N-Europe

The Plucky Squire - Switch, PS5, Series S/X, PC

Glen-i

4 minutes ago, Julius said:

HE/SHE/THEY IS/ARE A TOTAL SHILL

IT'S SOMEONE FROM IGN, ISN'T IT?! 

:p

I mean, when you think about it, he still doesn't have a custom profile picture!
What's he hiding?

• Haha 1

Bugs and glitches via PowerPyx.

Bug Warnings:
At the time of writing, there are several bugs (might be patched in the future):

Collected Glitchbirds DON’T save in Chapter Replay, the first Glitchbird you collect in Replay will raise your trophy progression by 1 for this trophy, but the Bird will respawn, no matter if you finish the level afterward or not! So if you only missed one Bird, you might get the final one by replaying the chapter, but if you missed 2 or more, you will have to play the entire game again.

Your companions glitch out on Chapter Replay, they become invisible and it causes problems with some cutscenes and dialogues. Most of the time you can still progress, but it might also block progression in some cases. Chapter 7 is confirmed to glitch out completely in Chapter Replay, so if you missed anything there and plan to get it in Chapter Replay, you will need to redo the whole game.

Scrolls can be obtained via Chapter Replay except in Chapter 7 due to progression bug (see above). You do not need to finish the level after picking up a previously missed Scroll for it to save.

The merchant Martina also glitches out completely in Chapter Select, so everything that has to do with her is also missable (Scrolls and Skill Upgrades bought from her).
Hit every enemy, bush, tree and everything else that drops bulbs so you can buy all the scrolls and skills from Martina in a single run, the amount needed is pretty high, you need almost 100% of all bulbs!

Sounds like the Chapter Replay option is pretty broken.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ashley said:

That is a terrible place to put a book

I'll take it that you aren't a big Fahrenheit 451 fan, then :p

Why else would some of them be called "cookbooks"? 

ba-dum-tsss-drum.gif

Edited by Julius

Yeah… I think I’ll wait until the dust has settled.  Game is clearly coming in hot and being pushed out the door before it’s finished cooking.

Gives me time to play through AAI 2 and Emio anyway.

1 hour ago, Julius said:

I'm a bit confused by this bit...because checking Steam, it is Steam Deck verified? 

GXsPf3bXUAIV3Sm?format=jpg&name=large

And we've known for the better part of a week that it's going to be Steam Deck verified (source: Destructoid). My question is, were they playing it back when it was unverified? Or did they just somehow accidentally type that? Weird. 

[EDIT: there's also this page on Steam where they even explicitly highlight the fact that the game is indeed verified for Steam Deck]

This seems like another perspective which is maybe a bit more balanced and fleshed out, they do call out several issues but a mostly consistent 30fps in a certain mode with some very noticeable frame rate drops at fixed points. 

It also just doesn't sound like the other person tweaked their settings when they hit these rough spots, which is a bit odd, considering, well, that's the benefit of a PC handheld? ::shrug:

Sounds very disappointing either way, imagine it'll get patched but this does seem like it would have been the perfect type of game for the Steam Deck. 

I bet it was working fine on an earlier version of Proton, but is now broken on the current version.

Even more reason for me to wait until the game is fully patched up and actually finished before playing.