N-Europe

Bakeru (Totally not Goemon) (3rd September 2024)

Dcubed

So, I've tried the demo, seems to be a different format to the Japan demo, as it doesn't appear to be first four levels.

Reports going around that this western release (Which adds a few new abilities, according to eShop) runs a bit better. I can't confirm that, I haven't played the Japanese one, but it ran fine with a few fluctuations now and again.

The actual game? Yeah, it has promise, the comparison to Kirby and the Forgotten Land is apt, the structure for the main platforming sections is a lot like that game.
Defo wishlisting this one.

28 minutes ago, Ashley said:

And according to the video posted the other day. 

No, I mean actual abilities not in the original, such as a "Hurricane Spin" There's nothing like that in the actual demo, but it mentions it on the eShop page.

Edited by Glen-i

• 2 weeks later...

Just gone through the demo. It's turned me off the game to be honest, the movement is a lil sluggish, the combat is boring and there was little in the way of puzzle/exploration. The longer girder level had 1-2 offshoots off the main path, and I died many times thinking I could jump to another roof before invisible walls blocked me.

The robot level was sluggish and the shooting level was a poor man's Lylat Wars. I was so looking forward to this, but glad I know now before investing.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...