saved game data from LEGO Star Wars I and use all the characters that were unlocked from the first game on many of the platforms.

LEGO Star Wars II offers the new customizable character feature. This new feature will allow the player to use pieces and parts from all unlocked characters to put together their own creations and then use them in Free Play mode. When the player mixes up the various pieces of the characters in the creation process, the game will automatically generate a new and unique name for the newly created character based on the pieces used. For example, Chew Vader, Stormbacca or Leia Wan Kenobi.

LEGO Star Wars II will feature two-player co-op on the PS2, Xbox, GameCube, GBA, PSP and PC, with four-player co-op for the DS version.

For the DS we will be taking advantage of the touch-screen and stylus for doing things like customizing your character. In addition, the DS will utilize the Download feature to allow four players to play against each other in an exclusive "versus" mode using only one cart.

Vehicle-based levels have been completely reworked for LEGO Star Wars II. The vehicles are no longer on "rails" and players can roam freely throughout the level as they would any other level of the game.

Full Interview/Article; http://cube.ign.com/articles/687/687343p1.html

Info Includes; Co-op, Vehicle stages, Customisation, DS and GBA versions info, Character info/moves etc...

Sounds REALLY GREAT!!

GREAT to here the DS gets 4 player!!

Mmmm, can't wait for this. The first one was great but being based on the OT it's bound to be better :grin:

The first one was really cool and now the old trilogy too, yay.

I only hope it's also released for PC as I got the original for PC and otherwise I can't have the characters from the Ep1 to 3.

I haven't got th first one (yet). This looks pretty good. Hehe, the character's expressions make me laugh.

I have the first one, for ps2 though. I gotta admit that i'm (well was... and will be again when this arrives :D) a HUGE Star Wars fan/geek so i liked the first game. The problem is, it was too short. Me and my bro finished it in two days, but didn't bother unlocking secret characters (and there are MANY of them). If you find the first with a good price, GET IT NOW!

As for the second, it looks awesome, i'm getting it too :D

Han Shot First.

Hehe :grin: im enough of a nerd to get that.

I wonder why the DS gets 4 player Co-Op and the rest only get 2? Usually the handhelds get less features on these multi format games

Fantastic! I got the first one on PS2 cos i couldnt wait any longer for the GC version. It's such a good game i will definitely be picking up this one.

Han Solo looks so fucking cheesy in this. Brilliant.

[edit]

Just read that interview over on IGN. This is definately shaping up to be pretty good. They mentioned free-flying sections, I hope these won't be as sluggish as the other Star Wars-based flight games. Less Rogue Leader, more Starfox please guys.

I really cant wait fo rthis. Like others I picked it up on the PS2 as the cube version wasnt announced for ages. It has to be one of the simplest, yet fun games to play. This 1 will surely be better as its based on the better of the 6 films. Also the outtakes on the original game were hilarious.

4788620060210_154223_1_big.jpg

Where's R2'?

Yeah, the vehicle levels sound great;

First of all, vehicle-based levels have been completely reworked for LEGO Star Wars II. In vehicle-based stages, the vehicles themselves are no longer on "rails" and players can roam freely throughout the level as they would any other level of the game.

Secondly, vehicle levels also now support true free play, so the player will have the ability to go back and re-create all of the great action from the Original Trilogy movies with whatever vehicle they choose to use. If you want to do the trench run in the Millennium Falcon, or even on a landspeeder, you now can. This is a really tremendous addition to the game and adds loads of replay value to the vehicle levels.

The third exciting addition - and even the fourth -- is that vehicles and creatures will appear throughout the game that the player can enter/exit or mount/dismount at will and use however they want. The line between what a vehicle and non-vehicle level is has been blurred. In levels that might traditionally have been non-vehicle, the player will now have the opportunity to enable and use vehicles and creatures to further their progress or to just to explore and have fun.

Any non-droid character will be able to ride any creature and pilot any vehicle, so the player will have the chance to, say, have Lando Calrissian ride a tauntaun or Leia pilot an AT-ST.

Like in the non-vehicle levels, some areas will only be accessible with certain vehicles. As the player collects more vehicles, they can return to any level in the new vehicle Free Play mode and switch vehicles on the fly, just like switching characters.

It may look like a kids game, but when the had the demo pod in gamestation were i live there was que's of grown men, waiting to play it. I won't buy it, but i'm sure i play it some how.

hmm im intrigued but im sure theres something else more worthy of your money. i say this all the time but noone really listens anyway

Liked the first one, but miles to simple and over to quickly!

Was pretty funny in parts actually! :D

Great news, I've got the first Lego Star Wars on PS2 and it is an absolute joy to play. Lego Star Wars is an example of great gameplay design for kids (and kids of all ages); not just some old guff with technical flaws being passed off onto children. Looking forward to the next one!

This is starting to look like a must buy!!

New Screens and Info!!

lego-star-wars-ii-the-original-trilogy-20060301033621301-000.jpg

lego-star-wars-ii-the-original-trilogy-20060301033638674-000.jpg

lego-star-wars-ii-the-original-trilogy-20060301033640487-000.jpg

New IGN Interview;

http://cube.ign.com/articles/692/692889p1.html

"There are so many things that are better, it's hard to quantify," says David Perkinson, producer at LucasArts. Perkinson cites his favorite improvements as the extended role of vehicles (including playable mini-kits), customizable characters, a better camera, player-specific attacks (including new Force powers), a greater number of weapons, and an adaptive difficulty setting. All while retaining the original charm that so characterized the first LEGO Star Wars.

we have spent a lot of time improving the vehicle levels - you'll be very pleased when you see what you can do with the X-wing and TIE fighters on the Death Star!"

"the reworked vehicles levels are a huge improvement. Giving the player the opportunity to wander freely throughout vehicle levels is a great change, as is including vehicles and creatures that any non-droid character can build and ride through certain on-foot levels.

And character customization is another fantastic addition. Players will finally be able to create their own Star Wars character and bring it into the LEGO Star Wars world!"

LEGO Star Wars II's improved camera. "When playing in co-op, the camera will now pull farther back to allow the two players greater separation from one another,"

the Force and other abilities have been expanded upon in a character-specific manner for LEGO Star Wars II. "We've worked hard to bring out the distinctive individual personalities of all those great Original Trilogy characters - and that's given us lots of cool new moves," says Stone. "So, as you'd hope, the Emperor now has a Force lightning attack, Vader has his Force choke, Han's got some athletic blaster combat moves, and Chewie's got a signature melee attack - he pulls arms out of sockets!"

Lego face expressions are the BEST! Really hope they make more fo these type of games, LEGO is such a good basis for parody. Anybody up for Matrix LEGO?

Sign in to follow this